Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

tretorn wrote: »
    But if people called Obama the black one the world would implode.
    It's almost as if one has the option to wear fake tan but the other doesn't have the option to have black skin...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mikhail gorbachev2

pretty troublesome that mods havent changed the title of this thread tbh

i agree with this guy
    block thread delete comment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I watched this live and he did not assault her. He barely touched her arm. Trump had it in for him and set this up so he could get him banned. That's the kind of horrible, disgusting, vile person Trump is. The video on You-Tube has been altered by the White House to make it look worse than it was. The reporter was just doing his job but Trump is not able to answer hard questions. See Trump walk away from the podium like the coward he is when he was asked a question.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

pretty troublesome that mods havent changed the title of this thread tbh
    I actually thought the title was tongue in cheek. Some people are actually buying the assault nonsense. He didn't touch her just held on to the microphone for a few seconds, while the lady tried to take it off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mikhail gorbachev2

AMKC wrote: »
    I watched this live and he did not assault her. He barely touched her arm. Trump had it in for him and set this up so he could get him banned. That's the kind of horrible, disgusting, vile person Trump is. The video on You-Tube has been altered by the White House to make it look worse than it was. The reporter was just doing his job but Trump is not able to answer hard questions. See Trump walk away from the podium like the coward he is when he was asked a question.

don't be so hysterical,
    go get some fresch air

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭2 Scoops

B0jangles wrote: »
    Its the latest thing among hardcore Trumpers; they pretend that everyone who criticizes the Orange One is actually a background character in a game who just repeats a few stock phrases over and over again.

The irony of trying to accuse other people of a lack of originality or independent thought by endlessly parroting something they heard about on reddit/4chan appears to have completely escaped them.

You see you have it backwards. Criticize Trump away, most of it is deserved. Acosta is an attention seeking numtpy. In your mind two things can't be true at once, hence the mathematical NPC type memes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Well, whatever about the rights or wrongs of it, fifteen pages of Irish people getting over excited about a spat between the American President and an American newsman was deeply entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Well, whatever about the rights or wrongs of it, fifteen pages of Irish people getting over excited about a spat between the American President and an American newsman was deeply entertaining.

Do you think the spat is the story, or do you think the white house blatantly lying about an assault when the whole incident is on video is the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,078 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

Grayson wrote: »
    I've sen a lot of people who say he's changed a lot in the last 10 years. His vocabulary is getting more limited and he's getting far less articulate. Some think this could be as a result of the early stages of dementia.

I don't think he was ever the sharpest tool in the box.
    wexie wrote: »
    Inheriting a couple hundred million does help of course....

I reckon the guy never made any money and he has been a front all his life.
    Daddy had to bail him out.

But even with the money, the fact he made it to where he is, is kinda astounding.
    Remember how far the likes of Ross Perot got or even Romney who is worth around $200-250 million.

He is ultimate triumph of stupidity.
    Look at all the lefty SJW in uproar hahahahahahaha

Now I bet anyone would find it hard to label me a SJW and I haven't much time for CNN, but I find Trump's behaviour despicable and frankly he is dragging America into one awful hole.

And yes I can still see why some would vote for him out of desperation or protest, but I can't understand why some others who have feck all to complain about would.

I do find it interesting that a well known publicly womansing, twice divorced, with a Jewish daughter and son in law gets the support of the far right and evangelicals in the US.

In the past these groups passed up on supporting some politicians because they once looked at another woman or stopped outside a synagogue.
    All things considered youve got to love trump. A journalist asks him legit questions and he ****s him out of the white house.

Brilliant stuff.

It might be kinda funny how he just ignores reality and gets away with it, if it wasn't for the fact this is serious and has serious repercussions for everyone.

He is making a mockery out of the office of president and leading the US, nay the world, into a dangerous path of denying actual facts with spoofery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

It sets a dangerous precedent that you can get away with assault on live TV in front of millions once you have left wing views

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

It sets a dangerous precedent that you can get away with assault on live TV in front of millions once you have left wing views

There was no assault. He was already moving his hands, and not even as animated as many others do when talking. If anything, he was assaulted (and he wasn't)

Anyone who says otherwise is a moron

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

He needs to sue someone for millions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

Doctored footage is no biggy for you so...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,524 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

don't be so hysterical,
    go get some fresch air

I am not hysterical.

I am just saying it like it is.

Trump is a bully and a coward.

He is making a show of the office of President of the USA and damaging America's reputation around the World as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Maxpfizer

B0jangles wrote: »
    Its the latest thing among hardcore Trumpers; they pretend that everyone who criticizes the Orange One is actually a background character in a game who just repeats a few stock phrases over and over again.

The irony of trying to accuse other people of a lack of originality or independent thought by endlessly parroting something they heard about on reddit/4chan appears to have completely escaped them.

I absolutely LOVE posts like this.

Thinking you see the irony while simultaneously oblivious to the irony.

Trumpers: Haha, these NPCs just repeat a few stock phrases they heard on the TV.

B0jangles: Haha, these Trumpers just endlessly parrot something they heard about on reddit/4chan.

You know, maybe it's not just the Trumpers who can't see the irony?

Trumpers think that everyone who criticizes the God Emperor is a mindless NPC? Fair enough, is pretty blinkered and stupid. Folks should address the points and try to see nuance.

Hang on though... what's that? You read on the internet that "Trumpers" are mindlessly parroting things they read on the internet?

Hahaha those Trumpers are mindlessly calling us NPCs and parroting things they read online. I should know... I read it online!

Brilliant.

I'd love to hear the explanation for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

don't be so hysterical,
    go get some fresch air

Why do you think a person would need to be hysterical to write a paragraph?
    Do you you think typing automatically send people into a froth or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Maxpfizer wrote: »

Trumpers: Haha, these NPCs just repeat a few stock phrases they heard on the TV.

B0jangles: Haha, these Trumpers just endlessly parrot something they heard about on reddit/4chan.

Trumpers think that everyone who criticizes the God Emperor is a mindless NPC? Fair enough, is pretty blinkered and stupid. Folks should address the points and try to see nuance.

Hang on though... what's that? You read on the internet that "Trumpers" are mindlessly parroting things they read on the internet?

Hahaha those Trumpers are mindlessly calling us NPCs and parroting things they read online. I should know... I read it online!

Brilliant.

Trump says and does stupid things. Pointing out those things, and when he lies id not parroting something, it's pointing out facts.

For example, lots of people pointing out that the reporter did not attack the intern and that the facts support this is not parroting the same line.

Using doctored footage and saying the reporter attacked the intern, dispute all the evidence to the contrary, is parroting the party line.

Only one side in this discussion is lying through their teeth and regurgitating the party line. The other side is just pointing out how stupid they are. There's no equivalency.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

megaten wrote: »
    Why do you think a person would need to be hysterical to write a paragraph?
    Do you you think typing automatically send people into a froth or something?

Just block the reregs. It's easier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Brilliant.

Are you ok?

You seem a bit upset, maybe you should have a little lie down :o

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I think it's cool that Trump fans finally value politeness, being civil and generally-not-being-a-dick. I look forward to them holding to these values in future, particularly a certain somebody in a high public office shouts people down, calls people names, mocks the disabled and pretends natural disasters didn't happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Sure, but my point is that the reporting part of CNN, MSNBC et al had actual meltdowns when it became clear that the "wrong" candidate was going to get elected, and they held off on admitting this for as long as was humanly possible. The amount of mental gymnastics they pulled to deny simply reporting facts that night was quite astounding. There are several YouTube accounts which have the full eight hours of CNN's coverage up, and it's astounding just how transparent the whole team's preference for one candidate, and belief that there's a "right" and "wrong" result in an election, becomes as the program progresses.

Who would watch eight hours of anything on youtube??? Election is over. The wrong candidate did win.
    yeah yeah, that's all true - but only to America because that's where this took place, and that's where Trump is relevant.

so your point is moot. this is boards.IE in IRELAND have you forgotten?

why does everyone trot out the "most powerful man in the world" ****e when defending their hatred of the US president?

it still doesnt affect us in Ireland, no matter what way you try to warp it.

You could not be more wrong. Everything this idiot says and does has a ripple affect but he doesnt understand this. How many American companies at home?

Anybody who supports this clown mirrors his tendencies. Racist, misogynistic, ill informed simpletons.

As an aside as a proud member of the Newseum here recently I saw someone with a MAGA hat there. Spoke volumes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Chap shouldn't have put his hands near her. If a Fox reporter had done this liberals would be losing their minds that a man had asserted his physical power over a woman. Liberal reporter does it and they all scream 'doctored footage'. Yawn.

Course when Obama found someone's behavior objectionable (trans women shouting out that he should stop deporting LBGQ immigrants) everyone started chanting 'Obama, Obama, Obama'. Hypocrites.

About sums it up for me........

https://twitter.com/TheOfficerTatum/status/1060716609059348480

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭SHOVELLER

Chap shouldn't have put his hands near her. If a Fox reporter had done this liberals would be losing their minds that a man had asserted his physical power over a woman. Liberal reporter does it and they all scream 'doctored footage'. Yawn.

Course when Obama found someone's behavior objectionable (trans women shouting out that he should stop deporting LBGQ immigrants) everyone started chanting 'Obama, Obama, Obama'. Hypocrites.

African Americans who support Trump sums it up for anyone with a working brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭duckofdeath

First of all. The White House posted a deliberately faked video. The discussion should end there and solely be about why the president and his spokespeople always lies without any consequences? But let's entertain your argument. If manners suddenly is this important in the white house and their press room, why is Sarah Huckasanders still working there? She's been spewing hate and lies onto journalists and everybody else for over a year, with zero repercussions. You want professional and honest manners? Start being it yourselves and I'm sure you'll be treated nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

You have to wonder about the intelligence of the people using the InfoWars, edited version of the video to say there was an assault.

I include the White House and Sanders in that too for using InfoWars version. Mortification isn't the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

I don't see an assault here. But I do see an incident that deserves an apology from the reporter. Too much sense from me?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

evil_seed wrote: »
    I don't see an assault here.

So then you do see the white house press secretary lying about an assault?
    Would you also see something seriously wrong about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

Brilliant.

Brilliant point, well put.

The irony stinks.

The only way to get info and then talk about it without irony is from word on the street (yes, put down your PC and listen to the mean streets of life!).

Also, word on the deep-net will do, since the ideas there are deep, fresh and original. (I also get some of my ideas from the American website "reddit.com")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Wow, a keyboard warrior filmed himself. Messageboard hard chaws are always good for a laugh, the Twitter video version is even better. Saying what they would do in a given situation when they would in their hoop. Talk is cheap. But the bluster is always fun to witness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,367 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

evil_seed wrote: »
    I don't see an assault here. But I do see an incident that deserves an apology from the reporter. Too much sense from me?

He literally said "Pardon me, ma'am" as he pushed her hand away. Do you want him to apologise for being polite???

Advertisement