Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

CNN Reporter "assaults" White House intern

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ah ok now I see the doctored footage in that link making it look a lot more aggressive. How utterly reprehensible and irresponsible to create and publish that. You might call it fake news.

Yeah. It's one thing to create lie about something but it's even worse to use doctored footage to support that lie. It shows that the liar knows that they are lying and not just misinterpreting an event. Reprehensible and Irresponsible are the right words for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭dont bother

seriously....
    Irish people who are vocal about being "against trump" are pathetic.
    why like? i dont get how Trump being president of a different country thousands of miles away affects you in the slightest?

where are all the lesbian feminists to give out and take the side of the battered woman in this case?? eh?

god, irish people under 30 are very depressing these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

If she was an intern 'under' Clinton she'd have something to be worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

As an avid Trumpette I'm finding this one hard to process.

On the one hand, I'm tired of bloody snowflakes crying about the smallest of transgressions all the time (e.g. "microagressions" - yuck!).

But on the other hand, I am outraged at this - I dunno, what would you call it, mini-agression from that reporter!

Now I'm no snowflake. In fact, I'm a manflake (this is an actual word, look it up).
    I've forgotten my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The White House posting propaganda from f*cking Infowars

Have a word with yourself op ffs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

seriously....
    why like? i dont get how Trump being president of a different country thousands of miles away affects you in the slightest?

where are all the lesbian feminists to give out and take the side of the battered woman in this case?? eh?

I don't think this is a case of petty squabbles for or against Trump, this incident is a blatant attack on democracy.

The press is the only agency that provides the people with any accountability, and yes its a flawed body, but it's the only one we have. A journalist has to ask uncomfortable questions in order to provide the public with the information they're entitled to.
    That this man is shouted down and verbally abused is one thing, that he then lose his job as a White House reporter because he's been banned for physically assaulting a woman, sullied with a slur over something he did not do and we all can see that he did not do, is a very scary development in the Western World.

This one can't be let pass. This would mark the beginning of us accepting to let modern democracy slide into being political orbits like China and Russia, where people who look for accountability of power or speak truth end up in jail for crimes they didn't commit or worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

seriously....

There are plenty of people over 30 here. The most powerful man in the world - yeah I think it's reasonable to have views on him when he tries to distort reality. As if people here didn't have views on Reagan or Nixon or Kennedy.

And wow, talk about missing the point, which is that the woman WAS NOT assaulted - that's what those who are critical of Trump are saying, hence no condemnation by "the lesbian feminists" (lol).

Is it only those here who are against Trump that you've a problem with? What about people here who wear MAGA hats? Much weirder.

How about people who are indifferent to him a lot of the time, disagree with him other times and agree with him other times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭FingerDeKat

seriously....

You ok hun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The world has gone mad - can people please stop mentioning trump

This is about the behavior of a male CNN reporter to a young female intern . It was out of order. He should make a public apology at the least .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

How about people who are indifferent to him a lot of the time, disagree with him other times and agree with him other times?

That's a rare breed these days.

• Advertisement

This is about the behavior of a male CNN reporter to a young female intern . It was out of order. He should make a public apology at the least .

So you've seen the correct video and are still trolling so ?
    Ok, lets all just leave you to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭ace_irl

I personally don't see an assault here. Yeah he seams to like the sound of his own voice a bit too much and I think he was more concerned with having his moment then anything else but he did not assault the women.

I actually think if the roles were reversed and it was a female reporter and a male intern there would be uproar over how the intern just reached across like that to take the mic.

Her action looks more aggressive to me then his.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

theguzman wrote: »
    I think CNN are far more biased than Fox News even during the Bush years.

On Election Night 2016, Fox were the only network reporting the election results in a clinical manner and registering early on that the night was much closer than expected. Most, if not all, other American networks went into full blown meltdowns and it became increasingly obvious that they regarded the "wrong" candidate as having won.

Makes you very thankful for the rules we have here about not allowing the media to discriminate between viewpoints or candidates during elections.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Im no fan of trump - but imagine uproar if he done this.
    Its sad when peoples hatred of Trump can make them refuse to condemn the assault of a young female intern

Are you feeling ok OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Its sad when peoples hatred of Trump can make them refuse to condemn the assault of a young female intern

The world has gone mad

Lol. Obvious troll is obvious.

Did you actually look at the video with your eyes. Give it a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Come on he clearly shoves her away. Add in the fact that she was embarrassed in front of the whole world so im sure there is some sort of pysch affect that she will have to overcome
    She should never have taken the matter into her own hands. That's what security is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭speckled_park

Why is that video under a #metoo hashtag? How is this assualt on the woman? Or vice versa on the reporter??? How are people lapping up this $h1t. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭megaten

On Election Night 2016, Fox were the only network reporting the election results in a clinical manner and registering early on that the night was much closer than expected.

Is that not just the difference between the reporting and opinion sections of Fox News? When people complain about Fox News my understanding its stuff like panels shows and the like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Dear God, is that what we're calling "assault" now ?? FFS!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

A reporters job is to REPORT the news, not to make himself the news.

This guy Acoster (sorry play on words) is a numpty of monumental proportions. He likes the limelight and is a media whore of the worst type.

I cannot stand Trump but CNN is a complete joke.

• Advertisement

Dear God, is that what we're calling "assault" now ?? FFS!

This isn't what we are calling it, it's what the most powerful Government in the world are calling it in order to suppress the freedom of the press, to tell people who dare question them that they ought to fear for the reputations and jobs.

This isn't what we are calling it, it's what the most powerful Government in the world are calling it in order to suppress the freedom of the press, to tell people who dare question them that they ought to fear for the reputations and jobs.

Sounds about right, shocking behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭emo72

If her name was Roxanne Pallet she could definitely call that an assault.

emo72 wrote: »
    If her name was Roxanne Pallet she could definitely call that an assault.

Someone I work with actually emailed OFCOM in the UK to request the lad from Corrie be fired.

Apparently she "felt" it was assault and that counted as much as laying her out.

Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

Sorry but when someone invades YOUR space trying to get something off you and you push back then that is not assault - you were looking for it. He gently pushed her hand away from taking the microphone.

Jesus christ, and these people call US the snowflakes!!! Calm yourselves!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭NSAman

megaten wrote: »
    Is that not just the difference between the reporting and opinion sections of Fox News? When people complain about Fox News my understanding its stuff like panels shows and the like.

Obviously you have never watched FOX News.

During the election I was watching both CNN and Fox. Fox was a reporting network, CNN was pure panel discussion and BS.

Both of these networks can hardly be described as "News: channels.

They are both partisan mouthpieces for the Republicans and Democrats respectively.

However, I think personally that CNN (in the US) is a joke of a channel. It is racist beyond belief. If a white person was to say what is being said by Black "contributors" on prime time TV, they would be hauled before the courts.

It is no wonder CNN is loosing market share in the States, they have lost the plot completely.

This is from someone who watches CNN in Europe and USED to watch CNN here in the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

For all the doubters, I've broken down the evidence. It's all there in the pic:

asdasdhasd.jpg

1. Here we can see the intern grasp the mic.

2. The ruthless mainstream media isn't having that - he chops down hard and you can even see the redness.

3. The innocent intern's eyes stare at the mic, the one object she desires at this moment in time, the thing that would make her happy, brutally denied to her by the mainstream media.

4. The mainstream media looks at her with malice, thinking "HIIYAH!".

5. This guy - who is he? - probably the CEO of mainstream media, holds back the crowd of good conservatives trying to intervene while he looks on with glee - horrible stuff!

6. Leaked documents that would endanger national security if released? Almost certainly, I say. And he doesn't care, he's about to hand them out to passersby - typical!

7. A fragile hand that's never seen a true man's hard graft.

8. What is this on his shirt? These are the questions that need to be answered.

9. Is that Alfred Hitchcock??

Checkmate. Case closed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭TinCanMan

Im no fan of trump - but imagine uproar if he done this.

Life ban fully deserved

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVFPpM6p3D4

Somehow I suspect that the OP is not been honest here and is in fact quite a big fan of Trump. Talk about making something out of nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Qanon predicted this
    Solidarity tinfoiler

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭xi5yvm0owc1s2b

What utter nonsense. Assault? The footage shows Acosta holding onto the mic and saying "pardon me, ma'am," when she tries to take it away. This is just an effort by the White House to bar a reporter because they don't like the kinds of questions he was asking.

Advertisement