Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Microsoft Office 365 Home

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Thanks however it is not available for shipping to ROI

Get the digital download. Set your address to a UK address such as Parcel Motel. All you are looking for is the key which Amazon will provide. Then go and register on Office 365 or whatever the link is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Thanks however it is not available for shipping to ROI

i got the physical box last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

I've bought mine before from Digital Licence NL with no issues

Cheap from Argos - €49.99. Not sure is the virus software a separate box/key

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8837505/Trail/searchtext%3EOffice+365.htm

Also now I think it's 6 users with the primary user getting 2TB of cloud storage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭leptonite

Hmmm, I pay €99 a year to MS, 6 home users each with 1tb storage. Can I just buy this instead?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

leptonite wrote: »
    Hmmm, I pay €99 a year to MS, 6 home users each with 1tb storage. Can I just buy this instead?

Yes, you just ad the product key on your online account. Should push out the date by 12 months.

leptonite wrote: »

I would assume its the same thing you buy from MS. I usually buy similar to these when they are £50 on Amazon. I have them stacked also so I'm licensed until November 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

I pay a tenner a month from my phone credit for this. 6 accounts with 1TB storage each.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,889 ✭✭✭clint_silver

you know the way as per other bargain alerts, use TOR or a vpn, and logon to argentina or turkey you can get youtube premium for about €2 a month and netflix for about €6 a month

I renewed my onedrive account with microsoft in argentina last month. €37 euro for a year. 1 terabyte of storage. You get full microsoft office download with it. The full pack.

I used tor, go to this link, have to sign up in spanish, if you change the site below to english, it gives you the dollar price of 69.99

https://onedrive.live.com/about/es-ar/plans/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

SachaJ wrote: »

I just bought the home for 6 users 2 weeks ago from amazon de

Can i now buy this one from argos and stack it up on my current?

in2dark wrote: »
    I just bought the home for 6 users 2 weeks ago from amazon de

Can i now buy this one from argos and stack it up on my current?

That is my intention anyway. I assume it comes with a product key.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭893bet

Bought a code on amazon last year for a tenner.

Still working!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

What is wrong with product keys from the likes of eBay?

I have 365 via work, but I know on the Lenovo thread, lots of people were championing the eBay route?

Am I missing something obvious? Asking as I was intending on getting one for my parents laptop.

McMurphy wrote: »
    What is wrong with product keys from the likes of eBay?

I have 365 via work, but I know on the Lenovo thread, lots of people were championing the eBay route?

Am I missing something obvious? Asking as I was intending on getting one for my parents laptop.

My understanding is that the ebay keys are volume licensing. So you are dependent on whoever owns the volume license renewing or you could lose it.

In my case I get 6 licenses for about €50 a year or €4 a month. Members of my family are using the licenses so its a small price to pay to keep it legit. I'd have a pain in my arse if any of the licenses expired. I was paying Dropbox €10 a month so this works out much cheaper and includes genuine MS Office licenses.

My understanding is that the ebay keys are volume licensing. So you are dependent on whoever owns the volume license renewing or you could lose it.

In my case I get 6 licenses for about €50 a year or €4 a month. Members of my family are using the licenses so its a small price to pay to keep it legit. I'd have a pain in my arse if any of the licenses expired. I was paying Dropbox €10 a month so this works out much cheaper and includes genuine MS Office licenses.

Makes a lot of sense when you put it like that, I'm guessing if you had a lot of data saved to the ms cloud, and the license wasn't renewed, you're at risk of losing it all.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Even if you never use Office, Office 365 is great value just for OneDrive. 1TB cloud storage for 6 people for €100 is great value. Even better if you can get it cheaper.

Even if you never use Office, Office 365 is great value just for OneDrive. 1TB cloud storage for 6 people for €100 is great value. Even better if you can get it cheaper.

I believe the main account holder now gets 2TB while the other 5 accounts get 1TB.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

For anyone using Microsoft 365 from work, it may not work much longer across other Windows accounts on the PC, at least from my experience. I have a separate Windows logon for my workplace and since installing Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) a few years back, I have been able to use Word, Excel, etc. from my personal Windows log on account.

As of a few days ago, when I launch Word on my own Windows account, it started displaying a notice to confirm my account. If I click Next, it says that this account does not have Office and gives the option to buy a subscription. When I close this, Word says it hasn't been activated and that on Friday, 31 July 2020, most features of Word will be disabled. On my Workplace Windows account, everything appears fine in Word, Excel, etc. even under File -> Account.

So when Amazon, Argos, etc. started this deal a few days ago, it looks like Microsoft is trying to entice those affected on to a subscription for personal use before they soon look for alternatives.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭swampy353

editorsean wrote: »
    For anyone using Microsoft 365 from work, it may not work much longer across other Windows accounts on the PC, at least from my experience. I have a separate Windows logon for my workplace and since installing Office 365 (now Microsoft 365) a few years back, I have been able to use Word, Excel, etc. from my personal Windows log on account.

As of a few days ago, when I launch Word on my own Windows account, it started displaying a notice to confirm my account. If I click Next, it says that this account does not have Office and gives the option to buy a subscription. When I close this, Word says it hasn't been activated and that on Friday, 31 July 2020, most features of Word will be disabled. On my Workplace Windows account, everything appears fine in Word, Excel, etc. even under File -> Account.

So when Amazon, Argos, etc. started this deal a few days ago, it looks like Microsoft is trying to entice those affected on to a subscription for personal use before they soon look for alternatives.
    You dont have to use the same login for windows and ms365. On my personal PC, i login to windows using my MS account address and then logged into ms365 using my work address.
    It could be something that the admin in work has deactivated on their 365 sub, but my personal experience is different from yours

That is my intention anyway. I assume it comes with a product key.

Did you try it? Did it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

slave1 wrote: »
    Ebay guys, with multiple install licences

Generally illegal licences which can be shut down any time

OU812 wrote: »
    Generally illegal licences which can be shut down any time

I think this was suggested over on the Lenovo thread, and was roundly dismissed at the time.

Not illegal at all if my memory is serving me correctly, more to do with bulk buying of licenses from within organisations, be they education/businesses etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

swampy353 wrote: »
    You dont have to use the same login for windows and ms365. On my personal PC, i login to windows using my MS account address and then logged into ms365 using my work address.
    It could be something that the admin in work has deactivated on their 365 sub, but my personal experience is different from yours
    That seems to work. When I signed in with my work e-mail address and the 2FA challenge, the activation notice disappeared. I then toggled to my personal Microsoft account to see my files instead of my workplace's recent Sharepoint content.

As I don't share my PC, this is not an issue, but certainly would not recommend anyone trying this with kids Windows logon accounts. I did try signing out to see whether it reains the activation even temporarily, but the moment I sign out of my work e-mail address, Word deactivated, so had to sign back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

I think this was suggested over on the Lenovo thread, and was roundly dismissed at the time.

Not illegal at all if my memory is serving me correctly, more to do with bulk buying of licenses from within organisations, be they education/businesses etc.

I bought one before to see what it’s like (now subscribe myself) and the OneDrive email address was some college in Spain and all the user details on docs created had the same college details in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭shanec1928

It is it’s against the t/c’s you sign when you (the org where the licenses are originate from) sign up an enterprise agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭sioda

Thanks for that my subscription was literally running out today. In use this primarily for the one drive back up office is a bonus

sioda wrote: »
    Thanks for that my subscription was literally running out today. In use this primarily for the one drive back up office is a bonus

No more on offer price :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,077 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

in2dark wrote: »
    No more on offer price :-(

If you reserved it at €50 will they honour it today?

Advertisement