Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Senior Hurling (Liam Mccarthy Cup) 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,921 ✭✭✭threeball

No, I'm not into these tactical boards games you're playing. What I said was right so you'll just need to wind it in or get over it because I'm not one bit worried about what you're thinking.

Nor me you. You just can't back up what you said. If you quote someone and call them out on their opinion at least have the balls to admit you're incorrect

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

Should the fourth place teams play the Mickey mouse teams from mcdonagh? And then rest of tournament remain as is.

Hard to see how two two loss teams from munster qualified while a one loss team from leinster are out.
    Very unfair on galway.

Comparing points across the 2 groups is ridiculous. Different teams, different games, different circumstances - same in any sport.

Munster teams face a lot higher quality in playing the 5th placed team than Leinster do. While Waterford are struggling at the moment, they will have been consistently at a higher quality than Carlow/Offaly over the last 20 years.

All 5 Munster teams have reached AI finals in the last 10 years or so, whereas only 2 Leinster teams have. Leinster was a much better competition this year, but remains to be seen if the quality of teams is higher this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭BloodyBill

RMAOK wrote: »
    According to the Sunday game, it'll be on in thurles.

Surprised it won't be in pairc ui caoimh

On in Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Chap has a point in fairness. Leinster bottom dog is relegated. Are Waterford in some different universe to Carlow, Offaly, Westmeath. Perhaps.

Play offs with McDonagh teams is pointless. Loser gets to have another hiding and winner has their bubble burst without opportunity to enjoy a genuine achievement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

BloodyBill wrote: »
    On in Limerick

Is that one of those arrangements between the teams or is it pre selected before the championship starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ridiculous that the final is on in limerick, surely the team who finishes top and wins 4 out of 4 should at least have home advantage.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭puzl

Tipp and Limerick have an arrangement so it has to be Limerick given today was in Thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Limerick and Tipp probably have a home and away arrangement for Munster finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,106 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ridiculous that the final is on in limerick, surely the team who finishes top and wins 4 out of 4 should at least have home advantage.

I'd have just said a neutral venue. Fair enough wasn't always the case when the Pairc was getting done up, but 3 big grounds, should be able to cycle it around enough.

That, and playing it in Cork would just suit me more

That simply can't be a rule for as long as Clare and Waterford have such tiny stadia.

Tipp, cork and Limerick have all had arrangements since forever and ever. Clare and Waterford will always play whoever in a neutral stadium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Final should be a neutral venue, bout time we got a big one in Walsh park

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭eigrod

If Frank was still in power it would be Cork :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some joke the final is on in limerick. Either neutral venue or at least the team that wins 4/4 get home advantage. Clearly the deserve it

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭letsseehere14

I think it's based on the old head to head between us and Tipp.
    We played them in Thurles in 2016. Last time before the round robin so this being the next "knockout" Munster tie between the two it's set for Limerick. I would guess next Munster Final between the two will be Thurles regardless of who finished 1st or 2nd or where the round robin tie is played.

Actually wait a minute.. today was home to Tipp because of round robin system and might not count as part of their arrangement. When did Tipp and Limerick last play in munster outside of round robin?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Mac_Lad71

Provincial winners face a 4 week lay-off before AI semi-final while their opponents will only have a two week break.

Wexford would love to win but not so sure about the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

puzl wrote: »
    Actually wait a minute.. today was home to Tipp because of round robin system and might not count as part of their arrangement. When did Tipp and Limerick last play in munster outside of round robin?

Round robin is still munster championship?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭C__MC

2016 I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

It was in Thurles a few years ago.

_blaaz wrote: »
    Round robin is still munster championship?
    Yes but home/away arrangement doest apply.

The last time they met with arrangement was the 2016 Munster final in Thurles so this final must be in limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

The last time they met with arrangement was the 2016 Munster final in Thurles so this final must be in limerick.

They play home/away arrangement in the round robin ffs.....which is how they played in limerick last year

This is what caused issue for waterford last year,lack of home ground??

Though i do think finals should be in neutral grounds personally

So obviously Gerry o Connor will get a ban after his silly carry on today but how will his ban work??

The management team will be stepping down so does it carry to club games or only inter county.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭lim4ev

**** yee limerick yee useless bastards :

Tipp forwards are a joy to watch

What are you on about do you know anything about hurling both teams going through the motions limerick probably even more so today was shadow boxing at its best

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭lim4ev

We didn't play in munster final in 2016

lim4ev wrote: »
    We didn't play in munster final in 2016

Sorry, I meant to say semi final.

People seem confused about how arrangements work with round robin.

Think of it this way. Lim Tipp played Thurles today and will play Munster final in limerick. Next year in round robin will they play in limerick or tipp?

The answer is, of course, limerick. And should they meet in the finals next year it will be in Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

2001 was the last time limerick met tipperary in a munster final , it was on in paric ui chaoimh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Seadin

2001 was the last time limerick met tipperary in a munster final , it was on in paric ui chaoimh

I thought they met in 2007?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Rasputin11

Seadin wrote: »
    I thought they met in 2007?

Not in a final, think Waterford won Munster that year, maybe with a Dan hat trick in the final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Nic_Col

All part of a long standing agreement between the counties. For similar reasons a Tipperary v Cork final would have been in Cork.

• Advertisement

lim4ev wrote: »
    What are you on about do you know anything about hurling both teams going through the motions limerick probably even more so today was shadow boxing at its best

Well I realised that!! It was more in jest as we(Clare) needed limerick to win today. Was clearly evident with the selection that it wasn’t too much of a worry to limerick today. Still, plenty of supporters made the journey today so it’s surely disappointing to them not to be in a munster final.

And I can assure you, I know plenty about hurling.

Advertisement