Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI Vegan Sausage rolls

• 29-07-2019 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

New offering from ALDI. You will find them in the freezer compartment. Four large rolls per box for €1.79 I think. Very nice imo and inexpensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Jjjjjjjjbarry

The Mae's Kitchen ones? Yeah they are nice and good value. Kind of a herby taste. There's a new Mae's Kitchen range of 'No Beef' and 'No Chicken' burgers too but only saw them in one of the two Aldi's I visit and they sold and out and not replaced since. They were great so watch out for them!

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Agree, they are quite nice although I did one in the airfyer the other day and it became a sausage pillow!

Havent seen the No Beef or No Chicken burgers, but might give them a go if I do as I love the quorn hot & spicy burgers

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭deaglan1

The Mae's Kitchen ones? Yeah they are nice and good value. Kind of a herby taste. There's a new Mae's Kitchen range of 'No Beef' and 'No Chicken' burgers too but only saw them in one of the two Aldi's I visit and they sold and out and not replaced since. They were great so watch out for them!

Yep, there the ones, Mae's Kitchen. I hope they are supported and not a trial-and- gone in a month item.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've tried the beef ones, they are very similar to the No Bull burger Iceland do. It seems to be an issue with stock in a lot of stores, quite a few people I know are unable to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

Thanks, deaglan1. I gotta try these. 🍽

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭65535

They're not bad (the Aldi sausage rolls that is) but they take a while in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,653 ✭✭✭Worztron

Are they akin to Linda McCartney's Sausage Rolls?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    Are they akin to Linda McCartney's Sausage Rolls?

No they Linda ones are nicer IMO. The Aldi ones are a lot bigger and have a more herby taste. They are still very nice once you don't compare them to the Linda Mc ones. I wasn't gone on my first lot for that reason but went back and enjoy them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭realmoonunit

on a side note, man the no beef and no chicken burgers sell out like crazy! Demand certainly is increasing.

Apparently all of these are only seasonal and are being discontinued at the end of the month - I may stock up on the sausage rolls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭realmoonunit

JustMe,K wrote: »
    Apparently all of these are only seasonal and are being discontinued at the end of the month - I may stock up on the sausage rolls!
    well balls to that!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,228 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

seasonal veganism hmmmmm

I'd be confident they will make them permanent once they see the demand is there. Veganism isn't going away.
    It's only a matter of time before Aldi have a vegan pizza surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Ah, if the demand is there then I think they will keep them on off course. That was the story with the vegan sausage rolls in Applegreen and now they are keeping them on and also since introduced their own vegan wraps!

No!!!!

I knew the burgers were but the sausage rolls too :(

eviltwin wrote: »
    No!!!!

I knew the burgers were but the sausage rolls too :(

I could be wrong....I hope I'm wrong! Haven't tried the burgers because....well I just don't like the sound of them, but I love the sausage rolls. Haven't been able to get them at my local the last few times I tried though :/

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

What happened to the rolls, this thread was getting intense and just stopped, leaving me in suspense..

They have vegan sausage rolls in centra temple bar and they are absolutely quality

The sausage rolls are going strong in Aldi anyway. Still waiting for them to stock a vegan pizza. Any day now....

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭TheFortField

I didn’t want to start a new thread for this...

Lidl are now selling plant based quarter pounders for €2.99.

https://www.facebook.com/135283849818481/posts/2941363482543823?sfns=mo

They are lovely, similar to the No Bull quarter pounders

• Advertisement

eviltwin wrote: »
    They are lovely, similar to the No Bull quarter pounders
    I think they will be popular. They’re a fair bit cheaper than the ‘Beyond Meat’ quarter pounder and they’re Irish too (made by Rudd Foods in Offaly).

I really didn't like the Lidl burgers. I can imagine they will absolutely be a winner for a lot of people though!

I really didn't like the Lidl burgers. I can imagine they will absolutely be a winner for a lot of people though!

Are they soy based or what’s in them?
    Taste like beyond meat or what’s comparable?

They look like those ones in Dunne’s which I didn’t really like. Similar packaging from memory.

They look like those ones in Dunne’s which I didn’t really like. Similar packaging from memory.

I cant remember tbh - I haven't tried the beyond meat ones. Havent tried anything I can compare it to....I realise my answer is fairly useless!!

I cant remember tbh - I haven't tried the beyond meat ones. Havent tried anything I can compare it to....I realise my answer is fairly useless!!

Lol. It’s ok. A thumbs down is enough I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

They don't seem to have wheat/gluten either so probably fine for us coeliacs.

Here is a list of the Lidl Plant Based Quarter Pounder ingredients.

Water, Pea, Coconut oil, Onion, Cellulose, Salt, Beetroot Powder, Rape Oil, Tapioca Starch, Maltodextrin, Garlic, Caramel Sugar Syrup, Flavourings, Acidulant: Sodium Acetate, Dextrose.

Here is a list of the Lidl Plant Based Quarter Pounder ingredients.

Water, Pea, Coconut oil, Onion, Cellulose, Salt, Beetroot Powder, Rape Oil, Tapioca Starch, Maltodextrin, Garlic, Caramel Sugar Syrup, Flavourings, Acidulant: Sodium Acetate, Dextrose.

Thanks. I usually like pea protein stuff so will check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Have recently ordered off the vegan menu from McGuinness takeaway on Camden street,
    Its decent enough but will have to find other options locally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Slaphead07

Yep, there's an aftertaste I don't like and I'm not fussy when it comes to veggie burgers etc.

Advertisement