Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

XBLA Deals/Deals with Gold

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Beyond Good and Evil HD for 800 points?!! Sweet! :) I'll be buying that on day one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭dunworth1

The following have now been priced, taken from Major Nelson

February 16 Hard Corps: Uprising, 1200 Microsoft Points
    February 23 Bejeweled Blitz, 800 Microsoft Points
    March 2, Beyond Good & Evil HD, 800 Microsoft Points
    March 9 Torchlight, 1200 Microsoft Points
    March 16 Full House Poker, 800 Microsoft Points

is this the one with the bigger parties?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

dunworth1 wrote: »
    is this the one with the bigger parties?

It was mentioned on sent u a message or nexus a few weeks back that the this game would have bigger parties

It was mentioned on sent u a message or nexus a few weeks back that the this game would have bigger parties

i like a bit of poker might pick it up not sure yet tough

May I ask, could anyone recommend which of those Retro Shooters on offer this week would be the best one to get?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭niallon

May I ask, could anyone recommend which of those Retro Shooters on offer this week would be the best one to get?

Anything but DN Manhattan Project! Serious Sam is good fun I thought, I'd suggest trying out the demo of it though, it's love/hate possibly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

niallon wrote: »
    Anything but DN Manhattan Project! Serious Sam is good fun I thought, I'd suggest trying out the demo of it though, it's love/hate possibly!

+1 DN Manhattan is tripe, OP you can download trials of them all to test them out, but I'd recommend Geometry Wars

Thanks Niallon and Calex71, I'll download a few demos now to try them out, I always leave it til the last minute to decide which arcade games to get and by the time I do decide, they've gone back up in price! :rolleyes: I have to get out of this detrimental decision-making pattern. :o

Xbox LIVE Deal of the Week** :

Week of February 21 – Tom Clancy:

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Co-op Collection, 200 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 Co-op Collection 200 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Deniable Ops: Insurgency 400 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Chapter 2, 300 points (50 percent off)
    Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. Air Supremacy, 400 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X. 2 All-in-one Pack, 400 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s EndWar Escalation, 200 points (50 percent off)

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, 600 points (50 percent off)
    Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction Outfit, 200 points (50 percent off)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Pacman Championship Edition:DX for 400 points, the following week (Feb. 28th)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Healium wrote: »
    Pacman Championship Edition:DX for 400 points, the following week (Feb. 28th)

Might just splash out on that!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭DaveTwenty7

stolen from bargin alerts

2100 MS Points for £11.99
    Here's a roundabout way of getting 2100 MS points for £11.99.

1. Log into the GAME website and vote for Game Of The Year. Click me. (It doesn't matter which you vote for)

2. In a few days, you'll receive an email with a £5 voucher to use against any of the games you could vote on.

3. Select to purchase Limbo.

4. This is an MS Arcade game, so instead of the game, you get to buy 2100 MS points instead.

5. Redeem your voucher, and the price of the MS points is now just £11.99.

The one catch is that delivery to EU is £2.99 but free within the UK, so if you know anyone in the UK (including NI) use their home address as delivery. It's just a code, so they can either call the code out to you, or take a photo of it and email it to you.

Even with the EU delivery, it's still cheaper than you'll get anywhere (I think).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bump: Pac Man CE DX is 400 points today , picked it up earlier and have yet to put it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

calex71 wrote: »
    Bump: Pac Man CE DX is 400 points today , picked it up earlier and have yet to put it down.

might pick that up, meant to be good

calex71 wrote: »

+1 Once again proving that gameplay is king, this is by far one of the best XBLA games available! Haven't been this addicted to an XBLA game since Splosion Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

I'll post up the weekly deals here as I work for Xbox :)

I do have the next 2 months but I'd be sacked if I posted them!
    I'll do it Monday AM for ye all just before they come out.

Just a hint to next weeks game there's only 1 title similar to Pac-Man begins with L then there's a St. Patrick's Day\Week list with quite a few deals.

Stay Tuned.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Ah man I love Lac Man!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

keith123 wrote: »
    Just a hint to next weeks game there's only 1 title similar to Pac-Man begins with L then there's a St. Patrick's Day\Week list with quite a few deals.

Begins with L ..... couldnt be a game where a young boy goes in search of his sister is it?

Hrm, wonder what the St Paddys deals will be, obviously some leprachaun hats for Avatars and such but will it be games with Oirish characters, like The Saboteur....or Bioshock.....or........damn this is hard?

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Begins with L ..... couldnt be a game where a young boy goes in search of his sister is it?

Hrm, wonder what the St Paddys deals will be, obviously some leprachaun hats for Avatars and such but will it be games with Oirish characters, like The Saboteur....or Bioshock.....or........damn this is hard?

Limbo! No not this one but good guess :)

The breakdown for Paddy's day is 5 Avatar items, 3 Add-ons and 1 Game.

Pac-Man this week was the members choice which I didn't realise - no wonder its one of the best deals this year so far.

In the mean time there are some good games for House Party available
    http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/live/house-party-2011

Luxor 2 or Lumines? What did I win? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

keith123 wrote: »
    I'll post up the weekly deals here as I work for Xbox :)

I do have the next 2 months but I'd be sacked if I posted them!
    I'll do it Monday AM for ye all just before they come out.

emm Major Nelson got there ahead of you...

http://majornelson.com/archive/2011/03/03/comingsoontothexboxlivemarketplacemarchthird.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I was actually looking to see if he did release the titles before time! Guess your right but this is only for the US market not EMEA (Europe) - Lara croft will be the only one for us next week.

The following after Paddy's week is S**** * :)

Ah, Lara Croft, so obvious :p

Also, wonder what "The Black Emporium" is for Dragon Age 2, probably a quest chain or new location or such.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Is there some way to see what's on sale from the dashboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Drakar wrote: »
    Is there some way to see what's on sale from the dashboard?
    Unless it's specifically listed as an ad on one of the channels such as Spotlight, nope. :o

Great, I'll definitely be buying Guardian of Light this time, missed it during the Christmas sale. Question though, is the co-op online or do you have to have a friend in the same room to play with?

It was originally offline but think they patched it for online last year. Great game too.

Thanks @Gunmonkey, definitely getting it so! :)

• Advertisement

Deal of the Week (DOTW) Live now
    http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ie/Promotion/dealoftheweek

Week of March 7 - Lara Croft Specials Price Savings
    Lara Croft & The Guardian of Light 600 50%
    Raziel & Kane Character Pack 200 50%
    A Hazardous Reunion Challenge Pack 3 200 50%
    All the Trappings Challenge Pack 1 200 50%
    T-Rex Pet 120 50%

Advertisement