Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The try harder if ye want to keep a second joke thread thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

3 old lads discussing what they hate about getting old.
    1st Lad. I hate that I have a piss every morning at 6.00. Its so early
    2nd Lad I hate that I have a **** every morning at 7.00. Its so early

3rd Lad. I hate that I have a **** every morning at 8.00 and a piss every morning at 8.30.

"8.00 and 8.30." say the other two lads " whats wrong with that?"

3rd Lad. I hate that every morning I dont wake until 9.00

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Young 13 year old Seamus has been invited to Rome by his aunt and uncle for a holiday. The Pope is also returning to Rome after a visit to Ireland. Half way through the flight all the engines fail. The pilot announces that the plane is going to crash, and the plane and everyone on it will perish.
    "There's only 2 parachutes" announces the pilot,
    " and I'm sorry, but I'm having one, and the other is to be give to the 13 year old child." The pilot puts on his parachute and jumps out of the plane.
    "Do you know who I am?" says the Pope to the boy. "Yes Holy Father," says Seamus.
    "Then give me your parachute and you'll go straight to heaven" says the Pope.
    "Ok" says Seamus, "here you are."
    The pope puts on the parachute, and as he's jumping from the plane, shouts to Seamus, " St Peter will be waiting to welcome you into heaven."
    Seamus runs to the door and shouts after him.
    "No, he'll be waiting for you, you've just jumped out of the plane with my schoolbag on your back"...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,971 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

EMPLOYEE NOTICE

Due to the current financial situation caused by the Corona Virus and slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much **** (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of **** they give our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough ****, please bring this to the attention of your TD, who has been trained to give you all the **** you can handle.

Sincerely,
    The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)

PS - Due to Corona Virus, recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

I was chatting to this very attractive woman at Kielys Bar & Lounge Old Thomond Gate in Limerick, she told me her name was Tina and that she was a sergeant in the local police force, after a couple of drinks Tina asked me if I would like to come back to her place to listen to her collection of CDs, after a couple of hours listening to some great music I fell asleep, the next morning when I awoke she was busy in the kitchen doing me eggs, bacon, sausages and beans, I don’t usually eat a cooked breakfast,

so I called out to her, “Don’t fry for me sergeant Tina”.

A woman arrives home from work and her husband notices she's wearing a diamond necklace. He asks his wife, "Where did you get that necklace?" She replies, "I won it in a raffle at work. Go get my bath ready while I start dinner." The next day, the women arrives home from work wearing a diamond bracelet. Her husband asks, "Where did you get the bracelet?" She replies, "I won it in a raffle at work. Go get my bath ready while I start dinner." The next day, her husband notices she arrives home from work wearing a mink coat. He says, "I suppose you won that in a raffle at work?" She replies, "Yeah I did! How did you guess? Go get my bath ready while I start supper." Later after supper, she goes to take her bath and she notices there is only one inch of water in the tub. She yells to her husband, "HEY! There's only an inch of water in the tub." He replies, "I didn't want you to get your raffle ticket wet."

• Advertisement

In the pub earlier a woman accused me of only being after one thing....

I said "I assure you I'm not, I'm hoping to get my ironing done too"....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I've just beat up a guy who wouldn't stay two meters away from me.

Had to give his guide dog a kick as well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Better out than in my old grandad used to say.

Great guy, terrible Tennis coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Everything's bigger in Texas, you have to stay two miles away from everybody at the store.

I found myself at the Pessimists' Club, somebody was telling me, "you don't even get one chance to make a first impression."

I went to a cafe this morning and I regret ordering the All-Day-Breakfast.

Almost 8 hours it took me to finish it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,993 ✭✭✭joeguevara

byrner88 wrote: »

Reminds me of the time I was in London for my friends stag and we went into a cafe. Split ourselves laughing when I pointed out the sign ‘All Day Breakfast - Finished at 3’.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

byrner88 wrote: »

joeguevara wrote: »
    Reminds me of the time I was in London for my friends stag and we went into a cafe. Split ourselves laughing when I pointed out the sign ‘All Day Breakfast - Finished at 3’.

I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'.

So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance:D:pac:

(Comedian Steve Wright)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,757 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Two atoms walking down the road.
    First atom - I've lost an electron!
    Second atom - Are you sure?
    First atom - I'm positive!

Where do Russian muslims pray?

Mosque o.

I have been watching repeats of Only Fools And Horses on that UK channel - Rodney

• Registered Users Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Husband: My wife is missing. She went shopping yesterday and has not come home!

Officer: Age?
    Husband: I'm not sure. Somewhere between 50 and 60. We don't do birthdays.

Officer: Height?
    Husband: I'm not sure. A little over five-feet tall.

OFFICER : Weight?
    Husband: Don't know. Not slim, not really fat.

OFFICER : Color of eyes?
    Husband: Sort of brown I think Never really noticed.

OFFICER : Color of hair?
    Husband: Changes a couple times a year. Maybe dark brown now. I can't remember.

OFFICER : What was she wearing?
    Husband: Could have been pants, or maybe a skirt or shorts. I don't know exactly.

OFFICER : What kind of car did she go in?
    Husband: She went in my truck.
    OFFICER : What kind of truck was it?

Husband : A 2017, manufactured September 16th, pearl white Ram Limited 4X4 .with 6.4l Hemi V8 engine ordered with the Ram Box bar and fridge option, led lighting, back up and front camera, Moose hide leather heated and cooled seats, climate controlled air conditioning. It has a custom matching white cover for the bed, Weather Tech floor mats. Trailing package with gold hitch,sunroof, DVD with full GPS navigation, satellite radio, Cobra 75 WX ST 40-channel CB radio, six cup holders, 3 USB ports, and 4 power outlets. I added special alloy wheels and off-road Toyo tires.It has custom retracting running boards and under-glow wheel well lighting. * At this point the husband started choking up. *

OFFICER : Take it easy sir, We'll find your truck

• Registered Users Posts: 14,325 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Two dogs and a cat appeared in heaven and were seeking admission. God Himself decided to hear their appeal from His judgement seat.

The St Bernard said "I was a valued rescue dog and helped find those nuns after the avalanche."

"Fine then, you're in," said God.

The collie said, "I was always faithful to my master and brought the family together when they were down."

"Sounds wonderful," said God. "Welcome."

Then it was the cat's turn. "Why should we let you in?" asked God.

"Well actually, I think you're in my chair."

I once lived a stone’s throw away from a family that all died of mysterious head injuries!

How

I was testing children in my Dublin Sunday school class to see if they understood the concept of getting to heaven.

I asked them, 'If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale and gave all my money to the church, would that get me into heaven?'
    'NO!' the children answered.

'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the garden, and kept everything tidy, would that get me into heaven?'

Again, the answer was 'NO!'

'If I gave sweets to all the children, and loved my husband, would that get me into heaven?' Again, they all answered 'NO!'

I was just bursting with pride for them. I continued, 'Then how can I get into heaven?'

A little boy shouted out: 'YUV GOTTA BE FOOKN' DEAD.

My wife said, "Why don't you get me flowers anymore?"

I said, "Because there hasn't been a fatal car crash round here for ages."

• Advertisement

Well back to a normal Monday morning tomorrow. Up, wash shave breakfast, ring in sick........

The wife said I do the worst impression of a beer can being opened.

Pfft :rolleyes:

My wife told me she was leaving me because I was too clingy.

"Ok," I said, "I'll come with you."

Dave Allen joke: A nun is standing outside a pub in Ireland... Paddy walks up to the door and is about to go in, when the nun says to him, "BEFORE YOU ENTER THIS DEN OF INIQUITY, THINK OF YOUR MOTHER AND YOUR FATHER!" Paddy replies, "They're dead, they're dead and in heaven" The nun now tries a different approach and says. "Then think of the damage the alcohol will do to your brain!" "What?” says Paddy, “What are you talking about? Have you ever had a drink?" And the nun says she hasn’t. "Well how can you stand there and talk about the damage the alcohol is going to do to my brain if you have never tried it? I’ll tell you what; I'll go in there, buy you a drink, bring it out here, you can try it and if you don't like it, THEN you can criticise it. But don't talk about things you've never experienced. What will you have?" And the nun says, "I don't know, what do ladies drink?" "Gin," says Paddy, and the nun replies, "Alright, I'll have a gin. But get it in a cup so that everybody will think I’m drinking water." Paddy goes into the bar and says to the barman, "I’ll have a pint of Guinness please and – I know it sounds a bit strange – but could I have a double gin in a cup? And the barman replies, "Ah for Christ's sake, is that bloody nun out there again!!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭enfield

Absolutely disgusting behaviour down in our local park earlier today. I was on the path and saw a bloke and some woman having an almighty argument in front of loads of kids. Suddenly the woman smacked the bloke in the head and it all kicked off. There was a massive brawl and someone called the police. This poor copper turned up on his own and had to take his truncheon to the bloke who promptly snatched it off him and began assaulting the copper and the woman with the truncheon! Then out of nowhere a crocodile crept up and stole all the sausages!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭TheBody

I’m just on my way out to fix Cat Stevens’ caravan.

Awning has broken.

If Jon Bon Jovi married Bonnie Tyler, Bon Iver, Bono, and Simon Le Bon, his name would become Jon Bonnie Bono Le Bon Bon Bon Jovi...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Started a netflix documentary last night about a Chinese couple that had tickets from that Malaysian Air plane that went missing but didn't board the plane. Explores various conspiracy theories surrounding the mystery, and it's one of the best shows I have seen in a while.

It's called "Two Wongs Don't Make a Flight".

A Scottish couple took in an 18-year-old girl as a lodger.
    She asked if she could have a bath, but the woman of the house told her they didn't have a bath, although if she wanted to, she could use a tin bath in front of the fire.
    "Monday's the best night, when my husband goes out to darts," she said.
    The girl agreed to have a bath the following Monday.
    After her husband had gone to the pub for his darts match, the woman filled the bath and watched the girl get undressed.
    She was surprised to see that the lass didn't have any pubic hair.
    She mentioned this to her husband when he came home.
    He didn't believe her, so she said: "Next Monday, when you go to darts, leave a little early and wait in the back garden.
    I'll leave a gap in the curtains so you can see for yourself."
    So the following Monday, while the girl again got undressed, the wife asked: "Do you shave?" "No," replied the girl. "I've just never grown any hair down there. Do you have hair?"
    "Oh, yes," said the woman, and she pulled up her nightdress and showed the girl that she was really generously endowed in the hair department.
    The girl finished her bath and went to bed.
    Later that night, when the husband came in, the wife asked him, "Did you see it?" "Yes," he said, "but why the hell did you have to show her yours."
    "Why ever are you worried about that?" she said. "You've seen it often enough before."
    "I know," he said.... "but the ****in darts team hadn't!

• Advertisement

The Clyde Tunnels have been closed and why the speed limit has been reduced:

The Highways Agency found over 200 dead crows on the Clyde tunnel approach recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Coronavirus. A Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was NOT Coronavirus.
    The cause of death appeared to be from vehicular impacts. However, during analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the ...bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was found that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with lorries, while only 2% were killed by cars.
    The Agency then hired an Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills. The Ornithological Behaviourist quickly concluded that when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow to warn of danger.

They discovered that while all the lookout crows could shout "Cah", not a single one could shout "Lorry".

Advertisement