Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it wrong to masterbate for a woman?

• 03-04-2004 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

just want peoples opinions on the above topic, have been going out with a girl for the last 3 months now but she seems to be very cagey about certain parts of sex, also she thinks masterbation is wrong so our sex life has become a bit stale.Is it wrong for me thinking like this? Is it wrong for a woman to pleasure herself, whats the harm?
    PS this is not a troll, im just curious as if it wasnt an issue with her then sex would be soo much better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Women masturbate too? That's disgusting.

Um, no there's nothing wrong with it. You go and tell her that DapperGent says it's okay.

Though I fail to see how her having an interfere will dramatically improve the sex between the two of you, it willl improve her sex life how and ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Divine

Oh its fine.....if she does'nt mind goin straight to hell when she dies

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Divine
    helpful comments only please

curious25
    if Dapper says it's ok, then it is ;)

seriously though
    has she told you why she thinks it's wrong? is she very religious or something?
    it's one of the most natural things in the world, but perhaps somewhere along the way she's been told different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭MeatProduct

Lord Satan will be watching ;)

It's very natural to masturbate, to deny it is to deny part of yourself.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

people who don't masturbate/think its wrong seriously bother me...

i just get wary of people as soon as they reveal anything hinting at that information....
    I'm not saying you should dump her or anything because of it...just...be careful
    it isn't wrong for women. the impression i get is that, on average, girls start later and are usually opposed to it for longer than a guy is before realising there is goodness down there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

no shes not religious, shes american so who knows, all that she says that she doesnt like it and it seriously bothers her, emmm why? i dont it wont improve things but whats the harm.Thanx for the replies so far, made me laugh some of them

• Registered Users Posts: 24,135 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

An ex of mine was similar until shortly after a trip to Ann Summers when she admitted she was using something we'd bought there when she was on her own... Could be just the ticket for spicing things up as long as you've both a good sense of humour. Even if you just go in for a browse some afternoon, trust me, she'll be thinking a lot of the same things you will as you leave the shop;)

That said, some girls just don't like the idea of it. Most will learn to explore their sexuality on their own at some stage of their lives, some won't. Also, the great majority of women I know find it much harder to admit than us guys. I wouldn't stress about it tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

If she is being serious and honest . Then why not explain how you feel about the subject, and maybe suggest that she talks too her GP or some close girlfriends about it, as you are concerned.

I have met some women who actually found masturbation painful, for reasons that needed medical treatment.

P. :ninja:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Dont Ban Me

IMP women masurbating is on of the greatest things in the history of man kind!!

I know plenty of women who do, and afew who dont! Suppose it just depends o the girls frame of mind and her general feeling!

If she's open enough to tell you she doesnt like it, ask her about it and ask her to explain her reason for disliking it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭nads

Originally posted by Paddy20

I have met some women who actually found masturbation painful, for reasons that needed medical treatment.

P. :ninja:

what i'm wondering, well not really after this post as it seems like they're not as mad for it as us blokes, is their frequency of masterbation, i haven't had a girlfriend in a while now and i'm up to on average about twice a day :eek: so i'd be curious to know what an average actively-masterbating woman is up to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

Originally posted by curious25
    no shes not religious, shes american so who knows, all that she says that she doesnt like it and it seriously bothers her, emmm why?
    The fact that she's American has nothing to do with it, I'm sure. We are just as interested in sex and all things relating, trust me. :D
    I'm still confused though, what does her dislike of masterbation have to do with your sex life, unless you have asked her to do that as part of foreplay or something? As long as she doesn't mind you touching her, where the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,218 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by passive
    people who don't masturbate/think its wrong seriously bother me...
    Seriously bothers you? You have a hang-up about other people's hang-ups?

Some people just aren't interested in masturbation whether through lack of reward from doing it or whether they actually have a hang-up. One woman I spoke to says she doesn't, simply because she gets enough sex.

Question for the poster, do you go down on her / does she like it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

seems to me, from the replys that 90% of boardsters are ****:D

ah no, its all good

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Some women do, some women don't in my experience, just like some men lie, and some men don't!

It's a tricky one - I went out with a girl who found the whole thing repulsive, so I had to be very careful I didn't get caught - which was a serious bummer. I couldn't really approach the topic with her - it was a serious red flag! If your girl is the same, my only advice is don't get caught.

I also went out with a girl who loved to watch me - which was weird but great. She was a dinger ;) - god bless that woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

just guide her hand down there to take over from your hand when you're in the middle of it. The more excited she is when you pull your hand away the more likely she is to overcome her reluctance. She'll hate you for it but love you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by Beruthiel
    it's one of the most natural things in the world, but perhaps somewhere along the way she's been told different
    Ignore if you think I am trolling but I am just curious really. Why is it the most natural thing in the world? It should be considered to be the contrary except we've been told in modern society that it's ok to masterbate. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against it. It's just describing it like that seems wrong somehow...

Originally posted by CodeMonkey
    Ignore if you think I am trolling but I am just curious really. Why is it the most natural thing in the world? It should be considered to be the contrary except we've been told in modern society that it's ok to masterbate.

:confused: should be?
    society gives us hang ups, for many years we were to it was wrong,
    left to your own devices and if you had not been told differently, it would come naturally to you - it is natural

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

It's not something the majority of people in the world discovers on their own or at least I don't think so and hence I don't see how it's natural. People find out about it from others/movies etc. It's normal to us yes but that's cause everyone is doing it!! :)

It's not something the majority of people in the world discovers on their own or at least

I would disagree with you there. do you have some stats on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,578 ✭✭✭uberwolf

do monkeys not masturbate? I'm sure I've heard of that before. Point being that'd make it fairly natural.

• Advertisement

I think you're entirely wrong there CodeMonkey. Apparently even very young children masturbate, we just wouldn't realise they're doing it as they don't masturbate to the point of orgasm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

Is it wrong for a woman to masterbate, for the love of all things sane, no!!!!

Some women I know just haven't thought about it (this I find hard to believe but anyways) when they get to know me and I'm blantly honest about the whole thing, they get to thinking and then they get a shopping in Ann Summers or somewhere similar.

It will normally take a female friend to get a girl who thinks masturbation is wrong to thinking that masturbation is good, natural and alot alot of fun. :-)

A.

Ignore if you think I am trolling but I am just curious really. Why is it the most natural thing in the world? It should be considered to be the contrary except we've been told in modern society that it's ok to masterbate. Don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against it. It's just describing it like that seems wrong somehow...

Actually infants rub their genatals when trying to sleep. Thats a fact.
    Monkeys do it.
    Dolphins do it.
    We all do it.

...but I guess infants, men, monkeys and dolphins are unnatural perverts!
    :rolleyes:

...plus it reduces the risk of prostate cancer 4 fold, it alivates stress, it is a natular way to get rid of a headache, it strenghts the sperm....
    the list goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Genghis

It's not something the majority of people in the world discovers on their own or at least I don't think so and hence I don't see how it's natural. People find out about it from others/movies etc. It's normal to us yes but that's cause everyone is doing it!! :)

Ah, that might be where my dog learnt about it then. I must preview her video rentals in future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭Silent Grape

how old is the girl in question? i only discovered masterbation when i was about 17 or therabouts. if she's over 18, i seriously doubt she hasnt tried it at all. methinks she protests too much and is secretly part of some orgy fetish cult.

its funny, as long as im having regular sex i dont need to do it, other than that its about once every couple of weeks. and boys seem to do it a couple of times a day regardless of the amount of sex?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Is it wrong to masterbate for a woman?

Yes.

I cast thee back to hell, vile spawn of Satan.

Never sully our doorsteps with your heathen-speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by Silent Grape
    and boys seem to do it a couple of times a day regardless of the amount of sex?!!
    When you're in the flush of youth, yes and frequently more. But as you get a bit older the aul fella tends not to stand for that kind of regular punishment. Unless you have a hangover, then it's part of the whole recovery process.

Personally speaking if I'm with a partner whose sex drive matches my own there's no need unless we're apart but otherwise...

A couple of times a day seems a little excessive though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the woman in question is 25!!!!,Havent really asked her has she done it before, just the impression she gives me, thanx for the replies for far, been some very funny replies, made my day at work go quicker

Advertisement