Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Big Freeze Discussion / Heavy snow & Blizzards continue - 01/12/2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

The top left quadrant of Dublin city seems to be the only part not getting any.

i.e. my part :P

But hopefully this will change very shortly...

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭qwert2

cup of tea is in order! :)

Yeah, was thinking the same.

3 short of your 1000th post. Make it a good one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

jarvis wrote: »
    I can't get the raintoday website to zoom in. Can someone tell me is Ashbourne supposed to be in the path and if so is it yellowie/orange or redly/red.

Please????
    I second this question.. bleeding broadband is down.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 2kreative

Watch out for the hooligans pelting the cars out of it in the navan (just before johnstown shopping center) area, I pulled over and they tried to open the doors..

Snow starting, looking heavy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭LID

jarvis wrote: »
    Two sugars please.
    Just milk for me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Nothing happening in D14, :( Is it going to arrive ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Snowing gently in Lucan Village now...

Would it ever hurry up and get over to Willsbrook! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Aquals

Absolutely bucketing down snow here in Blackrock, Dublin now as it has been doing on and off for the whole day. If this keeps up we really will be snowed in tomorrow. Roads around here are impassable at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Fizzled away here, hope theres more a coming...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Heroditas wrote: »
    Any of the Lucan folk on for getting potato sacks and sliding down Lucan Heights past the school or down Lucan Newlands Road (nice blind bend there) past Kasturi? :D

Sounds fun :D

Snow starting in Hillcrest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 thebang1978

anybody think this snow is much better for show balls
    have no clue why ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

RTE forecast a significant country-wide snow event on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

No snow here again in Rush. The only sign of snow in my estate is some on the roof of my car, after bringing it back om work. So bizarre driving from a no snow area in the morning, to a skating rink where I work (Ballycoolin).

Boss has let us leave around 3.30 - 4 pm everyday this week.

Please please please please snow, come back to Rush for a visit. A weekend stop over just wasn't enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Stopped here in D4, incredible the difference in a few miles. Down the road in work it was snowmaggedon all day and feck all here.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

18.45PM ATC Dublin Airport - The runway is open again, runway is wet but braking tests are good...

That Lufthansa pilot was first on where he heard this, he must be in an awful hurry but was told politely to remain in queue. :D

http://www.liveatc.net/flisten.php?mount=eidw2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

Fcuk!!!!! I've just run out of cigarettes!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭noanoa

Stopped in Clontarf :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭gucciali

Belting down again here in Tallaght D24 :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

They don't get snow too often in Graignamanagh, but when they do.... :D

(video shot monday, before last nights "blizzard")

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭ciaranm

The M2 dp is not really that important when you already have cold air settled in place ,

Its more of a case when you have a marginal dp inland that your on the look out for a negative dp at the M2

Oh right, cheers.

It's coming down heavily in Tallaght now.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

stopped again!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Cionád wrote: »
    RTE forecast a significant country-wide snow event on Friday
    Countrywide away from the coast, Dublin city and areas by the coast will just get rain.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Any of the Lucan folk on for getting potato sacks and sliding down Lucan Heights past the school or down Lucan Newlands Road (nice blind bend there) past Kasturi? :D

We used to sled down the hill beside the old stone steps from St Joseph's down to Sarsfield Park. :pac:

If it was closed the old hill up past Laraghon would be great! (Think it's now called the "Barnhill Cross Roads", but I always knew it as Stamford's Hill and I grew up at the top of it)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭zing

Would it ever hurry up and get over to Willsbrook! :D
    Light hail falling here -- just off Griffeen Ave.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

LID wrote: »
    Just milk for me please!

I've just made macaroons, I'll bring them over:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Blizzard here in Waterford City again adding to the totals. Extremely dangerous driving conditions out there.

Live Webcam and Stats @ www.waterfordcityweather.com

ahhhhh come on, this is not funny any more. seriously this snow is getting lazy after waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Snow's started in south D15.

Let's see what comes of this :)

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

Whats with the Met Eireann radar that tracks yellow/blue blobs until they reach the cork/ Waterford border and then they disappear. Surely West Waterford can't be getting that much snow!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Countrywide away from the coast, Dublin city and areas by the coast will just get rain.

Is this the case? If the rain is coming from the North -West I would have thought that it was the distance from that coast that would be material, 1982 style.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement