Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential Storm Watch Fri 7 Dec 2018

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Some nasty squally showers today in Galway city, not unlike microbursts. Made driving very interesting with lots of spot flooding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Some amount of rain here in the last 45 mins. Lots of flooding on the roads.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Some amount of rain here in the last 45 mins. Lots of flooding on the roads.

Went just north of me thankfully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

Intense gusts in Limerick for the past two hours

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

A wild wild wet night out here again; west mayo offshore. According to met.ie we are not in the gale area, but we are.. Loud and long the howling! Went outside to stop a loud rattling... the esb meter door half off and banging.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Graces7 wrote: »
    A wild wild wet night out here again; west mayo offshore. According to met.ie we are not in the gale area, but we are.. Loud and long the howling! Went outside to stop a loud rattling... the esb meter door half off and banging.

Graces7, you must be well worn storms by now, I couldn't deal with it all :/

Hope you got your supplies in and by January you will have a nice and cold settled winter.

Rainy day in Cork, temps have gone up again after a windy cold day during the week.

Unseasonably mild and muggy again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Graces7, you must be well worn storms by now, I couldn't deal with it all :/

Hope you got your supplies in and by January you will have a nice and cold settled winter.

Rainy day in Cork, temps have gone up again after a windy cold day during the week.

Unseasonably mild and muggy again.

Well I am used to it... a decade on a small North Sea island.. Love it. Peace and privacy ..... this week though is unusual. We have had one postal delivery and four days cut off. But I am old and have no obligations or work commitments. Chose to be out here. There is a reality to life. an edge. I think that is why folk here love wild weather and snow?

Now something like "sheltered accommodation" would kill me very fast. :D

I have enough food stocks for about 3 months! especially for the cats!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭longgonesilver

Advertisement