Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaffDaff

NC99 wrote: »
    Hi,

We just went to check, it's a concerning matter for 4 bed ones it seems. The 3 bed seemed OK with electricity in place. They have diverted the road in front of the 4 bed ones. We'll go and check again in half an hour and I'll try to update if we get something out of them.

Thanks for confirming the 3 beds are ok.... phew! Are the lights on in the three beds? I ask because you said the electricity is in place.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    There's plenty of fabric in the form of insulation between all the walls and especially in the roof/attic space.

Yeah but I would have expected that to be somewhat fire resistant in this day and age with all the regulations or it to be put out quicker at least. I don't know anything about fires and hope to never find out but I hope we find out the cause to put our minds at ease for our own houses

• Registered Users Posts: 14 NC99

DaffDaff wrote: »
    Thanks for confirming the 3 beds are ok.... phew! Are the lights on in the three beds? I ask because you said the electricity is in place.

Yeah, the electricity is in place for a few of the 3 bed houses (including ours). It's not in place for the entire row though. So I think maybe another few days for them. I think it was 14 to 20 numbers where I could see the bulb outside the door on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DaffDaff

Yeah, the electricity is in place for a few of the 3 bed houses (including ours). It's not in place for the entire row though. So I think maybe another few days for them. I think it was 14 to 20 numbers where I could see the bulb outside the door on.

Great! Hopefully we’ll be called for snagging soon even though the fire may delay the process.

DaffDaff wrote: »
    Great! Hopefully we’ll be called for snagging soon even though the fire may delay the process.

*fingers crossed*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 LCBE

Are any of those currently in the process of buying or those who have recently bought interested in querying with Ballymore the details surrounding the fire????
    1. How did the fire start? Was there a fault with something permanently installed in the house i.e. the electrical installation? Or was is something specifically related to construction activities?
    2. How did the structure and the passive fire prevention (fire stopping in cavities etc) installed in the house deal with the fire? Did the party wall (separating wall) remain effective for the required period (usually 60minutes)?
    3. Are Ballymore carrying out a review? Will they make a review available to buyers / owners?
    Do DCC Fire Brigade carry out an investigation? Are these made available to the public?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pokas

Hi all,

We were just contacted by Ballymore to inform that we can snag from tomorrow.

If you haven't received their email yet, be ready to do so soon enough. I was expecting 1 week noticed and got 2 days. Good thing I already had a snagger with my name on the list.

Hi everyone,

We just finished up our snagging for 3 bed Ash for last phase and we are happy with the construction. The only thing I am concerned about is the family bathroom shower area. It seems wayy too smaller than what we saw in showhouse.
    Unfortunately, we don't have the measurements for that shower area. Can somebody help me with it if they have showhouse measurements? Or else where can I find that exact measurement?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Pokas

Hi everyone,

We just finished up our snagging for 3 bed Ash for last phase and we are happy with the construction. The only thing I am concerned about is the family bathroom shower area. It seems wayy too smaller than what we saw in showhouse.
    Unfortunately, we don't have the measurements for that shower area. Can somebody help me with it if they have showhouse measurements? Or else where can I find that exact measurement?

Thanks!

Hi NC99,

We met today! :)
    The showroom was open this saturday since they are still trying to sell it. Joe did mention it but I really don't remember the size of the one in the Showroom. But I do agree with you, it's way too small...

Pokas wrote: »
    Hi NC99,

We met today! :)
    The showroom was open this saturday since they are still trying to sell it. Joe did mention it but I really don't remember the size of the one in the Showroom. But I do agree with you, it's way too small...

Hey Pokas,

It was nice meeting you. I really hope I can get exact measurement from someone here today who was smart to take it during viewings. I am definite there's some considerable difference.
    I'll contact Jason or Ballymore if that's the case.

• Advertisement

Is anyone else's Cablewatch broadband not working for the past few hours? I rebooted the modem but it's still down

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

Hey Pokas,

It was nice meeting you. I really hope I can get exact measurement from someone here today who was smart to take it during viewings. I am definite there's some considerable difference.
    I'll contact Jason or Ballymore if that's the case.

I don't have the measurements, but it is smaller than what was in the showhouse. I don't see what help contacting Jason will do. Its too late to make such a major change, and I'm afraid they aren't contracted to have the exact same specs as the showhouse for individual rooms

Forumsie wrote: »
    Is anyone else's Cablewatch broadband not working for the past few hours? I rebooted the modem but it's still down

No I haven't had any issues with it at all this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 5 insdami

I’m having issues at the moment, yesterday it was my first day with cablewatch. Have you had issues in the past? They said I might lose connection but for a very short period due to ongoing construction works

-- EDIT
    I got an email from cablewatch:
    Apologies for the interruption to your service. This has been caused by a general outage in your area which our technical team are currently working on to resolve as quickly as possible.

I spoke too soon! Ours went down last night at about 11

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    I don't have the measurements, but it is smaller than what was in the showhouse. I don't see what help contacting Jason will do. Its too late to make such a major change, and I'm afraid they aren't contracted to have the exact same specs as the showhouse for individual rooms

Maybe it's not of much help, sure, but I just need to make them aware that it's something I'm not happy about. It cannot fit in a big person, so if I need a guest to use that shower area, they'll have difficulty using it.
    I wouldn't be caring if it's just 5-7 mm, but seems like it's significant as everyone has noticed it. They are not contracted for exact measurements but they can't create something that's close to unusable. Hence, I need facts and numbers to check for myself first before talking to them.

ITT-Pat wrote: »
    I spoke too soon! Ours went down last night at about 11

We rang them this morning and they said they had guys coming out this morning. It's fixed for us now. In fairness to cablewatch, it was pretty good customer service. We spoke to a person immediately which would not have been the case with other service providers.

In answer to the question someone else had, it has gone down a couple of times in the past month - I notice if I'm working from home and lose my vpn connection. But it comes back quick enough. We're happy enough, given that we have no other options for now anyway!

If anyone sees cables being laid by Open Eir please let us know, we still plan to go with Sky for everything when it's available for better TV offerings

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

The latest update from Aldi is that the store will open in May this year.

Those who have gotten parcels delivered to yhr management suite - do you put own address down as the delivery details and leave a note saying to deliver to management suite if nobody home? Or do you enter the address as:

JOHN SMITH
    ROYAL CANAL PARK MANAGEMENT SUITE
    COMPASS COURT NORTH
    LOCK-KEEPERS WALK
    ROYAL CANAL PARK
    DUBLIN 15

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I put c/o management suite as the first line.

All of the delivery drivers are very familiar with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 KubikBlack

Experience with broadband is grand, getting speeds of around 30 or 40mbs. (On the Eir mobile broadband I was only getting 1mps so on that basis it's much improved). The Tv leaves alot to be desired but again, better than nothing. It's not the eircode that's preventing you get Sky or vodafone, it's that Eir haven't laid the cables to give you a home phone line with you need to for those other providers. And who knows when that will come. I've just signed a rolling monthly contract, around 75 euro a month I think for broadband and tv

Hey guys, we went with CableWatch right away upon moving in, and I myself recommended them to many neighbors on our street as they were really quick. However, after 1.5 months of experience I can tell I am not happy with them. I work from home often, so I am dependent on a reliable provider. 2 concerns from my side do far: 1) there were several outages ( 3-4 times) already, with me left without internet for the whole work day. Call center is absolutely useless. Fee times I couldn't get through to them at all, line always busy. The other times they have no idea what's going on and promise to open a ticket with their tech support, and then call back. Needless to say no-one is calling back. My other half spent hours on the phone for me. 2) sometimes the speed is too bad and it affects my conf calls via Teams and Skype. People say I am breaking up, I can see the messengers' notification about poor internet quality. So, I will be looking to switch as soon as there's another broadband option in the area. Rather than that, the service is good enough for entertainment (browsing, Netflix etc). Also the techs who do installations are nice and informative.

PS I am a bit late to the party with outage issues discussed already, oops)) our connection was breaking repeatedly during the day for the few weeks, like 5-8 times per day. L2 support tech has been monitoring this particular issue for several days and it seems to be fixed now. However, outages happen, and they're too often IMHO. I only hope this is due to multiple road and cable works on the street, and it'll go away as soon as all the houses and the roads are completed.

• Advertisement

insdami wrote: »
    Hey guys, has anybody installed a water softener recently?
    I've read in a couple of places that water can be a bit harder compared to other areas.

Hey Insdami, I am looking for options right now. I went with <SNIP> after extensive research, since they had good reputation and good prices around 700-1200 EUR for Clack and their higher level systems. However, on the day of installation we found out that the kitchens in Ash are too small for the standard water softener. The only option for us it to fit under the sink as this is the first point of pipes entry in the house. Double sink takes too much space inside the drawer and does not allow to fit the bulky softener system. They are now looking for a solution for me. For now, I think I will go with resin tank installed separately into the kitchen corner unit, and then the salt tank to be fitted under the sink but I need some cutting done in the sink unit bottom. The only thing that stops me now is that water pipes are laid chaotically just on the floor surface under the sink unit (not built into the floor or neatly arranged, no, just a messy pile on the floor), and I need them moved and arranged to allow some space to put salt tank on the floor. I am waiting for the water guy to tell me exact measurements on what he needs, then I will get plumber in to do it. I was told most water softeners are quite standard size, and the smallest in the range still wouldn't fit. So yet another reason among many others why I would never recommend <SNIP> to anyone.

dlen wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Great forum for the area. We've just put a 5000 euro deposit on a Hazel and are looking for a solicitor anyone used and would recommend for the next stage.
    Many thanks in advance for the pms

Hi dlen, congratulations! Exciting times :) I cannot recommend <SNIP> high enough. They're brilliant and supported our journey tremendously. They are very knowledgeable and advised us on things other solicitors didn't know, so we even helped out few neighbors. They might be a bit more expensive, but it is so worth it. We went with another firm in the very beginning and got very unlucky, as they treated me horribly with awful service. We walked away (losing some money, unfortunately) and never looked back. <SNIP> are now my go to people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Twocantim

Has anyone found their backroom (media room) to be freezing? Compared with the rest of house, seems much colder (to the point we questioned if radiator working) but plumbers are saying rad is working! Confused whether it is rad or window/cracks causing issue but interested to see if anyone else facing issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Twocantim wrote: »
    Has anyone found their backroom (media room) to be freezing? Compared with the rest of house, seems much colder (to the point we questioned if radiator working) but plumbers are saying rad is working! Confused whether it is rad or window/cracks causing issue but interested to see if anyone else facing issues?

I do find mine much colder. Same with the single bedroom above it. I think it's just the way it's been built sticking out the back of the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 amiurve

Hello Guys,
    We have recently moved in Rathbourne walk RCP and looking for few things (listed below) would be great to get your views:

1. Broadband Service provider: Vodafone/ eir said no service can be provided there and Sky said without eircode they can't confirm if its doable.
    2. Water Softener: Any suggestions?
    3. Security System: Any suggestions?

THanks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sky use openeir lines so if eir aren't connected yet they are automatically out

There are only three line operators - openeir, siro and Virgin. all other wired services use one of those

amiurve wrote: »
    Hello Guys,
    We have recently moved in Rathbourne walk RCP and looking for few things (listed below) would be great to get your views:

1. Broadband Service provider: Vodafone/ eir said no service can be provided there and Sky said without eircode they can't confirm if its doable.
    2. Water Softener: Any suggestions?
    3. Security System: Any suggestions?

THanks

I believe Cablewatch is the only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi All

I'm looking to get some patio work done in the back garden. Can anyone recommend any of the landscapers they have used. Pm me please if you have any tips.

Thanks

minkey wrote: »
    Hi All

I'm looking to get some patio work done in the back garden. Can anyone recommend any of the landscapers they have used. Pm me please if you have any tips.

Thanks

I'm also interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jjps

minkey wrote: »
    Hi All

Thanks

I’m interested too!

Advertisement