Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 b4y

Fompi wrote: »
    I'll just bring a few boxes tomorrow... my plan is to measure the whole appartment and go to Ikea for bookshelves, desk etc... I really wish we would have had the floor plan with the surface areas instead of doing that last minute but that's part of the excitement I guess :D
    I've rented a van on Friday, and hopefully there won't be too many people on that day? It could be really messy is everyone is using the lift at the same time...
    Anyway, will let you know how it goes :)

I'll get the key tomorrow and I'll measure the whole apartment too before to get bookshleves, etc.
    However, I'll start to move my stuff on Wednesday and my plan is to complete everything by Friday afternoon bringing TV's/PC's and the dog:p

BTW, did you receive any further email/confirmation from Vesta about tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

b4y wrote: »
    BTW, did you receive any further email/confirmation from Vesta about tomorrow?

No, I was just confirmed last week that we can pick up the keys from 7:30. I'll go around 9

See you tomorrow probably :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

Best of luck to everyone moving in today. I have another 40 days to go! If anyone gets a chance, could someone do a speed test on their apartment wifi? Would love to know what speeds they are providing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimmy Gian

Hi guys. Are all the apartments that supposed to be ready today are actually delivered to the tenants? I am moving in at the end of March and I must inform my current landlord that I am moving. Should I do that with confidence or I will end up staying in a hotel in April....?
    Best luck for everyone!

• Advertisement

So I got the keys this morning, it was quick and easy. Wi-Fi worked straight away (I'll try to do a speed test when I come back tonight or tomorrow). At first I was a bit disappointed because it looked smaller than I thought it would be and it's quite hard to add furniture, there is a radiator everywhere I could have put a bookshelf or a desk... So after lots of thinking and measurements, we figured something but it's not easy. I'd say it won't be a problem if you don't need to add furniture, but unfortunately I do!
    It was also not as clean as I was expecting a new appartment to be and it was a big mistake not to bring my hoover, it's really dusty but not the end of the world either, it's probably that I had too high expectations?! The TV furniture is right in the corner in between the wall and the radiator, not ideal but again, we can live with it :D

I took pictures for you guys: https://imgur.com/a/lA4D1bB

As you can see it's super bright even with this weather and that's one of the reasons why I chose this one, not disappointment regarding the light for sure :)
    Painting is still going on in the common areas but everyone is really nice and helpful

Mr.S wrote: »
    Interesting choice of location for that radiator in the living room beside the TV stand!?

I hope they are putting a lamp shade in that ceiling lamp in the bedroom :pac:

yeah it's weird isn't it! You sit on the couch and you have a nice view on this big radiator :D

I'll put a lamp shade indeed...

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Nearly 2k for a 2 bed wow. Is that average price in Dublin now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Sound-proof party room.

• Advertisement

Overall looks pretty decent though, are you happy?

Once you start to make it “your own” I’d say they will look fab.

I think I am yes. It's weird, because our first impression was "oh it's small", "oh it's not that clean", but then you're right, we just need to make it our own. I think there was so much waiting without actually see the place that I had something else in my mind.

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Nearly 2k for a 2 bed wow. Is that average price in Dublin now?

unfortunately, yes...

I think I am yes. It's weird, because our first impression was "oh it's small", "oh it's not that clean", but then you're right, we just need to make it our own. I think there was so much waiting without actually see the place that I had something else in my mind.

I can imagine the mess you found there. I have been a couple of times in a brand new flat. The good thing is that it is not dirt, it is white dust everywhere so it is not something disgusting. However you have to make a big effort to clean up.

Thanks for the pics

Understandable though given it was all rented “off plan” - hope it works out for you!

Random questions... - how are the TV channels delivered, is it via a set-top box or just a cable from the wall > TV?

Is there a smart thermostat for heating / hot water? Assume it’s PAYG too?

I didnt have a look yet at the thermostat etc. I just know the radiators were on and it was really warm. I need to figure out how it works. And as for the TV, I didnt bring it yet, I'm really hoping it's going to fit where it's supposed to be :p

Developer is a former film director.

Has anybody moved in the first level???
    I wander if the balconies height are allowing you to see the view of the park. When I went to the open viewing it was too late and dark so I couldn’t figure out.

Keycards just like in a hotel, and we have one each!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 eagle.eye

So I got the keys this morning, it was quick and easy. Wi-Fi worked straight away (I'll try to do a speed test when I come back tonight or tomorrow). At first I was a bit disappointed because it looked smaller than I thought it would be and it's quite hard to add furniture, there is a radiator everywhere I could have put a bookshelf or a desk... So after lots of thinking and measurements, we figured something but it's not easy. I'd say it won't be a problem if you don't need to add furniture, but unfortunately I do!
    It was also not as clean as I was expecting a new appartment to be and it was a big mistake not to bring my hoover, it's really dusty but not the end of the world either, it's probably that I had too high expectations?! The TV furniture is right in the corner in between the wall and the radiator, not ideal but again, we can live with it :D

I took pictures for you guys:

As you can see it's super bright even with this weather and that's one of the reasons why I chose this one, not disappointment regarding the light for sure :)
    Painting is still going on in the common areas but everyone is really nice and helpful

Hi Fompi, thanks for the pictures. It looks like there are no roller blinds in your apartment.
    I just checked my lease and the Inventory states that Roller Blinds are going to be there.

I was just wondering is that a customization you pre-agreed to make or... they forgot to install them?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

I took pictures for you guys:

Thanks a mil for the photos. Are the walls in the bedroom yellow? I don't remember seeing yellow in any of the photos or viewings. Same with the white bedside tables.

Also ditto on the roller blind questions. Doesn't look like you have any blinds in the rooms 🧐

Don't worry guys, they indeed forgot to put up my roller blinds (they were on the counter when I arrived), but I asked downstairs and somebody came straight away to put them up :)

As for the colour in the smallest bedroom (not the ensuite one, which is white), yes, it's a weird colour we haven't seen on any photo, it's not yellow but brownish. Not a big fan but at least it's not bright pink :D

• Advertisement

Ask for a lampshade aswell :pac:

hahah, no, I got nice ones in Ikea <3

Flew into Dublin Airport today and realised the final approach was literally over the development.....! You could make out the Vesta sign.

What’s the aircraft noise level like?!

I dont know yet because I didnt have time to sit and relax and there is still construction work in progress anyway so it's hard to tell. We'll know in a few months!

Flew into Dublin Airport today and realised the final approach was literally over the development.....! You could make out the Vesta sign.

What’s the aircraft noise level like?!

Yesterday I didn't hear anything and I was there for the whole day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Wait until you have the windows open on a nice summer's morning with the easterly runway 10 in operation. Flights every 90 seconds powering off from 05:30!

Arrivals are not too bad, but you will still hear them. You get used to them, but certainly not quiet!

How long till the rents go up.

Hi guys,
    Is anybody interested to share a 2 bed apartment with a professional female? She already has the approval by vestas to sign. Send me a pm for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭baldbear

Odd comment?

4% annually is the norm isn't it?

€740 annual increase for the 1-bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

• Advertisement

Went to the viewing today. The airplanes noise was absolutely annoying when you have an opened window or if you are at the balconies. However with windows shut there was pretty good sound insulation.

Advertisement