Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Arseholes that park on the pavement

Options
  • 14-02-2013 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Some car/van have a serious problem with parking properly :mad:

Walking down the village the last couple mornings to get the bus to college, and three pricks take up the whole pavement with their cars and vans. Having to walk on the road in the pissings of rain while it's dark out cause they can't park properly is a joke. The should be fined for this sort of stuff.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Nothing worse,,,you should knock their mirrors off ;)

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

Walking down the village the last couple mornings to get the bus to college, and three pricks take up the whole pavement with their cars and vans. Having to walk on the road in the pissings of rain while it's dark out cause they can't park properly is a joke. The should be fined for this sort of stuff.
    That and those who park in handicap and mother and child spaces. drives me mad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You had to walk on the road, in the rain, WHILE IT WAS DARK!?

God love ya. how will you ever recover.

SV wrote: »
    You had to walk on the road, in the rain, WHILE IT WAS DARK!?

God love ya. how will you ever recover.

Not easily if OP got Lamped by a passing vehicle

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

tiny timy wrote: »

I assume you mean parents and child spaces or are fathers not allowed to park in these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

tiny timy wrote: »

I had to park in the mother and child space one day because I was 15mins looking for the father and child space but to no avail....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I hate it when people do that, they should be beaten with planks of wood with rusty nails.

Unless of course they have their hazards on which makes it completely acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

theres always a smart ass somewhere. have. look at the painting on the ground the next day an see whats on it before you get any smarter

uch wrote: »

if OP walks out on the road as a vehicle is passing perhaps OP deserves to be lamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I have to park on the pavement every day. Otherwise the road outside my house would be completely impassable. How selfish would that be?
    Going right up to the wall is taking the p!ss tough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭Doctor Strange

Exactly. It's hard enough for drivers to see people on the road in normal conditions, add in the rain and it's worse.

And to the person who asked if the had their hazards on, they didn't. The cars and van were completely idle.

if OP walks out on the road as a vehicle is passing perhaps OP deserves to be lamped.

Uh, yeah, you missed the part where I said I've no choice. The WHOLE path is taken up.

But it was Dark and the footpath was blocked

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I park on the footpath sometimes but i always leave enough room for a buggy or a fat person to get by.

I have to park on the pavement every day. Otherwise the road outside my house would be completely impassable. How selfish would that be?
    Going right up to the wall is taking the p!ss tough.

I wouldn't mind if they were just mounting the curb or whatever, but making the path impassable is a hazard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭bluewhitehoops

some roads are just not big enough to park your car on the road otherwise you could well end up blocking the road

Uh, yeah, you missed the part where I said I've no choice. The WHOLE path is taken up.

So you wait for any vehicles to pass and then walk around.
    But it was Dark and the footpath was blocked

then the cars will have lights on, making them even more identifiable in the dark.

then the cars will have lights on, making them even more identifiable in the dark.

Not the Parked ones

21/25

Not the Parked ones

hold on...hold on, the complaint is that you might not be able to see the parked cars and end up walking into them?

Ya couldn't really make this up..it doesn't get dark enough that you'd miss a parked car in the middle of the countryside on a cloudy night, let alone anywhere with paths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

Not the Parked ones

Better to park it on the pavement, than block a cycle lane.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

It's indefensible, irresponsible and a public safety hazard. Attacking the OP for the purposes of defending this kind of idiotic parking is complete bollocksology.

hold on...hold on, the complaint is that you might not be able to see the parked cars and end up walking into them?

Ya couldn't really make this up..it doesn't get dark enough that you'd miss a parked car in the middle of the countryside on a cloudy night, let alone anywhere with paths.

No the parked cars/vans won't have lights, don't know if there were street lights, OP did'nt say, it was raining and Dark, and where I live there are plenty of eejits that drive without their lights on, so yes I can see a problem for the OP, if you can't, well then I'd love to live in the cosy little atmosphere that you do where everything is perfect.

21/25

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

woodoo wrote: »
    I park on the footpath sometimes but i always leave enough room for a buggy or a fat person to get by.
    Wheelchair people??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Have you considered setting alight the vehicle? Its justified surely

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Nothing worse,,,you should knock their mirrors off ;)
    I park responsibly, but if I caught someone knocking the mirror off my car, I'd probably use them as a punch bag.

sfwcork wrote: »
    Have you considered setting alight the vehicle? Its justified surely

Welcome back ;)

21/25

No the parked cars/vans won't have lights, don't know if there were street lights, OP did'nt say, it was raining and Dark, and where I live there are plenty of eejits that drive without their lights on, so yes I can see a problem for the OP, if you can't, well then I'd love to live in the cosy little atmosphere that you do where everything is perfect.

plenty of people drive around you without their lights on in the dark whilst it's raining?
    ah stop now would ya, you're clutching at straws.

not everything is perfect, no, but it certainly has the illusion of being perfect compared to the absolute shíte that some people complain about on here.

There are street lights, but they're pretty poorly space out.

Also, it's straight after a bend, so a car could come flying around the corner, and I'd barely have a chance to react.

There are street lights, but they're pretty poorly space out.

Also, it's straight after a bend, so a car could come flying around the corner, and I'd barely have a chance to react.

You should make your way around the cars that are offending you a bit quicker then.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

Welcome back ;)

Thanks.I had the sweats all week ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement