Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Government Funds Local Authority Housing Scheme

1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbo25

Has anyone else drawn down? When is the first payment due?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

robbo25 wrote: »

Payment should be received before the end of the month after they issue the cheque. If the council hasn't informed you when your repayments start, there's something dreadfully wrong :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

We haven't drawn down.....yet but we were told the 1st of every month.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 robbo25

Thanks. Wonder will I have a double payment then on 1st Dec as completed sale earlier in November and then in advance for December.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Thanks. Wonder will I have a double payment then on 1st Dec as completed sale earlier in November and then in advance for December.

You won't - if you draw down in November, the first change goes on in 1st December, and you just need to pay it by the end of the month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭raheny red

You won't - if you draw down in November, the first change goes on in 1st December, and you just need to pay it by the end of the month.

Fingal will charge you on the very day that you drawn down, can't remember the exact term for this. The rest of the payments will be on the 1st thereafter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 morant3

Do you mind me asking what ye decided to do? Did ye go ahead and sign contracts with clause subject to funds and reapply then?

I'd just be happier if I could secure house with current letter of offer, worried now I'll lose it because council won't send loan pack.

I thought the stressful part was over, getting approval!!
    In the same situation, builder looking for contacts to be signed, house not fully built to complete a valuation & approval running out.
    Did you make any progress ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mikeyd11111

Hi all. I am a bit confused as to who has the final say. Is it the credit committee in the co council. Or does it go somewhere else after that if approved by them?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 foodiewarrior

So basically the Co Council told me I have draw down the mortgage within 3 months from receiving the loan offer letter.
    My solicitor is waiting for the papers from the vendor solicitor 2 months now and we won't be ready to draw down.

Co Co can give me an extension for a few weeks. But that's it. After that I would have to reapply which can take months.

Anyone had issues with this?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ailbag

Payment should be received before the end of the month after they issue the cheque. If the council hasn't informed you when your repayments start, there's something dreadfully wrong :o

I drew down at the beginning of December and still haven't received my letter stating where to send my first payment or by when (2nd payment onwards comes out by DD). I emailed my contact in the council and he said the letter hadn't been written yet and I'd get it in January...

• Advertisement

Ailbag wrote: »
    I drew down at the beginning of December and still haven't received my letter stating where to send my first payment or by when (2nd payment onwards comes out by DD). I emailed my contact in the council and he said the letter hadn't been written yet and I'd get it in January...

Oh dear :o Does your County Council have a public cash desk or general receipts office? They should be able to find your loan account from your name or address and you can make a payment to them. Or maybe just ring their reception, ask to speak to anyone in Finance or Accounts, and ask for your account number, and how to make a payment into it. Good to hear they have DD for the rest at least, not all do.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GF2013

irishfeen wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Just wondering should I appeal the refusal for this scheme, they have just issued me with the following reasons on why I was refused -

- Repayment Capacity Not Demonstrated - (Passed both AIB and BOI capacity with no bother at all, between savings and household contribution I set aside €700 every single month)

- Unsatisfactory Savings Record/Source of Equity - (I had €25,000 saved at time of application and now have €30,000, how can they not class this as a savings record?)

Very down about being totally refused :( .. is it worth appealing?

Thanks in advance.
    We just got approval, we were refused last yr on the same grounds as you. Set up a direct debit for same amount into savings account each month and wait 12 months to reapply. We appealed last yr and got nowhere as we didn’t have 12 months clean savings. They want to see money going in and nothing coming out of savings accounts, they don’t like to see lump sums going in as it could be someone giving a loan. No “lavish” spends like eating out or fancy clothes shopping bills on current account either! I feel your pain on refusal, we were heartbroken! But it is worth putting the head down forv12 months to show you can repay! Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 GF2013

Question re mortgage protection insurance. Has anybody who’s been approved been ineligible for the council mortgage protection insurance? I have a long term illness so at unable to work. My husband is in full time employment. The MPI form states applicants must be at work to avail of the insurance policy, has anybody else been in this position? And if so, we’re you able to get your own insurance elsewhere?? TIA

Advertisement