Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

HungryJoey wrote: »
    This looks very similar to one parked in work @ a large software company in D15?

Very similar :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Just picked up our new 131 3 Series today. Grabbed a quick shot at the dealer. Will try to get some more later.

Actually, I was very sad to say goodbye to my 00 3 Series. It had served me very well and is still running well.

HHPamQNl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Nice wheels, as in the actual wheels. What size are they? Look like 20?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,851 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

dudara wrote: »
    Just picked up our new 131 3 Series today. Grabbed a quick shot at the dealer. Will try to get some more later.

them rims though :cool::cool::cool:

vintagevrs wrote: »
    Nice wheels, as in the actual wheels. What size are they? Look like 20?

I'm tempted to say 18", but I'm not 100% sure. But they are damn fine looking. My father will hate them

• Advertisement

I'd guess 18" by looking at that photo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'd guess 18" by looking at that photo.

I'd guess larger! 19 at least!

winner gets the car for a weekend?

ok with that dudara?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

They are 19" 405M alloys :)

Well wear dudara!

take good care of her Alan

back to my old missus then it is!!

24497711294_6c6b6715ff_z.jpg

I still loves you baby, I was just looking at that younger girl with the higher heels!!

• Advertisement

winner gets the car for a weekend?

ok with that dudara?

Eh, no! :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

dudara wrote: »
    Eh, no! :)

Too late, I'll collect the keys this evening.

Too late, I'll collect the keys this evening.

It'll be me collecting them actually sir since you guessed and I'm sure and I even gave the style of alloy :D

Back to your 325i Mr. Trainor :P

Theres no going back on a boards deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

Those are BMW 405m alloys.
    They are 20 inch alloys.
    How's the ride?

carsfan wrote: »
    How's the ride?

Bit personal, no? If you want to ask a woman about the experience of riding 20 inches i presume there are better websites to be asking on! :mad:

*post presumes dudara is female based on avatar.
    *post presumes everyone has the same low-brow humour as me.

20160219_124842.jpg

Whilst most of it is indeed just dirt and grime, unfortunately the wheels are very noticeably banged up. Strongly considering an alloy refurb (biggest thing putting me off is that the place recommended on here before don't offer you a bunch of steelies or such to get around on while they do your wheels, and i think it's, to the best of my knowledge, not a same-day process :( )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Whilst most of it is indeed just dirt and grime, unfortunately the wheels are very noticeably banged up. Strongly considering an alloy refurb (biggest thing putting me off is that the place recommended on here before don't offer you a bunch of steelies or such to get around on while they do your wheels, and i think it's, to the best of my knowledge, not a same-day process :( )

Would be nice with a refurb and a slightly darker colour. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Are them rears offset? Look like they are

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

You need to lower it a bit KKV, it is sitting super weird in that photo or something!

Wheel Wizards give a set of replacement wheels if they have them to fit your car.

• Advertisement

Dord wrote: »
    Would be nice with a refurb and a slightly darker colour. cool.png

Was actually considering going black with them, but then i thought - what if they look crap. I wonder is it an expensive mistake to make.

But I actually think I like the colour as it is, with the chrome strip running along the bottom of the car. I think it makes it all 'pop' a tad more (when it's clean, that is)

Are them rears offset? Look like they are.

There are small (20mm) spacers on the rear wheels, but it's not that noticeable. In the picture I had just pulled the car out from the roadside and the rear wheels were positioned closer to the side of the road/closer to the camera, so the offset that you notice in the pic is just cos of the way i abandoned the car. redface.png

YbFocus wrote: »
    You need to lower it a bit KKV, it is sitting super weird in that photo or something!

Nevvaahhhh!!!! I like it's little bit of extra height (it sits about an inch higher since I changed the wheels, and although i agree theres a lot of space in the arches, i'd still prefer that over lowering it).

Wheel Wizards give a set of replacement wheels if they have them to fit your car.

I think it was wheel wizards that were recommended before. Must actually give them a ring and ask. A set of black steelies and i reckon my car could pass as a background car from Robocop or something. :P

The lack of having the car usable for a couple of days is one of the biggest things putting me off getting it done. Anyone offering a set of wheels to use while they refurb the ones you give them would definitely have an advantage (to me anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Dude, that front arch gap is horrendous. :o

My car come lowered 15mm over a standard Golf and I still hate the arch gaps. If it wasn't for the warranty I'd have Eibach's on it already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭GustavoFring

What's up with the back wheel on that C5? Looks a couple of inches too far out or something, even with spacers. Just looks like it doesn't sit right, wouldn't mind the ride height given the type of car it is. That back wheel doesn't look right at all though.

I hate being critical of someone's car and that's not what i am trying to do, I think it's a nice bus otherwise tbh. Really nice cruisers those and the (508?) wheels suit it too.

dar83 wrote: »

My car come lowered 15mm over a standard Golf and I still hate the arch gaps. If it wasn't for the warranty I'd have Eibach's on it already!

I really don't mind the arch gap at all to be honest. It's one of those things that I've no real opinion on. Unless I put 20" wheels on it and the gap was maaaassive, but as it stands I genuinely don't mind it (and even then, I'd be fighting with myself as I'd probably love the ride height and not want to lower it onto the wheels :P )

When I'm driving the car, I like the little extra height (even though it is only about an inch, it's really noticeable when you're sitting in it and especially when you're getting in and out).

What's up with the back wheel on that C5? Looks a couple of inches too far out or something, even with spacers. Just looks like it doesn't sit right, wouldn't mind the ride height given the type of car it is. That back wheel doesn't look right at all though.

I hate being critical of someone's car and that's not what i am trying to do, I think it's a nice bus otherwise tbh. Really nice cruisers those and the (508?) wheels suit it too.

As I say, it's just that picture. It does look like it's on 6" spacers or something, but it's just because of the way I left it (wasnt particularly thinking i'd take a pic of it). If you look at the way it lines up on the road, the back wheel is off the road partially. The back wheel isn't sticking out that much, the car is just at an angle.

In real life, the wheels are still very much buried in the wells.

The spacers are fitted on the back wheels in this pic, for example:

20160216_155633.jpg

carsfan wrote: »
    Those are BMW 405m alloys.
    They are 20 inch alloys.
    How's the ride?

Very smooth, but agile & responsive.

@KKV - you can tag in here if you want ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

It's a Citroen, it's meant to have a comfy ride. Each to their own but all lowering cars does is destroy them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭JoeA3

The MK7 GTI does sit too high imo. I had a set of VWR springs fitted to mine. It made a big difference to the looks but tbh it did make the ride a tad too firm. As for warranty... the VW dealers fitted them for me and I traded the car in with them still fitted :pac:

The R on 19's is more ride compliant than the GTI on those springs was... it sits a little lower again than the standard GTI but not as low as the VWR springs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

I'm not going out in the rain to take pics so this will do

She is an automatic 9-3 vector sport 1.9TiD (150bhp) from 2006

Heated electric seats with memory set, cruise control, built in phone / sat nav with auto traffic update built in (which doesnt work here!) Dual climate control, auto wipers, auto lights and auto dimming mirrors

Owned for 2 weeks now and only 99K miles. Have to say it's turning out better than the Volvo i had and for those who know me i loved my Volvo !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

I'm not going out in the rain to take pics so this will do

:eek: :eek: :eek:

It's well worth it for a good picture. Could take a spin down to some nice location as well if you want to go the extra mile. :)

• Advertisement

pburns wrote: »
    It's a Citroen, it's meant to have a comfy ride. Each to their own but all lowering cars does is destroy them.

Well I will admit I do think it's very comfy. And genuinely I don't pass any remarks to the arch gap. I wouldn't be keen on lowering it.

As an update of sorts, though,I got in touch with a chap that's in Drogheda that did some minor work for me before (respraying on my old Focus hatchback and then respraying and bumper scuff repair on my old Rav4). He did excellent work both times I used him, so I just thought I'd ask him about the wheels.

He said he'll do the 4 for €200. Can't argue with that! (not sure if that's a mates rate, as I've known him a long time, although we wouldn't be friends as such). I'm off to Prague from the 29th so i'll drop the car in with him. That way i wont miss it, and it'll be done when I come back. Delighted with that. I'm just nit-picking now to see is there anything else i want done while he has it :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement