Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 5 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

• 13-02-2016 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Did a job on the wheels today. Cleaned up and sealed. Pain in the ass to do but glad it's done.
    w6s668.jpg

Car is due a wash now though, it's a bit grubby :)
    2pqnb89.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,769 ✭✭✭g0g

First post on here as it's the first car I've ever owned! (always been company cars to date). Received this yesterday (from UK) and loving it so far! 2011 2.0 TDI 170BHP Elegance spec! :)
    WP_20160212_13_33_53_Pro_LI.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Mister Jingles

Alloys suit it well.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Ron Burgundy II

(just to reply to part 4)

Yeah duke and CIP4, spot on mk 7 golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

Since it's a new thread and all, might as well put up a new pic.

24371368313_f086c2fc5a_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

g0g wrote: »
    First post on here as it's the first car I've ever owned! (always been company cars to date). Received this yesterday (from UK) and loving it so far! 2011 2.0 TDI 170BHP Elegance spec! :)

Nice car.

I just have to convince my woman that estate cars aren't the work of the devil!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

GvidoR wrote: »
    Since it's a new thread and all, might as well put up a new pic.

Those green indicators are trippy. Do you have any videos of them flashing? I remember you saying that they are still orange. How does that work?

shietpilot wrote: »
    Those green indicators are trippy. Do you have any videos of them flashing? I remember you saying that they are still orange. How does that work?

Yellow bulbs. ;)

24372312423_6ec0cf1e72_c.jpg

Thinking of replacing them with grey/smoked ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Spike Witwicky

Picked this up in December. Felt there wasn't enough Bimmers in the Motors forum :pac:

20160127_144419_zpsrbl4vg8r.jpg

Gave the Focus a 1BM wash today :p

8YouQ04.jpg?1
    wAiXDUM.jpg?1
    SXTPlsR.jpg?1
    mX7vpRm.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Them stickers that Griffiths Motor Group put up on the back windows are awful ugly and obtrusive. Any one I see sticks out. It's not so bad at the top though.

If one wasn't enough, they decided to add 2 to the transits :confused: Both that were bought off them have 2 stickers on. They even put one on the front! Around the plates too.

Badly cropped pics, but they give the idea. Some dealers go too far with stamping their name everywhere. I'm ok with a small bit of it, but not too much.

s63sec.png

15p1gjs.png

• Advertisement

I'll probably remove the dealership sticker once the N-plates are off! Strange that the sticker is there to begin with though because this car is a UK import :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

shietpilot wrote:
    I'll probably remove the dealership sticker once the N-plates are off! Strange that the sticker is there to begin with though because this car is a UK import

Maybe griffiths imported it and sold it. They do a few imports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

One for Noccy here now

zjcex5.jpg

Have this car for the next month anyway. Had a Kia Optima to start with but it was so terrible that it had to go back! This Mondeo is much better, 'tis the titanium model so is loaded with kit, and has the 240bhp Ecoboost engine.

I still they're a lovely looking car, and they drive great too.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭mhackett102

Looking over some old pictures of my cars from my first photo of them to my last. Damn Im starting to regret selling these cars. Would love to have that Corolla back and would of liked to have done more to the Golf than just trying to make it look like a GTI!

IMG_3098_zpsojegonkw.jpg
    IMG_4761_zps2qe74ebk.jpg

FullSizeRender%201_zpssthrxifa.jpg
    IMG_1044_zpsmtbo5w0i.jpg

And this is how the Jetta looked when I bought it. Who knows what its gonna look like when I sell it!
    FullSizeRender%202_zpsw0uhqls8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭CianDon

Going back through old pictures like mhackett. Found a load of pics of the Corolla. Greatest car I ever owned. Spent years and years saving and searching for the right one, and enjoyed every minute of the time I owned it. Still have a weep every time I think back to the state I left in after the smash, but talking to the lad I sold it to and she's not far off being back on the road again......so the saving can start all over again to buy it back hahaha

15471313819_c05cc21e2c_c.jpg

14245153337_991f6cb919_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭DaNiEl1994

the new daily!
    [IMG][/img]F3cRxyN.jpg
    [IMG][/img]1zGwQoj.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

John Deere 6400?

6410se haha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,187 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Lexus? Or an actual Altezza? :P :)

altezza with all the facelift bits and interior, delighted with it! like my last altezza ill put a set of jr12's on her and l.e.d taillights in summer time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's a nice Altezza. I will have to own a four cylinder, beams, manual one yet. They are a bit out of my price range.

altezzas are only going up in price, and a good clean fit one is hard to find these days went to look at 5 others before this one.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I've had my mothers Yaris for a few weeks while she's been away, treated it to 4 new tyres, a new wiper blade, a bloody good clean inside (my brother was using it as a van so it was a tip!!), and a wash today. giving it back tomorrow. nice little drive but the 1.0L engine is painfully low on power!

25046825225_008a73d273_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,074 ✭✭✭✭Duke O Smiley

My best mate has a Hybrid one (Yaris). Its really a lovely little car

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,783 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

She traded down to the 2012 yaris from a 2009 Avensis Auto 1.8 petrol she had from new, the Avensis was lovely but the 4 speed auto box in the petrol version very uneconomic on motorways!

I drove one of those Yaris for a couple of days. 2014 though but same shape and 1.0 3 cylinder engine. Nothing spectacular but nice enough, I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Why they changed it to a 3 cylinder unit is beyond me. The mk1 Yaris had a lovely 4 cylinder 1 liter engine. It was great little package in the sense that it offered a lot of the benefits of the larger 1.4 vvti in a smaller and cheaper to run engine.

The 3 cylinder by comparison is less refined and just not near as good imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

FB_IMG_1455463685285.jpg

Washed it for Valentine's day and ended up detarring it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Why they changed it to a 3 cylinder unit is beyond me. The mk1 Yaris had a lovely 4 cylinder 1 liter engine. It was great little package in the sense that it offered a lot of the benefits of the larger 1.4 vvti in a smaller and cheaper to run engine.

The 3 cylinder by comparison is less refined and just not near as good imo.

Maybe to get emissions down?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,364 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Id say it was to meet euro4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement