Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Will they be able to claim

Options
  • 10-02-2020 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭

:eek:Not a political thread

I was looking at the damage from Storm Ciara and saw the cars in Salthill that had to be "rescued from car parks after been submerged not just on 1 night but 2.

Is idiotic behavior a reason for the insurance companies to say no. Who in there right mind leaves a car in a car park during what was predicted and was a very bad night and knows the place is prone to flooding

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,184 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I'm fairly sure one of the cars I saw was a Mrk 2 Megane saloon.
    Very problematic yokes. It might have been abandoned and they may have wanted it to be washed away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Dont think u can sue fro atcs of dog

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

What’s wrong with the atsc standard

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

There’s signs up all over there saying not to park there during a storm.they should be told to rev up and fcuk right off.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Can you claim if it was as a result of the cats of God?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

A tow company could make a killing rescuing cars and charging for their time.....

Obviously before it's too late....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Bobblehats wrote: »
    What’s wrong with the atsc standard
    Compared to DVB-T there's lots more patents and it's very inflexible.
    DVB allows you to use the same video for cable , satellite and terrestrial TV, and allows third party encryption modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I was looking at the damage from Storm Ciara and saw the cars in Salthill that had to be "rescued from car parks after been submerged not just on 1 night but 2.

Is idiotic behavior a reason for the insurance companies to say no. Who in there right mind leaves a car in a car park during what was predicted and was a very bad night and knows the place is prone to flooding

They would need an assurance policy not an insurance policy to make a claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

The cars are put there on purpose.

bfa1509 wrote: »
    The cars are put there on purpose.

Well that would be usually why one would park or do you mean to claim?

Not the brightest either way....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Well that would be usually why one would park or do you mean to claim?

Not the brightest either way....

I've heard from people who live in Salthill that there is always a car or two that gets planted in that particular car park before a storm. Not sure how they benefit from making a claim (you are always a loser if you claim anytime) but it sure beats rolling it into a ditch or wrapping it around a pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,354 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Idiotic to leave a car in a carpark overnight ???? Wtf where else would you leave it ?
    As for knowing it was prone to flooding that' s local knowledge and the council should know better than to put a carpark there if that's the case.
    Are you supposed to park your car inside every time rain is forecast???

• Registered Users Posts: 10,685 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

cjmc wrote: »
    Idiotic to leave a car in a carpark overnight ???? Wtf where else would you leave it ?
    As for knowing it was prone to flooding that' s local knowledge and the council should know better than to put a carpark there if that's the case.

Salthill beside the sea that unless you live under a rock knows its floods badly and as far as I know it was not a residential carpark as only 1 was there. Now the first 1 yes I can see how they might have got caught out but the second night.

Yes it is been idiotic. Also it was not just rain that was been forecast IT WAS A ORANGE WEATHER ALERT DURING A STORM which we still had effect off today. We had snow here in Limerick. Whatever happened to personal responsibility and thinking

I thought there are signs to say it may flood....

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I'm fairly sure one of the cars I saw was a Mrk 2 Megane saloon.
    Very problematic yokes. It might have been abandoned and they may have wanted it to be washed away.

A MkII Megane is at least 11 years old. Firstly, it cant have been that problematic to still be going. Secondly, the money youd get for it on insurance would be wiped out by the excess and loss of NCB.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

I thought there are signs to say it may flood....

You cant expect people to drive AND read signs............

A MkII Megane is at least 11 years old. Firstly, it cant have been that problematic to still be going. Secondly, the money youd get for it on insurance would be wiped out by the excess and loss of NCB.

The waves gave them whiplash maybe.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

cjmc wrote: »

I've never been there, and I know it's a stupid place to park when there's a storm forecast. You see pictures of that carpark flooded out just about every storm.

Advertisement