Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Slim

1111213141517»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Jelly_bean

Hi Guys,

I just reading a few recent comments there.
    Basically, people in general eat more carbs than they need and then slump and crave more and this is what ends up being stored as excess fat.

I can only speak for myself, but I have lost 18lbs so far, nothing ever worked for me before. I tried w.w. killed myself in the gym, but this maintained my weight, the last couple of years I had put on 3 stone, and hadnt the time for proper meal preparation and exercise, and this has worked for me.

I dont stick to it religiously, I cheat at least once every day.
    Bascially, I am just not filling up on bread, rolls, chips, crisps or chocolate for lunch or dinner. It really makes a difference and im sure if you had the time to prepare proper meals etc that would work just the same, once you have the willpower (like anything) but if you dont have the time, CS works.

Weekend cheats: I usually have - Skinny Cow ice creams, small portion of rice, WW deserts, bikkie or 2

Tipical daily menu:
    9am - CS Shake
    11am - pear or actimel or youghart or piece of cheese Or all Bran and milk
    1pm - shake and carton of orange juice (maybe a bite of a bar!)
    Or Salad box - hot chicken, egg mayo, coleslaw, cheese, lett, mixed salad, ham

5pm - shake or dinner steak/chicken, veggies or salad sauce...
    11pm - tea, cheese, nuts or fruit or all bran

and water all day...

doesnt sound too unhealthy to me!

I know I could cheat less and loose more, but 1lb a week is good enough for me and I get to eat generally what I want, save chips and choco for treats (as it should be) and feel great!

didnt do CS for a couple of weeks, was away and had to eat stodgy dinners and bread.... felt awful and had heartburn the whole time, but weight stayed the same didnt loose or gain!!!

Hope that helps people on the programme!

.......... Sorry let out omletts too! love them with everything in them!
    whatever works for you really, as i said i tried WW and put on weight, I really wanted to get healthy and loose it this time and I am.
    Dont think I could ever go back to pizzas, take aways or mc Donalds again... I dont feel deprived either, I feel great.
    Its not just shakes, you have to make the effort to eat right too..
    The fact its sold in pharmacys too, if you have a good pharma, they give great advice!
    Everyones going to know someone, who knows someone with a horror story about dieting and different plans etc...
    Its not like giving up smoking, you have to eat to live....
    Most people i know that have done WW have put the weight back on, but then again some people sware by it.... depends on yourself!
    good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭lovechem

Hey all!

So I'm considering starting CS this week! Basically I have been on about a million diets and nothing is working :( I just want something to shift some stubborn weight that wont seem to budge!

Any tips for me?! I really am interested in giving this a good go!

On a side note, do you have to get weighed in the chemist etc or can you just buy it??

Thanks!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

fair play

it works if u stick to it

u can buy it , not sure if u have to be a certain weight

beware the hoards of nagativity on here from people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 CocoBeans

Hi,

You don't have to be a certain weight. My chemist didn't weigh me but I've heard of those that do if you request it.

This is a very light version of aktins, it's low carb, low calorie (not no carb) actually it's more of a high protein, low calorie diet.

There is a starter pack for about €42 that has 14 shakes, a shaker, information leaflet and a recipe book.

There is nothing is this diet that you can't do yourself by eating certain foods and decreasing your calorie intake (I think it's supposed to be about 1200-1300 a day). I like it because I have a busy lifestyle and a can just have a shake or a bar. I don't like the soups but I know some people do. Unlike Atkins you can still eat a small amount of fruit and the shakes and bars contain carbs.

For snacks, I have prawns, cheese, peanuts and fruit (an 'allowed' list is available in the chemist).

I also prefer the bars to the shakes but I try to mix it up.

For dinner I have protein and loads of veg. I mainly make stir fry because they are easier.

At the risk of starting a huge argument I will state that I don't think there is such a thing as 'Fat Burning' mode or Ketosis. Several studies show that Atkins or similar diets actually just reduce your appetite (lots of protein) and you just end up eating less.

I've lost 6lbs in 3 weeks and I've broken the diet a couple of times. I find it easy to stick to but I'm not sure everyone will lose 10lbs in a week.

Obviously healthy eating, high protein low cal diet is better for you (and cheaper) but as I say I don't have time to prepare food on a daily basis and always end up skipping the meal or grabbing a sandwich. So this diet works for me. Different Strokes for different folks.

Intially I was worried that this was a fad diet where people lose weight in the first week and that's it but I've heard from people here on the board about long term weight lose.

Warning - you have to lay off the booze - it's one glass of wine a night - max 3 a week but that's no bad thing for most people.

Good Luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

if you stick to this how much weight has people lost on this over a six week period

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭hayser

I'm going to start this properly tomorrow and I was wondering can you have a shake for breakfast and the soup for lunch or does anyone find it better sticking with just the shakes or just the soups?

im the biggest junk and takeaway eater you can meet and in a week ive lost 14lbs ( weigh in tommorow and its 14 now ) and ive tried a few diets , ww , cal counting etc , and failed and this is the only one i feel good on

but im on this a week and its a piece of piss and i dont crave the carb filled pizzas or curry or kebab and actually feel better inside knowing that i havnt had anything bad all week

shake , fruit , shake , fruit , chicken fillet , onions , peppers then some cashews for snack

feel great

in regards to how much u can lose in a week or 6 week period , it depends on how heavy u are and if u do some excercise

i wont go back to that crap again

i'll have od take away etc thats it

no doubt i'll get the slaters on here or people who just wanna throw a boot in and nothing positive to say

Acoustic wrote: »
    im the biggest junk and takeaway eater you can meet and in a week ive lost 14lbs ( weigh in tommorow and its 14 now ) and ive tried a few diets , ww , cal counting etc , and failed and this is the only one i feel good on

but im on this a week and its a piece of piss and i dont crave the carb filled pizzas or curry or kebab and actually feel better inside knowing that i havnt had anything bad all week

shake , fruit , shake , fruit , chicken fillet , onions , peppers then some cashews for snack

feel great

in regards to how much u can lose in a week or 6 week period , it depends on how heavy u are and if u do some excercise

i wont go back to that crap again

i'll have od take away etc thats it

no doubt i'll get the slaters on here or people who just wanna throw a boot in and nothing positive to say

what was ur starting weight???

293 and now 278 after a week

my mates on it too he was 213 and now 203

I was 12.6 starting and now im 11st - and 5ft 6in....
    I never lost 14lbs myself in a week, just more like 6lb first week, 3 the second or 1/2/none after that.

Im sure if you really stuck to it you'd have no problem loosing a stone in 6 weeks if you were around a normal-ish weight....

Now I loose about 1-2 every 2 weeks... its not instant, but it stays off.. you can have days off and you wont put back on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭rockchik

hey!!

Just saying well done to everybody who has lost weight on the celeb slim diet!just a word or warning though, i was on celeb slim for about 3 weeks and lost over 1 and a half stone. i was drinking plenty water, having enough allowed snacks and sticking to the diet really well. a few times during the diet i got sick randomly and kind of ignored it putting it down to adjusting to the diet, but at the end of the 3rd week i started fainting. Obviously i came off the diet then but its really is so extreme and it affects your body in ways we dont even know!although it helps you lose really fast, be careful of the side effects because they should not be ignored!!

Best of luck all!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 laurencmc

hayser wrote: »
    I'm going to start this properly tomorrow and I was wondering can you have a shake for breakfast and the soup for lunch or does anyone find it better sticking with just the shakes or just the soups?

I usually have a shake in the morning and then whichever one (shake, soup or bar) i feel like for lunch. My mom always has a shake for breakfast and a soup for lunch. It will just depend on you i think. I don't think it makes a difference which combination you have. Good luck with it. :o

pink08 wrote: »
    yes i can answer that for you! No you cant! The chicken brest is grand but the rice is out and depending on the curry sauce that might be out too!!

Basically your evening meal is supposed to be 1/4 protien 3/4 veg. there is a list of allowable veg & meat in the booklet you get with your shakes.

a typical dinner for me would be chicken stir fry, omlet with ham & veg, chickec salad etc.

no rice bread or spuds with this i'm afraid!

hope that answers it for u! check out the website for more info! best of luck with it!

for your omlet can u have cheese with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

g'em wrote: »
    Leah if you're not grown up enough to have a civil discussion I suggest you find somewhere else to post. Infracted and next out of line post will earn you a ban. And no, it doesn't answer anything given that the original request was:

@hunnymonster - thanks :o The photo is still in the forum somewhere, here's probably not the place for it, and fwiw, your athletic achievements would put most people on the site (nevermind the forum) to shame!! The appreciation is mutual ;)

Fatloss08 I understand where you're coming from, I really do. When this forum was created as a by-product of Fitness there was always a fear that it would turn into a fad-diet forum where people would swap quick-fix tips and other remedies that only temporarily solve the problem without actually making any long-term positive impact, hence the reason why the Charter was put in place to say that these diets wouldn't be actively supported here. I stand by that Charter and when I see too much of this faddy diet shite going on I will wade in and remind people that these diets are not a good idea. The forum is about nutrition, your diet and essentially the impact it has on your health. There's LOTS of information available on these pages to help anyone start making positive changes to their diets, and WeightWatchers is gladly and actively supported and there are a lot of people here who are seeing great results - a quick glance in the Food Diaries will prove that.

As for hurting people, well you are - yourselves. Starvation diets like this only create more problems such as a dulled metabolism like hunnymonster has pointed out.

When you severely restrict your calories your body compensates for that by slowing down your metabolism to a crawl and it's quite difficult to recover from that. So once the shakes are finished and you start to eat 'normally' again, you are highly likely to gain weight again very fast as your metabolism is so sluggish that you can't cope with the extra calories.

Do you realise what you've just said? You've just perfectly parroted what I've been saying all along - why bother with Celebrity Slim shakes when more chicken and fish would give you the extra protein in your diet.

I'm not a bodybuilder, I'm a powerlifter - very different. I haven't drunk a protein shake in months. I don't have a six-pack anymore, but I'm a happy, comfortable, healthy weight. It doesn't come naturally to me, and I've battled an eating disorder for years. If someone wants to try and keep telling me how I haven't got a clue, then they're the one who's severely in the dark.

I know you're not having a go, and neither am I. All I'm doing is calling out CS for the lie that it is. I've been there, and I know that the structure that CS slim provides is so, so alluring. It takes the guess work out of eating. It takes the hassle out of planning meals. It promises quick weight loss, fast. It even provides recipes for the one solid meal you can have each day. It gives you a solid, workable timetable of eating that you can stick to and you don't need to second guess. Other people have used it and written to the manufacturer's to tell them how wonderful it is and how happy they are to have started using and and the manufacturer's, in turn, provide this feedback so that you, the customer, can see the success stories of others and be inspired.

You have no idea how much I "get this". And I know how much of a snotty cow people like me seemed when I was in that situation. But somewhere along the lines I had to break the cycle and start to learn how to cope with my weight on my own and without magic aids.

But what Celebrity Slim does not do is teach you how to eat properly once you're finished. How to cope with or avoid hunger pangs. How to curb the sweet tooth that appears after meals. How to stop snacking in front of the tv. How to learn how to say no to the fourth night on the beer with the lads which invariably includes the trip to a chipper at 2am. How to cope with binges. How to swap crap foods for healthier alternatives. How to read food information labels and know the difference between macronutrient properties. How to structure your eating habits so that you keep yourself metabolically primed. How to get out of the "quick-fix" mentality. How to plan meals.

For anyone who wishes to avail of it I have a proposal. Copy the below template and post in back up with your own answers, give me a few hours and I'll post you up some daily meal plans and food options. I'm not trying to criticise anyone here, I'm only criticising Celebrity Slim. I would have hoped that the pages of information that I provided in the stickies would have shown how much time and effort I've invested int eh forum and that I do, genuinely, care about the people who post here. If you're still in doubt though, fill this in and post in back up.

Height:
    Weight:
    Male/ Female:
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies:

hi g'em,
    stumbled across this thread quite by accident and i must admit i've been sucked in,initially felt quite tempted to look up this cs thing..
    i've neverbeen on a diet in my life,i used to play hurling/football(not soccer;)) 4 times a week i was a lean,mean 10 stone machine...but the nature of my job i.e.18 hr days,working all over the country, away from home-drinking 3 nights a week,eating out of garages etc coupled with my own laziness which in turn fed (no pun intended) my disastrous eating circle.
    i've since been let go...and honestly even though i'm close to the breadline...never felt happier or perversely-healthier:confused:
    strange .
    so here goes-i'm in the process of buying a bike(on another forum on boards gathering invaluable assistance) and waiting to hear about a steady (hours+location wise) job.hopefully tomo :D:D
    and i remember myold maths teacher telling me the fundamentals of solving a problem; understanding the problem.
    finding a solution
    workingto resolve the problem...well something like that..

so this is me,cap in hand calling on all your resources to impart some wisdom:)

never in a gym in mylife but have fairly big build-broad shouldered,muscular(ish) legs and arms..huge gut though!!!
    i know ineed to cut the gargle....
    but i think it was edison who said ... i havent failed a thousand times
    i've just found a thousand ways of doing it differently..

Height:5'11
    Weight:21 stone
    Male/ Female: male
    Activity level per week:
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active-walk everywhere
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies:[/quote]

no allergies,love all food(thats the problem methinks)
    i also smoke 20-25 a day

if i get the job and the bike i hope to be cycling approx 20 miles a day...that should do it:eek::eek:

just find motivation tough a lot of the time..slowly but surely getting out of that mindset..

any and all help greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Hi thebullkf :) After I started asking people to provide those details it quickly became apparent that the same rules would apply to many (most?) people. That is, the same "healthy eating" parameters will apply to the maojirty of people looking to lose fat/ be in better shape. There will always be some who have special considerations (diabetes, coeliacs, allergy sufferers etc.) but by and large it's a one-size (with a bit of modification ;) ) fits all. At 5'11" and nearly 300lb I imagine you have quite a big, solid frame but as you say the excess that you inevitably have will be seen on your belly.

Also, at 32, your metabolism will be slowing slightly which means you'll need to both watch your cal intake and make more of an effort to exercise to keep your lean mass up and your calorie output up - cycling is a great way to do that!

Your maintenance calories are around 300cals per day, and for fat loss you can reduce that by about 10-15% which works out to around 2550 - 2700 cals per day.

Read through the Nutrition Sticky for ideas on how to plan your meals but the followign basics will get you off to a good start:

- try and eat protein with most/ all meals (meat/ dairy/ nuts/ seeds)
    - lots and lots of vegetables and some fruit
    - while you're out of work, use the extra time to experiemnt with some new recipes: invest in tupperware and get used to making big meals and splitting them into 3 or 4 smaller protions to bring with you.
    thebullkf wrote:
    and i remember myold maths teacher telling me the fundamentals of solving a problem; understanding the problem.
    finding a solution
    workingto resolve the problem...
    Bingo. Read the stickies and forulate the solution - all the tools you need are there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭thebullkf

g'em wrote: »
    Hi thebullkf :) After I started asking people to provide those details it quickly became apparent that the same rules would apply to many (most?) people. That is, the same "healthy eating" parameters will apply to the maojirty of people looking to lose fat/ be in better shape. There will always be some who have special considerations (diabetes, coeliacs, allergy sufferers etc.) but by and large it's a one-size (with a bit of modification ;) ) fits all. At 5'11" and nearly 300lb I imagine you have quite a big, solid frame but as you say the excess that you inevitably have will be seen on your belly.

Also, at 32, your metabolism will be slowing slightly which means you'll need to both watch your cal intake and make more of an effort to exercise to keep your lean mass up and your calorie output up - cycling is a great way to do that!

Your maintenance calories are around 300cals per day, and for fat loss you can reduce that by about 10-15% which works out to around 2550 - 2700 cals per day.

Read through the Nutrition Sticky for ideas on how to plan your meals but the followign basics will get you off to a good start:

- try and eat protein with most/ all meals (meat/ dairy/ nuts/ seeds)
    - lots and lots of vegetables and some fruit
    - while you're out of work, use the extra time to experiemnt with some new recipes: invest in tupperware and get used to making big meals and splitting them into 3 or 4 smaller protions to bring with you.

Bingo. Read the stickies and forulate the solution - all the tools you need are there :)

thanks g'em
    mucho abrigado ;)
    now i'm a man of leisure its the ideal time to do something about it.
    on a side note

was offered another interview this morning...

christ its either a feast or a famine (! arf arf )

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leighma

Hi g'em, have been reading this thread from the beginning as i have just started cs and although i am losing the weight i totally agree with the eating healthy option but i really didnt know just where to start but now after reading your advice to others on meal structure i am going to ditch the cs and start over.
    my one problem is an under active thyroid although i am on medication for this but occasionally forget it.
    anyway could you please give me some advice as to what i should eat and what my calorie intake should be.

Height: 5ft5
    Weight: 193.6llbs
    Male/ Female: female
    Activity level per week: 2 to 3 depending on how busy i am
    1 = sedentary
    2 = mildly active
    3 = moderately active
    4 = highly active
    Particular Food Dislikes or Allergies:
    I enjoy all veg and will try anything

Hi Guys... im very bad at posting, I never get a minute!
    anyway, just in reply to the longevity of the CS results... think i am doing it about 5 months now... i had been in and out of the country and really busy for the last month and I wasnt really doing the shakes, or keeping an eye on my weight, but i suppose its instintive now not to overdo it anymore! in a few weeks i didnt put a single pound back on, I just stayed the same! :)
    delighted with that, i just started back this week and have lost a pound so far! have to say, i cheat a bit but it ~(you have to live!!) :rolleyes: but if you try stick to it most of the time it works anyway, have to say im very happy with CS, has definately exceeded my expectations anyway.....

It def takes time and its not a quick fix, but if your determined it totally helps you on your way! stone and half lost so far... well on my way to 9stone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Meathfan

I did the CS diet before....Lost a stone in 2 weeks(which was the plan) went on holidays...put most of it back on(as you would)..

Today I am starting it again....my trick...shake,fruit,shake,fruit, proper Dinner..

Only drink a little Corr's lite or a glass of wine.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

As per the Charter reform the discussion of pharmaceutical weight-loss aids is no longer permitted on the Forum.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement