Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Bargain Alerts (Games/Hardware/Accessories) - Part 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

All Xbox One X models are down to €300, including the Cyberpunk 2077 bundle.

I went and ordered the Cyberpunk 2077 One X.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

sweetie wrote: »
    how does that work with the game not out yet?

I think they email you the code pre-launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

I think they email you the code pre-launch.

They dont. The game is connected to console so at setup you claim it and then it downloads on release date.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Do we get the console now?

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Do we get the console now?

Yes

• Advertisement

dan786 wrote: »
    Yes

Awesome, was looking for a new X for the other room and this looks good, can sell the code for 50 so 250 for the X is great.

Awesome, was looking for a new X for the other room and this looks good, can sell the code for 50 so 250 for the X is great.

It is not a code.

The game is connected to console so at setup you claim it and then it downloads on release date. It will be linked to the account its claimed on.

It is not a code.

The game is connected to console so at setup you claim it and then it downloads on release date. It will be linked to the account its claimed on.

Any videos that show this. It's highly unusual. I've seen codes in boxes, and emails sent by retailers but I have never seen a code connected to a console software.

Maybe it's a new way to avoid code theft.

Any videos that show this. It's highly unusual. I've seen codes in boxes, and emails sent by retailers but I have never seen a code connected to a console software.

Maybe it's a new way to avoid code theft.

Its called Digital Direct, this is the first Xbox to do this. All future ones will be like this. See below link:

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/consoles/digital-direct

• Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Its called Digital Direct, this is the first Xbox to do this. All future ones will be like this. See below link:

https://www.xbox.com/en-IE/consoles/digital-direct

So pretty much doing the same as Nintendo then.

• Advertisement

So pretty much doing the same as Nintendo then.

Nintendo still do codes for some bundles, the Animal Crossing Ltd Ed one comes with code.

Its more work for MS anyway as they have to configure each console as per bundle, before they just had to put a code in box and put a sleeve on the console box to make it a bundle.

Thats a shame.

Those 1 month game pass trials were nice to pass to people who didnt have Game Pass.

It is not a code.

I'll just set up a new account, redeem it on that, sell the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

Thats a shame.

Those 1 month game pass trials were nice to pass to people who didnt have Game Pass.

If you never had GamePass, sooner or later you will get a code in email, directly from Microsoft.

Gamestop now sold out. Next best is Argos at 319

Already on Adverts for 450

https://www.adverts.ie/20555711

Gamestop now sold out. Next best is Argos at 319

Already on Adverts for 450

https://www.adverts.ie/20555711

Can scalping be reported?

Can scalping be reported?

Nope, its within their terms that it can be sold for whatever.

The price is this low due to Microsoft sale until 15th and console in now sold out everywhere in UK and most places in Ireland.

These will easily sell for 400 once the standard ones go back up to 499/399 end of next week.

I have bought two myself, one to use now and one to hold.

I have a sealed Limited Edition of every Xbox One X and PS4 Pro released, planning to keep them for another 15-20 years hopefully and see what they are worth then haha.

The price is this low due to Microsoft sale until 15th and console in now sold out everywhere in UK and most places in Ireland.

These will easily sell for 400 once the standard ones go back up to 499/399 end of next week.

I have a sealed Limited Edition of every Xbox One X and PS4 Pro released, planning to keep them for another 15-20 years hopefully and see what they are worth then haha.
    Ha, used to have an attic full of old computers (c64, spectrum, amiga etc) and consoles. They're not worth anything. Think about it, people would actually want one. They'd buy one for €50 in a car boot sale just to have fun for a weekend but other than that no one will want to pay any more.

If I remember correctly, an original xbox with every single game released sold in the region of $200.

Now is the time to sell them, while there is demand. Especially limited editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

They won't appreciate in price. You probably could have bought a Rolex for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Danick

Good luck with that investment - in my experience expensive lego sets are a better investment - I'm talking 400-500.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Danick wrote: »
    Good luck with that investment - in my experience expensive lego sets are a better investment - I'm talking 400-500.

theres a dude on adverts selling 20 for 380 each, quite an investment

Danick wrote: »

Will see how much value they hold in 15-20 years if I am still alive. I have sealed 500 Million and the 20th Anniversary PS4 consoles aswell. Have seen them go for alot on Ebay.

sweetie wrote: »
    theres a dude on adverts selling 20 for 380 each, quite an investment

I am sure that guy has some sort of contact with a retailer or distributor. He should go on ebay to make real money. I have seen them go for 450-500 on there.

He seems to have EU models for Xbox One Hyperspace Special editions as well. Looking at sold ads , he sold about 40-50 animal crossing switches as well.

Big investment = Big profits.

Theres another guy who has sold around 2500 phones new sealed on adverts also.

I am sure that guy has some sort of contact with a retailer or distributor. He should go on ebay to make real money. I have seen them go for 450-500 on there.

He seems to have EU models for Xbox One Hyperspace Special editions as well. Looking at sold ads , he sold about 40-50 animal crossing switches as well.

Big investment = Big profits.

Theres another guy who has sold around 2500 phones new sealed on adverts also.

They could be just taking down and re-listing their ad over and over to keep it on top. Twats do that.

They could be just taking down and re-listing their ad over and over to keep it on top. Twats do that.

Dont think so as accounts have high feedback also.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Right everyone, let's get back to actual bargains please.

CIAB.

Just picked up mine in Argos there. Trying to figure out how to sell the game now... €320, keep an eye out.

Just picked up mine in Argos there. Trying to figure out how to sell the game now... €320, keep an eye out.

You can but its incredibly restrictive.

The buyers Microsoft account would have to redeem the game on the consoles dashboard. So they would need to add their profile to the Xbox, redeem it and then remove their profile from your console.

You can but its incredibly restrictive.

The buyers Microsoft account would have to redeem the game on the consoles dashboard. So they would need to add their profile to the Xbox, redeem it and then remove their profile from your console.

Yup that'll work, I've a tonne of positive feedback to prove I'm not a scammer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Yup that'll work, I've a tonne of positive feedback to prove I'm not a scammer.

Why the sheer desperation?

Advertisement