Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Student Discounts

• 12-08-2008 12:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anybody know where offers the best student discounts? on food entertainment, clothes, books, anything?

Or does anyone know where doesn't offer any discount but really should?

:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 jenfiction

Most student discounts are around 10% off. It can be great when you're buying something expensive. Topshop, HMV and most cinemas give dicounts. Apple give student discounts when you order off their website too. I think it's around 8%.

If you have a student travel card, there's more places that give discounts with that like Subway and 3 stores. Always ask when you're gonna spend a lot of money anywhere because not all stores advertise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Bijoux

Subway do discounts??? Sweet.....:D

Most places do ten percent....I work in Faith Shoes and our student discount has been bumped up to 15%...havent seen anywhere else that high though...

Sometimes I hate asking cos it makes me feel like a cheapskate.....then again, I AM a pennypinching student :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chelsey

I just bought a Macbook and got $200 off because I was a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 acehigh92

ddaa wrote: »
    Does anybody know where offers the best student discounts? on food entertainment, clothes, books, anything?

Or does anyone know where doesn't offer any discount but really should?

:confused:

this site gives a list of all student discounts
    also Micard, offer discounts, but its just in cork at the moment. and you need to buy a card for €10 as far as i can tell studentsmart.ie you dont need a card just your studnet ID

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 mhogan101

So many places do student discounts but don't advertise it and it is embarrassing asking in certain places, check out sites like travel card, vip card, student smart.ie , student deals some serious discounts to be had you just need to look...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

heatons and A-Wear have a 15% discount for students :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 goosey gander

Macdonalds do as well and the bagel factory:)!!!Heatons give a 10% discount too

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

Heatons is only 10%...but specsavers do 25% afaik!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

can you still get a student discount card if you're doing a PLC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

No I did plc last year and didn get my student discounts Im afraid....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭peltor

Collegelink do a specific student transport to Kerry-Cork /Kerry-Limerick and visa versa to Tralee wkd trips with free wifi access for the price €12 each way,what makes collegelink unique is they will drop students off as close as possible to their accomodation especially handy on wet sunday nights,they have a special offer of a month's free travel to all those students that enter competions at moment.check www.collegelink.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭cookerj

I just discovered a site called www.discountsonline.ie, amazing deals! Unfortunately I live in Dublin but for everyone who doesn't they have a deal on there for the 4 star Mount Herbert Hotel in Sandymount where you get a 4 course meal, night in the hotel and a full breakfast for.... wait for it..... €44.50 per person!!

Few beauty salons and other things. Looks like it's a new site so prob better to check back in a couple of weeks as they might have loads more.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭flemishgael

Hi all, does anyone know of any other student discounts and is it worth it?
    Looked at http://www.studentcard.ie www.collegelink.ie www.discountsonline.ie
    Would be most interested in travelling as I travel around Ireland a lot for my studies (to Archeological sites) by rail and bus.
    I do have a UCC student ID but would like to know more about other discounts.

Advertisement