Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rainfall warnings and possible widespread thunderstorms Fri 19 July 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Violent, but much needed downpour in Tuam. Totals really toting up.

Edit: Rain rate now passed 200mm/ph. Lighting getting more frequent. Some big forks. Insane rain!

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 31,813 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You could feel the boiling in the air earlier in Tuam. It is absolutely belting it down now.

This rain in incredible, 20.1 mm already.

Edit: make that 25mm.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was up in the homeplace today, seneschalstown in meath, we got absolutely lashed out of it, never seen rain like it, roads are flooded in places, long rumbles of thunder, lots of lightening

Back at my house now and we're getting a repeat of what was up in the homeplace apart from the rain is alot heavier.

Sky seems to be brightening from the south, could be near over in the next 30mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

After getting wet and windy here near Tralee this evening. Wonder if the trough moving in over Kerry could get a lift over the land and become unstable enough to produce some sparks.

EDIT: looking through the charts probably no more lightning here in Kerry today.

Thank f*£k

• Advertisement

Rain easing up now but some real 'strobe' effect lightning. Thunder sounds very boomy and high based.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Still firing.

G0SXGQa.png

• Registered Users Posts: 37 YeaYeaSure

Very little rain here all day since 9am in West Limerick. Rained very heavily last night . Actually got a little sunburned working on a roof in the afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Swellan

Rain easing up in Cavan town now. All the action heading Northeast

19:38-- update. 4 lightning strikes in last 2 minutes. No rain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

This morning and afternoons lightning.

8jPpeRB.png

• Advertisement

Sitting in my room here watching some nice, if increasingly infrequent crawlers to my north. Resulting thunder getting more distant sounding.

I think it was on this day 2 or 3 years ago we had a similar storm on this very day (July 19th) but it occurred during the nightime hours instead.

New Moon

Belting down rain here in Tralee and very windy up to 63km/h

Bucketing down again here in meath, unreal rain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

Yep round 2 here near Trim! It’s mad, I’m standing outside (in shelter!) and although the whole sky looks exactly the same, dark clouds all around, the rain just goes into mad crazy bursts of lashing, then easing, then absolutely lashing again, but I can’t see how as cloud doesn’t look different! If that makes sense! :P

Thunder and lightning seem to be getting closer again. Lightning has an orange tinge about it.

New Moon

Could really do with the rain stopping now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Interesting 'pulsing' returns on the radar, really shows how unstable the atmosphere is in the Midlands with huge changes frame to frame.

Plenty rain here all evening but nothing interesting, just plain old light/moderate stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 19,377 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Will we see anything in the south east? Specifically Laois Kilkenny Carlow triangle?

Rain eased considerably here in meath, but still thunder and lightening

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Thunder to the east of Castlebar now. Towards claremorris

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,548 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Got a little windier here in Dublin (which is welcome) but no sign of any rain or thunder...

...and to think I cancelled a bbq at my place this evening over this forecast - grrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Swellan

Feels like the clouds are just circling us in Cavan

Just got a notification here telling me that 'rain will start in 30 mins'. Thing is, it's been pissing out of the heavens for the last hour. I'll say it again but that Shannon Radar, which the entire west of Ireland depends on, is totally and utterly feckin' useless.

Edit, torrential rain again with low vis.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭pauldry

2.4mm of rain so far today in Sligo. Look at radar and see our charmed life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭pad199207

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Just got a notification here telling me that 'rain will start in 30 mins'. Thing is, it's been pissing out of the heavens for the last hour. I'll say it again but that Shannon Radar, which the entire west of Ireland depends on, is totally and utterly feckin' useless.

Edit, torrential rain again with low vis.

Have you no Gauge to measure all this rain?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Heavy rain in South Sligo now.

Bit of a heatwave due next week so this rain will be needed as long as it doesn't cause any localised flooding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Monsoon rain in Galway City

• Registered Users Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭pauldry

34mm of rain showing in Claremorris....this HOUR

• Registered Users Posts: 12,344 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Absolutely bucketing in Salthill here too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Amazing summer evening in DUB airport, everything passed to the north of us. Would have preferred the show but 2nd best will do.

Advertisement