Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

IPTV subscription?

• 27-06-2017 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just ordered a MAG256.

For watching 'normal' channels (UK / IRL / anything extra), approx 30 - 50 channels, what do people recommend? Not too much into Movies as I use Kodi for that, mainly general / news channels (not into sport / movies)

Ideally something I could pay monthly for.

Many thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,542 ✭✭✭dubrov

Why wouldn't you just install a dish and aerial and get the "normal" uk and irish channels legitimately for free?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

dubrov wrote: »
    Why wouldn't you just install a dish and aerial and get the "normal" uk and irish channels legitimately for free?

Not possible in this building - you think I wouldn't have otherwise?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Nothing illegal, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Jury still seems to be out on this provider

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057743284

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Little Bubbles

I just got mine installed. Iptv present. Going good so far. Far more channels than I need. When football starts is when it will pay for its self.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sportzstar

Does anyone else have an issue with it freezing for a few seconds or taking a while to get going when you turn it on?

I've have it running off a zgemma in our sun room. There's a home plug in there and we get download speeds of 70mb-100mb, we're very close to the cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭homingbird

Vodaphone is giving you the skysports package free if you take there pay as you student mobile deal for 20 euro find out more on bargain alerts on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

I think we should close this thread so icdg has something to do. As moderation goes this is not very good moderation. In fact this is simply intolerance.

Hastenadd banned for 48 hours. I'm not sure where that comment came from in the context of this thread, but it is not allowed in any Boards.ie thread to post on the topic of questioning moderation decisions.

IPTV is not illegal per se. But providers must have the required licenses to supply channels.

icdg wrote: »
    Hastenadd banned for 48 hours. I'm not sure where that comment came from in the context of this thread, but it is not allowed in any Boards.ie thread to post on the topic of questioning moderation decisions.

IPTV is not illegal per se. But providers must have the required licenses to supply channels.

Probably here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104169552&postcount=17

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 EndKore

Where did you get the Mag ? I have been longing for cheap ones for awhile now.

I do apologize for the frustration element to my comment. I am not here to promote illegal IPTV, neither am I here to say, whether or not, I am using a legal or illegal IPTV service. I simply posted a question and hoped for a response to a question. So if I have blur on IPTV channels I don't expect the Spanish Inquisition on my IPTV provider. I was just looking for folks who might have witnessed similar and how they might or might not have got over the problem. Its tenuous how you phrase yourself as to how rules can be met or broken. Obviously I didn't want to break rules so what I said I thought was inside the rules. I find this forum first tries to identify users, who may or may not, be using a service that legally could be challenged rather than help with a technical question. And I wonder must everyone be identified as to who they are, what type of system they use before advice will be provided. I was just hoping that folks would provide their experience with IPTV and best TV settings. As it happens my TV is a 40pfl8605. Thanks and once again apologies for showing frustration

Hastentoadd,

When a thread has been closed you cannot go and hijack another unrelated thread to reply to the closed one, or to question/discuss moderation for that matter.

Discussion of moderation is forbidden throughout Boards. That is not a local rule for this forum or the Cable and Digital forums.

This thread must now return to its original topic.

Hastentoadd warned.

If any user replies to this post this thread will be closed and the OP can try again.

If Hastentoadd is the one to reply to this post, he takes a seven day ban with no further warning and the next one will be a permanent ban.

Back on topic

@JohnCleary

I wondered how you got on with that Mag256 ....... is it doing what you hoped?
    Positive comments?
    Any negative comments?

While I have not used a MAG256 I do have an interest in all the various boxes available. Personally I use a Zgemma i55. And there is good reason behind that. The difference between the MAG and the Zgemma is that the Zgemma is an Enigma2 box running on Linux while the Mag box is a closed source box. So if you want a box with no headaches and no gimmicks then the MAG is for you. As the Ronseal add says it does exactly what it says on the tin. But if you are computer literate then the Zgemma i55 is really good. My one negative about the box is a crap TV remote control. But then I bought a proper remote (the Zgemma H2S remote works on the i55) and now you have a quality box. Also you can load IPTVPlayer to stream movies and series (something the MAG does not support). So I would recommend the i55 over the MAG. Its a little bit more expensive but its a very adaptable little gizmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Schwanz

I have a Mag 254 and works without hitch. Obviously can't get into the finer aspects of the service running on it but as a box in itself - it's a genuine piece of quality that gives me zero problems.

I have IPTV on enigma 2 too but is no where near as good as that on the Mag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 corkyog

Google Infomer uk

corkyog wrote: »
    Google Infomer uk

Huh?

Schwanz wrote: »
    I have a Mag 254 and works without hitch. Obviously can't get into the finer aspects of the service running on it but as a box in itself - it's a genuine piece of quality that gives me zero problems.

I have IPTV on enigma 2 too but is no where near as good as that on the Mag.
    And here we are comparing one box over another, but can you say in what aspects the MAG is better than the ZGEMMA. I really would be interested to know as I have never owned a MAG box. All I see is the flexibility of an Enigma2 box over a closed source MAG box. I would be hugely interested if you said that the motion sickness on Enigma2 IPTV is not the case on the MAG box. Obviously films and series are perfect but live sport TV. I would be interested to know if there was any difference

Huh?

Yeah look I don't know what that newly registered poster intended there. Old Mutual Wealth and betting sites are the top hits. If he doesn't come back I won't worry further

The rest of you, while I don't mind hardware discussion here, I am seeing mentions of sports and films. I don't want to see that again, there's nothing illegal about this hardware, but the second it moves into discussing piracy it has to stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

Surely corky meant "infomir"

Paulmc. wrote: »
    Surely corky meant "infomir"

You could be right .....

http://www.infomir.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paulmc.

lol I didn't wanna go posting links cause I'm still a noob on here lol

Paulmc. wrote: »
    lol I didn't wanna go posting links cause I'm still a noob on here lol

Just goes to show that spelling is important :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Staplor

Looking into a MAG 256, is there decent HD content available?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Staplor wrote: »
    Looking into a MAG 256, is there decent HD content available?

I don't use mine anymore as I moved a week after purchasing and now have Virgin.

Mod Edit: deleted

Not the place for buying and selling, please

Advertisement