Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Last November was unreal-ly bad whilst this one has been an unreal-ly boring.

I'd prefer boredom if that means less rain. I do like a good Atlantic storm though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

I'd prefer boredom if that means less rain. I do like a good Atlantic storm though.

You`re in a minority there I`d say pal.

You`re in a minority there I`d say pal.

Probably not here though, in the weather forum.

Met.ie reporting 6 degrees for Cork at 7am but it was 1 in my part of the city. Not a heavy hoar frost, but icy enough for me not to risk going out on the bike. Another fine and clear day in prospect with a return to very heavy rain then on Monday night into Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,081 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nice sunny crisp morning in Galway albeit with a brief light shower earlier. Looks like there's a few showers around today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Rainfall warning for Connacht, Donegal, Clare and Kerry

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Heavy rain later Monday, Monday night and Tuesday may cause some river and localised flooding.

Valid: 14:00 Monday 23/11/2020 to 14:00 Tuesday 24/11/2020

Issued: 11:00 Sunday 22/11/2020

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A day to get outdoors before more heavy rain later tomorrow. Lovely and bright across most of the country today.

Lovely day. Rare in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,746 ✭✭✭appledrop

A stunning beautiful autumn day in NCD.

Spent hours in park, it was great to be out + enjoying forests before the last of leaves disappear for winter.

So grateful for nice weather this weekend.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Crystal clear starry sky, frost on the roof of the car already here in Kerry.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Entering a cooler period after the front goes through on Tuesday with a pronounced temperature drop. Looks like quite a few frosty nights coming up this week into the weekend. Cold days at the end of the week with fog maybe slow to clear. Looks mostly dry Thurs and Fri, good for working outdoors.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Entering a cooler period after the front goes through on Tuesday with a pronounced temperature drop. Looks like quite a few frosty nights coming up this week into the weekend. Cold days at the end of the week with fog maybe slow to clear. Looks mostly dry Thurs and Fri, good for working outdoors.

What about next weekend? How is that looking for Cork and Kerry in particular?

What about next weekend? How is that looking for Cork and Kerry in particular?

ECM showing generally cold and mostly dry atm. Cork and Kerry could be frosty Thurs, Fri, touch and go Sat, Sun but could get below freezing inland in sheltered areas and could get a hard frost Mon.
    A bit early to know for sure but trending cooler. Interested to see how foggy it might get later in the week. Winds should be light, hopefully get some bright days, being near the coast might help clear any fog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Dreary, wet morning in wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Dreary, wet morning in wexford.

Dreary dry morning here yesterday was a lovely day though mainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Lovely day yesterday, chilly though and a cold night. Chilly this morning but grey and damp and misty in Cork City.

Dark and wet here in Castlebar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Very wet this morning here,

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

It has been raining out here for well over 24 hours. Heavy deluges. Dark skies falling and falling and falling. Like late evening here now. Rarely pausing. Preparing to reload the water cannon.

At least the wind has eased, and an eerie, foreboding stillness

I just ventured out. Briefly.

Past the puddled concrete path at the door is a small lake. Between the path and the gate. Impassable without wellies. Right across the wide area there.

To use an old Orcadian expression, " Never seen the like. " And from the increasing darkness, there is a lot more to come.

No fields, no sky, no mountains. Just intense gray blanketing all.
    A day to light candles..

west mayo offshore

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,623 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Colder air into the west now. 6c atm at Knock, Mace Head and Newport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭OldRio

Rain and more rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Dry, Cloudy and very breezy in Meath

No change since my last post. Still dark and wet here just east of Castlebar. Lots of land now flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,572 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

14c in my part of Dublin, very mild a few weeks off Xmas!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

it's been very mild for the past 4 to 5 weeks, temperatures are currently close to 3C above average for the month of November however this should come down a bit over the next few days as temperatures cool down to normal for the time of year, or slightly below in places. Nighttime in particular will be colder than what we've been used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

About 12 degrees in Cork City, cloudy but dry. Was windy enough during the night! Milder then last week so far

Midday :
    Phoenix park 14 degrees
    Knock airport 4 degrees

Heavy rain here since lunchtime and a very dark and dreary November day. To those of us who like to get away in the winter to the sun it’s going to be a long slog of a winter which hasn’t even started yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭degsie

Heavy rain here since lunchtime and a very dark and dreary November day. To those of us who like to get away in the winter to the sun it’s going to be a long slog of a winter which hasn’t even started yet.

And on that cheery note, tomorrow it will rain!

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    And on that cheery note, tomorrow it will rain!

Think it’s to dry up is it for the week?

Advertisement