Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arcade Fire - Mega Superthread. All gig/new album discussion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

The rumour seems to be early December.
    The O2 for an Irish date is it? Wonder will it be the same in London....

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Just had a first listen there. This is a very rough first impression, but so far it seems to start off extremely well (first 5-6 songs), become a wee bit duller in the middle, and then ends extremely well.

Will have a few proper listens over the next day or two!

I'm on about listen no. 20 now and I have to disagree. I think the albums strongest songs are in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

If anyone's interested, there's a complete guitar tab of the whole album (that was quick!) available here-

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/a/arcade_fire/the_suburbs_album_crd.htm

There can't be more than six chords right the way through the album, very straightforward to play everything.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've decided I'm going to stay up for the stream.

Might regret it around four A.M., but I really want to hear Sprawl II performed as live as I can get right now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 bigguy086

the album is brilliant.
    something thats annoying me though that someone might be able to tell me the answer. i got a "leak" last week and the leak was obviously terrible as it had the zane lowe preview of we used to wait on it and the first two tracks from funeral on it. there is a few other songs on it though that are actually not bad but ive no idea what they are. here is one of them in lyrics

Meet me down by the river
    Meet me down by the river
    Meet me down there
    Don’t matter which river
    Don’t matter which river
    They’re all going somewhere
    Just as long as you’re looking for me
    I can be a good friend
    And I can be a good lover
    I can be a good lover
    But I can’t do both of them
    No I can’t do both
    Come stand in the water
    Come stand in the water
    Tell me that you don’t care
    Shaking and shivering
    Time is making jokes at my expense
    Dancing in the river bend

downloaded off itunes today and im loving it. just another reason why piracy wrecks my head is these songs appearing on this leak and ive no idea what they are haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

One of the fake leaks circulating was by a band called Wildlife, maybe give them a bash?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

Totally psyched about a this performance tonight! Well morning I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Think ill stay up now, my sleeping pattern is well and truly fcuked anyway :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Terry Gilliam ey? Impressive!

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

I love this album, not too fond of City With No Children or Half Light II but otherwise I think it's great! Sprawl II is particularly amazing - they've achieved a great mix of their usual style and a more electronic, rhythmic, synth-infused sound, just as successfully as the way they mixed rich, orchestral parts with distorted, overdriven guitars on Funeral.

Month of May is brilliant, too. Love these lyrics;

"So young, so young
    So much pain for someone so young, well
    I know it's heavy, I know it ain't light
    But how you gonna lift it with your arms folded tight?"

• Advertisement

Stream crappy for anyone else, sound keeps going loud then quiet again.
    Setlist so far:
    1-Ready to start
    2-Laika

iMuse wrote: »
    Stream crappy for anyone else, sound keeps going loud then quiet again.
    Setlist so far:
    1-Ready to start
    2-Laika

Yeah it's fluxing a bit - not a lot, but the occasional loud to quiet jump.
    Owen Pallett = win.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Holy random volume changes Batman. The bitrate is switching at will.

Stream has settled down a bit, but still patchy. Goddammit.

Fairly solid here after a dodgy start.

Kick ass concert though. Glad to see so many members on the stage, giving the songs a very strong kick. Crown of Love sounded spectacular.

Superb gig guys, definitely worth checking up when the sensible ones amongst you wake up :)

Great gig, worth staying up for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Yup definitely worth checking out, cant get enough of them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭MrSir

Wish I was there it was a great show.

I love those guys.

I uh, may have mentioned that before though. Sprawl II false start was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

That was the most fúcking monumentally brilliant thing ever. As I said in the AH thread, I was welling up by the end. Utterly fantastic. And every one of the new tracks sounded 100% better live.

Beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

My Opinon on a few of the Suburb songs has changed after that, mainly Month of May, how nuts was that!

Well worth staying up for.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

If anyone has spotted a nice HQ downloadable rip somewhere, would they please post it?

Doubt it's against the rules since it streamed live anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,348 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

They played Sprawl II? Bah, why didn't they have that in their set a few weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 bigguy086

One of the fake leaks circulating was by a band called Wildlife, maybe give them a bash?

cheers pal thats them. some good tunes would you agree. how in the hell did they get their stuff on to that leak. thats marketing genius :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Coming from a night out to see that was amazing. With the lights off in the room, it was almost as if I was there. Almost. Best concert I've never been to!

I think this is alright, but it not, Mods just holler.

MP3 from last night's show:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rehwd71qqq4pqn3

I will warn though, I've heard a load of Arcade Fire live bootlegs, and they always ruin the studio versions for me. Big, live loudness FTW.

Kudos jill..

Is that a fan bootleg (recording from the crowd) or capture of the audio stream from YouTube?

The latter would obviously be MUCH better.

EDIT: I think that rip is from the night before last.. notice the date: 2010-08-04 Madison Square Garden, New York, NY.zip

Actually, I'm just listening to it now, you're right. Somebody chucked me the link, so I passed it on without checking. My bad, I'm just home from work and I'm half braindead.

In the meantime, Vevo have started uploading bits and pieces. I think they did about three songs a day, for a couple of days, after The National show, so I presume it's gonna follow that pattern.

Terry Gilliam intro:

Some songs.

• Advertisement

No worries Jill... always useful to have a bootleg anyways.

Hope they put the videos up on the YouTube channel alright.. I'm saving the HD videos as they go up anyways. If they keep on going, I'll merge them and watch them on my WDTV at the end of it. And I'll strip the audio out for my iPod.

If anyone wants videos of what's up so far:

Ready To Start
    Rococo
    Empty Room

Pre-Show Behind the Scenes
    Twitter Interview, Pt 1
    Twitter Interview, Pt 2
    Twitter Interview, Pt 3
    Twitter Interview, Pt 4

Was due a visit to my brother, sister-in-law and my niece and nephew in Lisbon this year. So decided to visit them on November 18th - November 22nd (no reason why I choose those dates obviously)! ;)

Advertisement