Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VW Passat 2005 (newer model) bluetooth radio use with phone

• 12-01-2019 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi All,

Currently I have a hands free car kit, parrot MK6100, in my VW passat 2005.
    It plays music through the car speakers ok, mostly, but sometimes its jumpy, no matter what phone I use. When using iphone for phone calls the audio for the other person is not good either. Have replaced the main parrot "module", still the same. So, most probably a cable or 2 is pinched, might look for this.

However, my Parents car have built in bluetooth in car radio, and audio when they make calls is unbelievably clear, both on car speakers and on other persons phone that they are calling. So I am thinking of replacing radio with bluetooth one.

I have looked on here and see mention of changing "heads" and bluetooh modules etc

Wondering can someone explain what exactly I need to have a 1/2 decent radio, with bluetooth that allows me to make handsfree phone calls, and play music from phone.
    Don't need touchscreen or anything fancy.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

Have used an Android head unit on a previous B6 Passat to good effect. Essentially plug and play as it came with wiring harness. To me that is the easiest option. Shop around as prices can vary quiet a bit.

s-l500.jpg

EDIT, you car maybe the previous B5 ?? so the above configuration will not work.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

homer90 wrote: »
    Have used an Android head unit on a previous B6 Passat to good effect. Essentially plug and play as it came with wiring harness. To me that is the easiest option. Shop around as prices can vary quiet a bit.

s-l500.jpg

EDIT, you car maybe the previous B5 ?? so the above configuration will not work.

Thank you. I assume Android head works with Apple phone then?
    How do I know of it’s B5 or B6. It’s the new version In 2005, would that make it B6?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,103 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The head unit would need to have Apple Car play built into it to be compatible with an iphone. Alot of units available these days would have Android Auto and Apple Car Play but just make sure the unit you are looking at does.

B6 Passat would be the newer 2005 to 2010 model.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭WannaGetFit

Thank you.
    I assume these head units don't come with mics?

Advertisement