Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Derry, Tyrone, Fermanagh, Cavan - Flash flood risk

• 01-07-2012 2:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

The aforementioned counties are at risk of local flash flooding during Tuesday, Tuesday night and into Wednesday (3rd July). Showery outbreaks of rain look set to develop during Tuesday with thunderstorms likely. These will last into Tuesday night and the worst can be expected in the Northwest. The nature of the rain is sporadic and embedded thunderstorms so locally some places could get high rainfall totals in a very short period of time.

Counties most at risk for the moment.

Donegal, Leitrim, Sligo, Derry, Tyrone, Fermanagh, Cavan

Elsewhere thundery rain will be widespread Tuesday night but probably not as heavy as in the Northwest. Having said that localised flooding here and there could not be ruled out either. Very mild, feeling humid.

More later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

There was quite a bit of rain today already, on the way home there was some spot flooding, nothing too serious though. Still, the rivers are high and the little stream near me is running rapid... so not much room for more deluge.. will watch this with interest. Thanks Darkman2

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,633 ✭✭✭darkman2

NP. The forecast has not changed. The only real risk area for flooding and embedded thunderstorms right now is the northwest, the counties mentioned for this evening and tonight. I won't be here tomorrow so hopefully the mods will increase, decrease the risk or change the areas at risk through tomorrow.

I don't think it's going to change much though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Will be keeping an eye out for this, we had some very heavy continuous rain for over an hour yesterday evening that has bound to have brought the water table way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Both yourself and MTC have predicted this now.Met Eireann not so much. I know who I want to be correct for once but I don't hold out much hope. Flooding it will be .... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭davehey79

Is Longford set to escape this (crosses finger)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Very heavy rain due to initialise in the west within the next few hours according to the hi Res.

211506.png

Same model picked up the cork event very accurately so i would be warning people now that live in the west .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Heavy rain in Galway since midday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Where is everyone seeing this very heavy rain exactly? All I've seen on the models in the past few days is a few hours of pretty standard rain. Some light/moderate rain here throughout the evening but nothing worth a flood warning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

snubbleste wrote: »

I haven't seen any heavy rain in Galway, Heavy drizzle at most, nothing out of the ordinary really.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

snubbleste wrote: »

I haven't seen any heavy rain in Galway, Heavy drizzle at most, nothing out of the ordinary really.
    Was just thinking the same. Hope MTC forecast is off or more westerly than me tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement