Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The glade, old grange wood monstarevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Aaron15

Anyone else having flush issues. Toilet downstairs just randomly fills or flushes through out the day. It's so annoying. Plumbers were in but just dismissive of it. Head plumber seems nice but some of the guys working for him need to work on their personalities

What do you mean it flushes throughout the day? I had a problem with it filling, only happened for 5 mins I flushed again and it hasn't happened since

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MiMi1111

Eimers8718 wrote: »
    So Vodafone were due to call to us yesterday...no one showed up or called. When we eventually got through to someone (after numerous attempts) they told us it wouldn’t be available until 8th March yet if I ring as a new customer they are still tell me its available - no one can give is an answer!!!
    Has anyone considered Three Broadband?? Not sure of the coverage as we both are with Vodafone.

Same thing happened us I am fuming my husband took today off to wait on a Vodafone engineer who did not show up. I rang them and they told me the appointment was cancelled due to a problem In the area so they cancel the appointment but yet they fail to inform us . That is not good enough I am sending in a complaint

MiMi1111 wrote: »
    Same thing happened us I am fuming my husband took today off to wait on a Vodafone engineer who did not show up. I rang them and they told me the appointment was cancelled due to a problem In the area so they cancel the appointment but yet they fail to inform us . That is not good enough I am sending in a complaint
    Laurie text me during the week to say someone from EIR was in the estate and they're gonna rectify the problem, it's just a case of someone flicking a switch to activate the fibre to the home, so we will see what happens with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭line_of_fire

Aaron15 wrote: »
    Laurie text me during the week to say someone from EIR was in the estate and they're gonna rectify the problem, it's just a case of someone flicking a switch to activate the fibre to the home, so we will see what happens with that.

She told me that during the week alright too but again I wouldn't hold my breath until it happens. I got the 3 one and signed up for contract cos suits me anyway. In another note any if ye have water pressure issues??

She told me that during the week alright too but again I wouldn't hold my breath until it happens. I got the 3 one and signed up for contract cos suits me anyway. In another note any if ye have water pressure issues??

Yeah the pressure from the sink taps aren't great, shower is fine and so is the bath. Downstairs sink in the kitchen is fine, but all bathroom sink taps have low pressure, I've heard that's a problem with monasterevin as a whole .

• Advertisement

My shower pressure is only ok. Did mention it to the plumber and response was " it's coming from the tank, what do you expect. It's not a power shower".

My shower pressure is only ok. Did mention it to the plumber and response was " it's coming from the tank, what do you expect. It's not a power shower".

The one in your ensuite? It is a power shower.

The one in your ensuite? It is a power shower.

It's an electric shower but not a power one. I might get an outside plumber in and have a look as I have found one on site very unhelpful

It's an electric shower but not a power one. I might get an outside plumber in and have a look as I have found one on site very unhelpful

Ours is powerful enough, I know there was Someone on here giving out about the pressure a while back. How are you finding everything else ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Anyone else having flush issues. Toilet downstairs just randomly fills or flushes through out the day. It's so annoying. Plumbers were in but just dismissive of it. Head plumber seems nice but some of the guys working for him need to work on their personalities

Take the cistern lid off & see if that makes a difference. If it does it probably means the 2 rods are hitting the flushing plates

• Advertisement

tradesman wrote: »
    Take the cistern lid off & see if that makes a difference. If it does it probably means the 2 rods are hitting the flushing plates

Thanks for that. Tried that and still flushing of it's own accord every 20mins or so

Anyone any joy with internet yet? Losing my mind at this rate

Quick question do people have a temperature regulator on the rad in the master bedroom.. I have it on all rads in other bedrooms bathrooms etc but not master.

Quick question do people have a temperature regulator on the rad in the master bedroom.. I have it on all rads in other bedrooms bathrooms etc but not master.

Good question, was wondering this myself, no I've no regulator on the rad in the master bedroom

Good question, was wondering this myself, no I've no regulator on the rad in the master bedroom

Yeah it's weird alright was wondering if it was just me. I have seen the plumbers in action so wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't bother in a house or two

Yeah it's weird alright was wondering if it was just me. I have seen the plumbers in action so wouldn't be surprised if they just didn't bother in a house or two

Here's a question, how do you open the sky light in the kitchen?

Here's a question, how do you open the sky light in the kitchen?

I have never opened it but there is handle in it to do it. Would have to cos up on counter to do it tho

I have never opened it but there is handle in it to do it. Would have to cos up on counter to do it tho

That's what I mean, they hardly expect people to do that, surely there's some sort of a pole to use

That's what I mean, they hardly expect people to do that, surely there's some sort of a pole to use

Ha ha nothing would surprise me with them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Grali87

Any update on the broadband? I should get keys next week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ali2212

Can anyone recommend someone reliable for snagging please

Ali2212 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend someone reliable for snagging please

<snip>

Grali87 wrote: »
    <snip>

Can you send via pm please, if you know someone

Any update on the broadband? I should get keys next week

Has anyone any update yet? Anyone got any internet installed? Tv license inspector was around, so heads up if he hasn't got to you yet.

Has anyone any update yet? Anyone got any internet installed? Tv license inspector was around, so heads up if he hasn't got to you yet.

I just moved in yesterday, got a three modem on the 40 day contract today, still have to set it up.

Will do for a few months until the actual broadband is sorted

I just moved in yesterday, got a three modem on the 40 day contract today, still have to set it up.

Will do for a few months until the actual broadband is sorted

I have the same, does the job. What you think if the house? Happy?

Can anyone recommend an alarm provider?

Also any update on the broadband

Can you please tell me if the painter painted your handrail on the stairs in white.. I'm fuming he painted ours.. I was under the impression the handrail was to be left wooden.

Can you please tell me if the painter painted your handrail on the stairs in white.. I'm fuming he painted ours.. I was under the impression the handrail was to be left wooden.

I thought the same but no they are all painted. But they leave the sconces unfinished which is really odd

• Advertisement

They painted our hand rail , but left the ball at the hand rail wooden

Advertisement