Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

biebiebie wrote: »
    So I tried the above on my current non VF SIM and it reported the following... So does this mean I'll be passed to use the service when I have the VF sim ported? It's not exactly clear is it?

Looks like you're not a Vodafone Customer?
    That's no problem! Bring your student card to one of our retail stores to get signed up!

They might have changed the website since last week as this is not what I encountered last week wit ha number on Three. After validating my age via Facebook the website asked for my number and sent an SMS activation code (the SMS was successfully sent to my Three number and it didn't complain that I was not on Vodafone). But after that nothing happened and it was asking or my number again (whereas when you do it wit ha Vodafone number the next step would be to ask you to input the activation code).

But I'd say as long as you passed through the Facebook step and went as far as them asking for your number, you should be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Right decided to give it a bash, nothing ventured and all that.

Not porting until another weeks time. Will report back when I'm done one way or the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Porting from 3 myself. Set the changeover date to Friday to make sure I had the sin by then. Arrived today, I wonder if I can change the porting date to today?

BigCon wrote: »
    Porting from 3 myself. Set the changeover date to Friday to make sure I had the sin by then. Arrived today, I wonder if I can change the porting date to today?
    Time to test their customer support!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

FrostyJim wrote: »
    EDITED AT REQUEST OF OP
    A new prepay deal aimed at students has been launched called Vodafone X. This offer is officially open to anyone 16 to 25 or anyone with a valid student card.

To sign up simply click the image below and follow the sign up with Facebook link. If you are outside the age bracket please read below.

15o9vr6.png

Vodafone X Weekend Deal
    €20 top up every 4 weeks
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    unlimited texts to any network
    +
    UNLIMITED WEEKENDS
    Unlimited data, minutes and texts from 3pm on Fridays until 11.59pm on Sundays

Vodafone X Music Deal
    €20 top up every 4 weeks
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    +
    Free Spotify Premium

Vodafone X Sport Deal
    €20 top up every 4 weeks
    20GB of 4G data
    100 minutes and
    +
    Free Sky Sports Mobile

If you are outside that age bracket and are not a student you can still sign up but you need to follow the instructions below.

Firstly set up a facebook with your age being between 16-25 or alter the age on your current profile if you have one.
    Then go to the signup link and select your plan you want. Sign in to facebook and let it verify your age. If it cannot verify your age then you cannot sign up as the only other verification method is going in store with valid ID.

If it can verify your age and you get asked for your phone number so they can send you a pin then you are in luck. Proceed to the next step.

If you are not with vodafone then order a free sim here and port your number into vodafone pay as you go.

Once you have your vodafone sim enter in your mobile number and wait for the verification code. Once this is received and entered you will be signed up to vodafone X.

Then you need to go and top up by €20.

If you are signing up for X Music or X Sports then upon topping up you will be sent a link by sms to click on and finish your registration for these services.

Lastly after you are all signed up go My Vodafone and correct your date of birth so if you ever want to lift the web content filter on your account you can by visiting a store with valid ID.

The Facebook hack worked thanks so much - huge difference from Meteors patchy service.

• Advertisement

huge difference from Meteors patchy service.

It also destroys Three in Dublin city centre. Much faster speeds and therefore better usability in general and higher quality for video streaming in particular (which sometimes simply doesn't work with Three and has been quite fast and 100% reliable with Vodafone even at peak times in busy city centre locations).

Only drawbacks is that because it works better I am consuming more data and based on the first week's usage I will have to be a little careful not to hit the 20GB limit whereas with Three I was always below that.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭redzer

Thanks OP! Ported from a Meteor sim smoothly, used the Facebook trick to register for the Vodafone X. All sorted now, have Spotify Premium and 20gigs for the next 4 weeks! All good!

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if you can move from one of the 3 choices to another? Or are you stuck with your initial choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

As a matter of interest, does anyone know if you can move from one of the 3 choices to another? Or are you stuck with your initial choice?

You can move whenever you want as many times as you like. It'll activate on the next top up of €20 or more.

I haven't actually tried doing it, but when I log into the Vodafone app there is an option to change prepaid offer and the other Vodafone X offers are listed, so I assume it is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭frostypants

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Lastly after you are all signed up go My Vodafone and correct your date of birth so if you ever want to lift the web content filter on your account you can by visiting a store with valid ID.

So after you get the deal, change your dob to correct date on your vodafone account. Any issues with this in the shop as they will obviously know looking at a 40 year old that I'm not a student and they may see that you're on the student deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

100 minutes for an entire month isn't enough (I know weekends are free but it equates to 5 minutes a day).

So after you get the deal, change your dob to correct date on your vodafone account. Any issues with this in the shop as they will obviously know looking at a 40 year old that I'm not a student and they may see that you're on the student deal?

They are hardly going to care though are they? The only reason you'll even need to visit them anyway is to get the internet filter turned off but from what I can see so far it blocks almost nothing. Its defo not blocking sites it should!
    Luno wrote: »
    100 minutes for an entire month isn't enough (I know weekends are free but it equates to 5 minutes a day).

Well then the current instore deal meteor are doing at the moment may suit you better.

Have a look - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057721162/1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Suits me as I would make any calls online anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Setup on this plan - is there a number that I text before I top up?

Luap wrote: »
    Setup on this plan - is there a number that I text before I top up?

No, just log into myvodafone and make sure that it says your current plan is vodafone x, presumably it will be though. Its now just a matter of topping up.

And it is independent from the X offer but if you just moved to Vofafone and tend to make international calls, you might want to text INT to 50223, which will give you promotional rates for calls to some countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Just be aware that the Sky Sports offer doesn't work on all phones. My OnePlus 3 doesn't seem to be compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Question on the Spotify side of the offer, can I continue to use my existing (7 year old) account or do they force you to sign up to a new one? That would be a deal breaker for me.

blue_blue wrote: »
    Question on the Spotify side of the offer, can I continue to use my existing (7 year old) account or do they force you to sign up to a new one? That would be a deal breaker for me.

I kept my existing account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Is there anyway I can check my remaining minutes and texts? Just shows 0 all the time on the Vodafone all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Aye, but whatsapp calls. With proper 4g coverage, they're excellent
    Or just ring people and hang up after 30 seconds

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

Carroller wrote: »
    Is there anyway I can check my remaining minutes and texts? Just shows 0 all the time on the Vodafone all

*174# used to work with Vodafone. *100# still works with some other networks.

Carroller wrote: »

The app shows you your minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

The app shows you your minutes

Not mine

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Pinkman

Is there a way of of topping up automatically after 30 days from the AIB app for example? I've been on bill pay for years and am put off by PAYG in case I forget to top up and need to call someone in an emergency etc. It's a shame this isn't available as a Sim Only plan as well.

Pinkman wrote: »
    Is there a way of of topping up automatically after 30 days from the AIB app for example? I've been on bill pay for years and am put off by PAYG in case I forget to top up and need to call someone in an emergency etc. It's a shame this isn't available as a Sim Only plan as well.

It's a killer offer unmatched by any other networks yet you list out things they could do better SMH

If you register your bank card with them you can schedule an automatic top-up every 28 days to keep the offer active at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Top up by text and schedule text.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Tethering away without any problems.... so far

Advertisement