Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Deals On Sky TV Service - (Mostly Cancellation deals)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Milky1

How much does 35% off work out at?
    Just have sky q , multiroom, hd and entertainment

You don't get the discount applied to multi room or HD

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭ctlsleh

Cancelled this morning. Was paying €47.75. Looked at my online account this evening and there was a 35% offer on. Called up and had the offer applied. I have Sky Q, Mini, HD, and the entertainment pack.

Interesting that they gave you a discount on SkyQ, I didn’t think they did that, I might upgrade after all

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭pj12332

Rang for my dad yesterday. Doing this dance years with sky. He has sky q in two rooms with movies and sky broadband. With discounts he was paying 100 odd for the lot. That's going up to 150 now.

She said she could get the TV down to 87 and I could go with eir broadband for 25 :D:D which wouldn't be too much over the 100 he's paying now. I was flabbergasted..I said you're encouraging me to go to eir rather than look after a customer.

I said stop this nonsense and cancel the lot. She then started saying how she could get rid of the movies and HD and it would save money. Told her HD should be standard these days and she then said that sky's basic SD is clearer than virgins HD. I just cut across her and told her I'd had enough of this every year and to cancel it all. She came back and said it's set to cancel.

Note: Importantly she told me that sky have "copped on" people are leaving and getting "winback" offers so she said once it's cut off thats it we will only pay full price to come back :D I just said don't worry we won't be back (fully well knowing we could get a new customer order in in his partners name if any of her filthy lies was true).

All these companies are too far gone. On my personal account it's gonna be eligible to cancel next month. Dropping the lot of it getting a very basic package with a provider just for your normal channels ( just for the misses to not have to worry about streams and not being able to record as easy). I bought a fire stick that has already paid for itself in a week with the boxing and MMA I watched last weekend. I use that for the channels, movies and shows I need. Sky is now an absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭deep1

pj12332 wrote: »
    Rang for my dad yesterday. Doing this dance years with sky. He has sky q in two rooms with movies and sky broadband. With discounts he was paying 100 odd for the lot. That's going up to 150 now.

She said she could get the TV down to 87 and I could go with eir broadband for 25 :D:D which wouldn't be too much over the 100 he's paying now. I was flabbergasted..I said you're encouraging me to go to eir rather than look after a customer.

I said stop this nonsense and cancel the lot. She then started saying how she could get rid of the movies and HD and it would save money. Told her HD should be standard these days and she then said that sky's basic SD is clearer than virgins HD. I just cut across her and told her I'd had enough of this every year and to cancel it all. She came back and said it's set to cancel.

Note: Importantly she told me that sky have "copped on" people are leaving and getting "winback" offers so she said once it's cut off thats it we will only pay full price to come back :D I just said don't worry we won't be back (fully well knowing we could get a new customer order in in his partners name if any of her filthy lies was true).

All these companies are too far gone. On my personal account it's gonna be eligible to cancel next month. Dropping the lot of it getting a very basic package with a provider just for your normal channels ( just for the misses to not have to worry about streams and not being able to record as easy). I bought a fire stick that has already paid for itself in a week with the boxing and MMA I watched last weekend. I use that for the channels, movies and shows I need. Sky is now an absolute joke.

They are chancers, I cancelled mine few months ago and had 35% off for 9 months straightaway, didn’t take that.
    I joined again after few months and they gave me 40% off for 12 months.

Though they won’t be give me any discount on sky q and wanted installation fees. I even argued new customer gets for 25€ instead of 149€ they wanted from me.
    They said new customer only count after 12 months of disconnect on per address ( so some one else on same address can’t sign up).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

deep1 wrote: »
    They are chancers, I cancelled mine few months ago and had 35% off for 9 months straightaway, didn’t take that.
    I joined again after few months and they gave me 40% off for 12 months.

Though they won’t be give me any discount on sky q and wanted installation fees. I even argued new customer gets for 25€ instead of 149€ they wanted from me.
    They said new customer only count after 12 months of disconnect on per address ( so some one else on same address can’t sign up).

Why did you join again?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 maggots_123

Currently paying €50 a month for basic TV and broadband. Its going up to €95 in a few weeks so technically I'm still under contract until the end of the 12 months. Is it worth my while ringing now and trying to get a better deal before the new rate kicks in? Cant afford the €95 so I would quicker drop Sky and just get a broadband package and go back to Freesat

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Currently paying €50 a month for basic TV and broadband. Its going up to €95 in a few weeks so technically I'm still under contract until the end of the 12 months. Is it worth my while ringing now and trying to get a better deal before the new rate kicks in? Cant afford the €95 so I would quicker drop Sky and just get a broadband package and go back to Freesat

It's always worth ringing and trying to see what you can get from them. Unlikely to go down massively, I think the standard people have been getting is 35% off the base price. Cancel and you have it for another 31 days, you can always cancel the cancellation in that period, but that's the same time they'll offer something too.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭ureds

Got 40% off after cancelled current deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jonnyatomic

Got a letter today from sky saying my subscription charges will be going up €3 a month from December..
    Does anybody know if this is a breach of contract similar to when the three network changed their terms and you were able to leave the contract early?

Got a letter today from sky saying my subscription charges will be going up €3 a month from December..
    Does anybody know if this is a breach of contract similar to when the three network changed their terms and you were able to leave the contract early?

Think they have in their terms they can increase package by up to 10% a year. Have a check

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

According to the Sky reps, certain customers will be able to exit their contract. If you are one of these you will be notified.

According to the Sky reps, certain customers will be able to exit their contract. If you are one of these you will be notified.

I won't hold my breath..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I called to cancel at the weekend. I had been paying 31e for basic hd tv with kids and documentaries until I went out of contract and it jumped to 50.

I called expecting some sort of decent offer to stay but fully planning on leaving.

The best they could offer me was 45 as I insisted I would need HD - apparently that's 17e per month. Good bye Sky!

greendom wrote: »
    I called to cancel at the weekend. I had been paying 31e for basic hd tv with kids and documentaries until I went out of contract and it jumped to 50.

I called expecting some sort of decent offer to stay but fully planning on leaving.

The best they could offer me was 45 as I insisted I would need HD - apparently that's 17e per month. Good bye Sky!

Hd is €8 a month if I want to add it to my subscription, wonder if u signed up could you add it for that price at a later date?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Hd is €8 a month if I want to add it to my subscription, wonder if u signed up could you add it for that price at a later date?

I think that if you are on Sky Q you can go with HD as a standalone option, distinct from boxsets. On the older HD boxes you can only pick an option for HD and boxsets combined...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Got the increase mail, up €3 for basic package and another €3 for multiroom.
    Will have to have a think now best way round this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

okidoki987 wrote: »

Same here.... bit saucy (and cheeky!). I only 5 months into a Deal that I am due to call on in mid-Nov to keep the deal going.

Will probably ring in mid-Nov and cancel the Sports & Movies as I have other ways of watching same (!!). Movies has really gone to pot.... hardly anything decent has come up in past 5 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

okidoki987 wrote: »

Multiroom only went up in January from €15 to €17.50 (I think).

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Looked at future bills, it seems sky sports and sports extra are going up in price from January, I'm still in a promotion period during this increase

Sky sports goes up by €5.16
    Sports extra by €2.58

Every bloody year something goes up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Looked at future bills, it seems sky sports and sports extra are going up in price from January, I'm still in a promotion period during this increase

Sports extra by €2.58

Multiscreen (Sky=+HD set up) going up €1.50 per box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,615 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Getting very expensive now with all these increases.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

Sports extra by €2.58

Looked at my future bills too.

Entertainment going from €32 to €35
    Multiroom going from €17.50 to €19

I'm currently in the half price offer for Sports & Sports Extra until February so no change there. Probably take affect when the offer ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Ar these increases on Sky Q also? Multi-room etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭ando

Whats the number people are using to call, I rang 0818719819. What option do you go for then? I can never get through. Just gave up waiting after waiting 25 mins....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,716 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Got the email I'm on the old type boxes.

Yes they apply to Sky Q unfortunately.

ando wrote: »
    Whats the number people are using to call, I rang 0818719819. What option do you go for then? I can never get through. Just gave up waiting after waiting 25 mins....

The free phone number is 1800927476.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Tried calling that number but it's no longer in use

Keano wrote: »
    Tried calling that number but it's no longer in use

Just tried it and it's working fine.

1800 927 476

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

So was going cancelling my sky TV which was costing 57 a month with multi room and hd so went to cancel a week ago and they dropped price to 32 was losing hd and my mini q box...decided to cancel it altogether this morning as within cooling off period and they really try and keep you...anyways eventually got through to cancellation department and they knocked it down to 22 a month for entertainment without hd, multiscreen and the q mini which I will have to send back...if I wanted the mini and hd be 40 odd euros a month...hope that helps..

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

Advertisement