Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

If America implodes (e.g. via Civil war), who will come to her aid

• 14-11-2020 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

If America was to implode, let's say via a civil war, who will come to her rescue?

I'll say the Ireland and UK.

...Or can it ever implode? every nation has a connection there. a war in America, is a world war surely.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,395 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

shrewd wrote: »
    If America was to implode, let's say via a civil war, who will come to her rescue?

...Or can it ever implode? every nation has a connection there. a war in America, is a world war surely.

Leave them to it, they bought it upon themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Exactly this .

Besides they more than have the ability to end a internal conflict pretty quickly ,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Probably Will Smith , Bruce Willis and Tommy Lee Jones .
    Mel Gibson might give them a dig out too and maybe Morgan Freeman.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,792 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Nobody intervened in civil war 1861 ...

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Send in the Taliban as peacekeepers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,981 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Right I'll indulge you for a few minutes....

Why would it implode? I have not heard a single comment or suggesting to suggest a flight of fancy...

And if it was to, how would Ireland or the UK even have the capability to come to their rescue? The is just totally unrealistic.

There may well be some civil rest in coming years, but it will be quelled by the national guard it it goes that far. There definitely will not be any international intervention that you can be sure of.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

Maybe someone will invade and steal their resources in the name of introducing democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

The soy consuming comrades won’t last long

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

North Korea and China will come to aid according to Hollywood ,

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭shrewd

Jim2007 wrote: »
    Right I'll indulge you for a few minutes....

Why would it implode? I have not heard a single comment or suggesting to suggest a flight of fancy...

And if it was to, how would Ireland or the UK even have the capability to come to their rescue? The is just totally unrealistic.

There may well be some civil rest in coming years, but it will be quelled by the national guard it it goes that far. There definitely will not be any international intervention that you can be sure of.

Wars are often started from something miniscule. I dont like thier....

UK and Ireland could start the talk, round up the allies. like WW2

Most countries that has had civil wars had national guards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Nobody intervened in civil war 1861 ...

It was much further away then. By the time anyone got there it was over.

Wars are often started from something miniscule. I dont like thier....

UK and Ireland could start the talk, round up the allies. like WW2

Most countries that has had civil wars had national guards

Round up the allies?

Please elaborate.

What allies would be "rounded up"? Why would allies be needed? Would they take a side? Who's side would they be on?

Easy to say when you dont have cousins or relations there.

How many America investments are in this country.

How many American presidents have connection to UK/Ireland

Maybe someone will invade and steal their resources in the name of introducing democracy.

Sure we have our own burgers.

In what way? Irish neutrality is actually based on the bottom of not interfering with other nations internal conflicts

Easy to say when you dont have cousins or relations there.

How many America investments are in this country.

How many American presidents have connection to UK/Ireland

But I do.

Los Alamo wrote: »
    I love how these communist larpers fantasise about the revolution when most of them would struggle to carry a gun and run at the same time.

Personally I think America will eventually break up along racial lines.

Whereas all the "militia" lads that have been on display the last few months are athletes..........................

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

The evil Russians will side with the Republicans.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Personally I think America will eventually break up along racial lines.
    Oh not racial lines I think. Maybe along current political lines. There is definitely racism, but there are a lot of people who are not racist and would have no problem sharing a country with different races. And it appears to pretty much divide along the political lines.

It was much further away then. By the time anyone got there it was over.

ditto :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭oceanman

who cares..

looksee wrote: »
    would have no problem sharing a country with different races..

Well yeah, obviously they need "the help"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,694 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Jim2007 wrote: »

Not that fanciful. There are already European humanitarian organisations that have been providing food aid to impoverished Americans for several years, and only last week Medécins sans Frontières sent a delegation to assist with providing on-the-ground health care services as the country is now ranked as one of the "hottest" of disease hot-zones and unable to manage its own problems.

I doubt there'd be too much need for any kind of peace-keeping force, though. If there's any kind of implosion, the first reaction locally will be for the more rational states to secede and either set themselves up as independent republics (e.g. Hawaii, California) or enter into a new, smaller union (e.g. the North-Eastern states).

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Halenvaneddie

Whereas all the "militia" lads that have been on display the last few months are athletes..........................

Armed to the teeth athletes

• Registered Users Posts: 19,906 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

The countries who go to help would essentially be invading forces who would want to take control (or at least influence) in the way the Russians and allies did in Europe at the end of ww2.

So Ireland would be well out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Mexico. A great bunch of lads.

At least they know how to use guns. The average left wing soy probably cries when he hears a gunshot.

Yeah, those paper targets really know how to put up a fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,014 ✭✭✭✭looksee

At least they know how to use guns. The average left wing soy probably cries when he hears a gunshot.

I do hope this is not a thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

tenor.gif?itemid=11858798

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I wouldn't be russian over there myself. If thee bullets don't get you, the coronavirus certainly will

Advertisement