Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »
    Was the article written by Kenny Powers? :)

TA...pretty much everything at the moment, even my own reflection. Every time I pass a mirror I roll my eyes. I'm finding it hard to think of anything that doesn't irritate the hell out of me at the moment. Tried to open a packet of buttons a minute ago and couldn't so ****ed them against the wall and genuinely felt angry at them like they'd personally wronged me. I almost want to stand on a plug just so I can scream at it and feel justified.

Someone in here stood on a plug recently, maybe you can go and scream at his plug? Sorry lol

TA I'm starving but also still fat. I can't reconcile these two positions. I know it took me a long time to get fat, but in my head I've been hungry for five days so I should be thin already...

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Jenna James

TA that I am very unsure of many of the people in my life's motives.

Reconnected accidentally recently with an old colleague. I presumed incorrectly he was single which I found out when we met up for a short walk. Now he's texting asking to do an outdoor coffee/walk but I think he made it clear he's in an unhappy marriage.

I'm not able to be someone's shoulder right now. Maybe I'm misreading the situation but it's making me uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,345 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I’ve been Changing alot of passwords lately and I’ve discovered that sites that don’t have a wee eye ( to show the password you’ve typed) is a pain in the ass when doing it all on the phone .
    Also that alot doesn’t seem to be a word , it’s a lot .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Reconnected accidentally recently with an old colleague. I presumed incorrectly he was single which I found out when we met up for a short walk. Now he's texting asking to do an outdoor coffee/walk but I think he made it clear he's in an unhappy marriage.

I'm not able to be someone's shoulder right now. Maybe I'm misreading the situation but it's making me uncomfortable.

Ahhh the old unhappy marriage chestnut. Funny how these guys who come out of the woodwork never seem to have happy marriages. If it makes you uncomfortable then keep him at bay for sure.

Ta the expression 'real pain for my sham friends, champagne for my real friends'. Just **** right off 🀬

• Registered Users Posts: 40,120 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

One of my favourite glasses broke in the dishwasher. another one came out with a chip on the lip.

• Advertisement

TA why do people have dishwashers ?

Sorry @ohnonotgmail :p :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I've a dishwasher in my house about 3 years now and I've used it, herself uses it but I prefer to wash dishes in the sink. You also get that nice feeling when you get to use a new sponge

• Registered Users Posts: 40,120 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I hate drying dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

I had a stressful day earlier in the week. Bit of a long story but I have osteoporosis, I have to have a blood test every 6 months and an injection a week later. Anyway I had my blood test there a few days ago. I went to the chemist to get my proscription for my injection, being organized and all that, we have to order it ourselves. Anyway I got the injection but when I looked in the bag there was another medication there (folic acid), one that I didn't order

I had 7 phone calls to my mom, my mom had 2 phone calls to the chemist and one phone call to a Doctor, to know why I was being prescribed folic acid. It turns out my bloods came back and my levels of folic acid were low, and the doctor sent a script for folic acid tablets to my chemist. We were told eventually but we could have avoided all the phone calls, me being stressed and having a headache, if the doctor rang me before he sent the script to the chemist. I have great respect for what doctors do but what if it was serious :(

Sorry for the rant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭lainey_d_123

This has happened to me several times. He's either trying to line you up as a potential love interest or use you to vent at and rinse you for sympathy etc. so annoying when people do that...you feel so used. :(

• Advertisement

This has happened to me several times. He's either trying to line you up as a potential love interest or use you to vent at and rinse you for sympathy etc. so annoying when people do that...you feel so used. :(

I guess it's good I'm recognising it immediately.

Me too, I've had this a couple times the last few months, I think they see me as lonely and vulnerable. I've learned along the way though and I told him I was busy this week and I'd contact him next week but now I don't want to at all. He lives very close by which is irritating.

Did you manage to avoid any 'weird' situations?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

I should be sleeping now but no I am wide awake with a racing head.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Run a mile! A friend's husband tried that old line on me a few years back. A couple of weeks later I saw them out walking, wrapped around each other. He's looking for a bit on the side.

madmaggie wrote: »
    Run a mile! A friend's husband tried that old line on me a few years back. A couple of weeks later I saw them out walking, wrapped around each other. He's looking for a bit on the side.

Christ on a bike! That must have been awkward :confused:

I have 0 interest in him. It was fine to catch up once but we've nothing in common.

Guess I'll be blocking everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭jaffa20

When a new show is about to begin on virgin media and the commentator voice volume suddently goes up X10 in volume!!!! Very annoying,

PsychoPete wrote: »

You also get that nice feeling when you get to use a new sponge

Are we still talking about the dishes here ??:):)

jaffa20 wrote: »
    When a new show is about to begin on virgin media and the commentator voice volume suddently goes up X10 in volume!!!! Very annoying,

Dammit I meant to buy Jaffa Cakes today :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭Gervais08

Dammit I meant to buy Jaffa Cakes today :pac:

I want a Jaffa cake now and I have none!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I wouldnt be without my dishwasher.Saying that i have an army living here.No way am i doing 14 rounds of washing up a day:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,000 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Strange notions and work practices have evolved in the house since this lockdown, by far the daftest one from today.
    Preheating the deep fat fryer(while sitting listening to a podcast in another room) so it will be warm enough for when it's used an hour later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fella strutting around the supermarket with no mask.
    The same fella that was on YouTube challenging a Garda at a check point during first lockdown.
    Fair enough if he had good reason but he's the type that likes the smell of his own farts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

People talking to you (during a phone call) with the radio on in the background. Argh!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,169 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When somebody death is in the media and the media latches onto the fact they were massively into GAA.
    The person in fact played GAA when they were about seven for a year or two and they found it out via the net/newspaper archives.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

When somebody death is in the media and the media latches onto the fact they were massively into GAA.
    The person in fact played GAA when they were about seven for a year or two and they found it out via the net/newspaper archives.

Or when they rollout the parish priest. Last time they crossed the threshold of a Church was their nephew's confirmation in 1997.

blade1 wrote: »
    challenging a Garda at a check point during first lockdown.

Fair play to him :)

TA that we were bull5h1tted about there being a lockdown , when there wasn't actually one at the time, or so we were told recently :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My dinner was horrible and i dint enjoy it. So chinese take away it is then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Cycling down the road and a car decides to suddenly veer out in front of me, no indicators - nothing, I skidded, he skidded to a stop, and then HE had the gall to honk his horn at me and shout abuse. I had my flashing lights on both front and back, I was not invisible.

Pr1ck.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,374 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I cook lunch and dinner 6 days a week. I'm not doing all those dishes by hand.

TA "Is Covid Racist?" - Tomorrow 9pm on Channel4 :mad:

Ya couldn't make it up - check your TV schedules.. :mad:

And people laugh at GOD - used to watch her when she was on YouTube; she called it - Channel4 been a disgrace for years..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Watching First Dates Abroad and I hate the way Australians called sex a "root". It's horrible and makes it sound like a procedure like a root canal.
    A guy just said to his date 'what's the difference between an egg and a beetroot?' she goes tell me and he says 'you can beat an egg but you cant beat a good root'
    Her face dropped:)
    To be fair it's kinda funny but I don't think he's gonna be getting a root tonight!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement