Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parkside Homes New Development (Balgriffin)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

powerstar wrote: »
    Hi, All of 3 beds are terraced houses, How is the sound insulation for them? Can you hear from your neighbors?

End of terrace is 10K more compared to mid terrace, Even end of terrace has potential to get noise from one side of the house. So does it make sense to spend 10k extra?

Does any one know about visitor parking spaces, I know every house has 2 parking spaces but not sure about visitor parking.

Any advise for people already moved in much appreciated.

Hello Powerstar

We haven't moved in but we paid a deposit for an end of terrace type B. The reasons for going with end of terrace were: bigger rear garden, private and direct access to rear garden, we won't have noise from at least one side. On the other hand it will probably be colder.

Hope it helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irene_g555

Hi guys,

Any advice or company recommendation for the the snagging list? I've looked at homesnag.ie that someone recommended here,but to have a couple of options just in case.

Also, any information on flooring, home insurance and alarms would be really appreciated. We are first time buyers and not from Ireland so it's difficult to start looking for stuff when you don't have any idea.

Thanks a million.

Irene

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Gaz

... On the other hand it will probably be colder.

Dont worry about that, these houses are ridiculously warm, uncomfortably so at times. My house is constantly 22-25 degrees, been in about 6 weeks and the heating has never been used.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bigred0823

Hi all,

We are going to sign contracts and pay the big deposit today. For those already in the estate, how long was it between signing contracts and closing? Thanks!!!

Bigred0823 wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are going to sign contracts and pay the big deposit today. For those already in the estate, how long was it between signing contracts and closing? Thanks!!!

Hey bigred, we heard that the builders will be on holidays from the 15th to 31st July, you'll need to factor that in.

We are also interested as hopefully we will be singing next week

• Advertisement

Hey bigred, we heard that the builders will be on holidays from the 15th to 31st July, you'll need to factor that in.

We are also interested as hopefully we will be singing next week

That is good to know. Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

We are interested in Type A 3 storey houses but at the moment all west-facing are gone - only around 6 north-facing left. We are trying to decide whether take north-facing one or wait till next phase (which will be next year, and very possibly with a price bump). Anyone know if the facing might be a problem for those houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tom2715

In relation to snagging note that you will most likely need 2/3 inspections (depending on how things go and how fussy you are), so get someone trusted. Our overall experience with the builder has been very positive as any snags/issues pointed out were relatively minor and dealt with promptly. Sometimes they miss a thing or two, but would look after it once remained. They are onsite all the time anyway and not going anywhere any time soon.
    House insurance: shop around plenty of options out there. I suggest going to whoever you bank with and they will sort you out in no time.
    House alarm: again number of different options available, have a look at the neighbouring houses, see what others went for and select one of them. The benefit of doing so is that the company that will be installing your alarm is already familiar with the place and the type of the house.
    Flooring: went with Carpetright and had a very dissipating experience. Service was very good, no delays etc, floors were done well too, but the person who did the floors had also done a lot of damages to the house (walls, doors and ceilings) and left the place in a total mess. Thankfully, the builder fixed all of the damages perfectly and the only negative consequence was that the whole incident made us waiting two more days before we could move in. We possibly were unlucky as from what I heard, other people who used Carpetright were more fortunate i.e. different crew did their floors. We would never ever use them again! (would prefer to go with Des Kelly instead).

Overall, the house is fantastic and we are very happy with it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

We viewed Parkside yesterday and were very impressed, could I ask a few quick questions?

Is there any issue in getting Sky/Virgin Media for the TV/Broadband?

Looking at the map on the brochure, the land to the east, south & west is all designated "future development", is there any detail on what that development would be? -I'd just be wary that it might end up being something undesirable...

A few earlier comments mentioned the next phase of Parkside being released in September; I'd imagine that is what some of the "future development" refers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Tom2715

We viewed Parkside yesterday and were very impressed, could I ask a few quick questions?

Looking at the map on the brochure, the land to the east, south & west is all designated "future development", is there any detail on what that development would be? -I'd just be wary that it might end up being something undesirable...

A few earlier comments mentioned the next phase of Parkside being released in September; I'd imagine that is what some of the "future development" refers?

No issues with tv/internet transferred virgin tv/broadband from our old place to Parkside with a single phonecall before moving in so everything was set and ready onec we were in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 notkenny

Sales girl told me they have planning permission for more than 400 houses there and then I found below article.

I can't post links but I saw in Irish times article they also said same.

Below text from Irish times article
    " Currently the group’s largest development, the c. 50 acre Parkside site has zoning potential for a total of 433 homes when complete and Cairn expects to complete the first 200 homes before the end of 2016."

We are also wondering what will be there, and when will it be opened. A shortcut to the hole on the wall road through east or south would halve the time it takes to walk to the station.

I heard a school is being on one of the areas around parkside, but not sure which one

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭FuzzyDunlop100

We are also wondering what will be there, and when will it be opened. A shortcut to the hole on the wall road through east or south would halve the time it takes to walk to the station.

I heard a school is being on one of the areas around parkside, but not sure which one

Seemingly the school is going on the land to the South West of Parkside, they (Cairn Homes) have the land to the South & East & are going ahead with the next phase of Parkside.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ahappychappy

The two schools of Belmayne are meant to move from their temp location. So Educate together and St. Francis will be moving to the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭GoodBridge

There'll be two more roads in/out: one will be where the temporary car park is now and the other will be at where priory hall is now. So if you were going to the train station this'd be the way to go. It'll make it about a 10 minute walk for most residents.

GoodBridge wrote: »

There'll be two more roads in/out: one will be where the temporary car park is now and the other will be at where priory hall is now. So if you were going to the train station this'd be the way to go. It'll make it about a 10 minute walk for most residents.

Thanks @Goodbridge

I hope they will open one of those soon as it will make a big difference. The first time we were in Parkside we decided not to buy as it seemed too far from the station, but when we came back we realised is actually quite close, is just that now you have to go around.

They seem to be selling all the types A and end of terrace fairly quickly, but some of the mid terrace have been there for the month and a half we have been going to see the showroom. I wonder if that will impact the plans for future developments, maybe they will make different types, more four beds. Although I have no idea how quickly these are supposed to be sold to start the new phases.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Diceyp

Hi
    We have bought 3 bed in parkside close...anyone else bought here? Wat timelines are u being given for house being ready to snag?? They keep pushing back the date...told us start of August but can't see that happening with builders going on hols next week!

Diceyp wrote: »
    Hi
    We have bought 3 bed in parkside close...anyone else bought here? Wat timelines are u being given for house being ready to snag?? They keep pushing back the date...told us start of August but can't see that happening with builders going on hols next week!

We put the rest of our deposit down Thursday and signed contracts. I contacted the project manager to ask when the house would be ready to snag and she confirmed its ready to go. She did confirm as per a previous poster that the builders are off from Friday for two weeks so we will organise a snag after they return.

We put the rest of our deposit down Thursday and signed contracts. I contacted the project manager to ask when the house would be ready to snag and she confirmed its ready to go. She did confirm as per a previous poster that the builders are off from Friday for two weeks so we will organise a snag after they return.

Did u also buy in the close?? We haven't signed contracts yet but hoping to do so next week. Went up and looked at house few days ago and the roads and paths down that end were still unfinished so can't see it being ready early August.

Diceyp wrote: »
    Did u also buy in the close?? We haven't signed contracts yet but hoping to do so next week. Went up and looked at house few days ago and the roads and paths down that end were still unfinished so can't see it being ready early August.

No, we are on Parkside Drive. Our house looked unfinished for awhile but once we gave a deposit we saw a lot more going on. Hopefully you'll hear good news after the builders holidays.

• Advertisement

No, we are on Parkside Drive. Our house looked unfinished for awhile but once we gave a deposit we saw a lot more going on. Hopefully you'll hear good news after the builders holidays.

Yes will be able to put more pressure on once we sign contracts hopefully. Good luck in ur new home!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭shawnxxiong

Thanks @Goodbridge

I hope they will open one of those soon as it will make a big difference. The first time we were in Parkside we decided not to buy as it seemed too far from the station, but when we came back we realised is actually quite close, is just that now you have to go around.

They seem to be selling all the types A and end of terrace fairly quickly, but some of the mid terrace have been there for the month and a half we have been going to see the showroom. I wonder if that will impact the plans for future developments, maybe they will make different types, more four beds. Although I have no idea how quickly these are supposed to be sold to start the new phases.

The sales guy told me next phase will be start in 2017 - date not specified though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Olliemcc

Hi we are moving to the Close - I spoke with Jillian yesterday and they should have a schedule done by end if week for snagging on the close. We were told second or third week in August so hoping that it's still around the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 vijayaha

Hi, Are there any secondary schools close to Parkside? There are 3 primary schools but I dont see any secondary school near by.

Any info on this?

Thank you

Hi all, just got our snag list done. Anyone have any idea how long it takes from snag list to keys? We had it done Tuesday but haven't received the report so hoping it's all minor things.

Snagging process was quick, if your mortgage is in place, you should have keys within 2 weeks.
    One thing to note, dont worry too much if you missed the odd (small) thing in your snag. The finishing foreman is great and will sort out any issues for you. We are in 3 months now and only today I got an issue fixed. The builders have been great :)

Gaz wrote: »
    Snagging process was quick, if your mortgage is in place, you should have keys within 2 weeks.
    One thing to note, dont worry too much if you missed the odd (small) thing in your snag. The finishing foreman is great and will sort out any issues for you. We are in 3 months now and only today I got an issue fixed. The builders have been great :)

That is great news! Thanks. Looking forward to getting in and settled.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mmarika

Hi,

I'm looking for a Parkside community on Facebook. I couldn't find it. Could anybody give me a link?

Just search for Parkside,Balgriffin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭delux

Has anyone heard what the prices for phase 2 will be?
    I heard the nearby Belltree had a massive jump in price for the new phase there!

Advertisement