Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asthma & Corona

• 12-03-2020 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Asmatics,

What precautions are you taking?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Asmatics,

What precautions are you taking?

The guidelines given by the Hse and local health services are what we are all trying to abide by.. Be more aware and less socially interactive seem to be major things.. Please call your own gp, call first is important, get advice over the phone for your own specific circumstances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

Personally, I'm taking my brown inhaler every day even though I don't usually need it. Follow the recommendations on social isolating and contact your gp if you feel unwell.
    The AsthmaUK site has good guidelines
    https://www.asthma.org.uk/coronavirus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

The Irish Asthma society have updated their site with new advice

https://www.asthma.ie/news/coronavirus-covid-19-advice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

My GP told me asthmatics not doing too badly with corona and blood pressure of greater concern. Probably all conjecture and anecdotal at the moment but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,949 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I am completely freaked to be honest. Have bad asthma, prone to bad chest infections. Have pneumonia several times when I was younger, intensive care once.

Currently on serotide, ventolin and reasonably fit for someone my age.

I am away from shops and doing advanced social distancing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Waternotsoda

I am completely freaked to be honest. Have bad asthma, prone to bad chest infections. Have pneumonia several times when I was younger, intensive care once.

Currently on serotide, ventolin and reasonably fit for someone my age.

I am away from shops and doing advanced social distancing.

I think thats all you can do for now. Hopefully we get a good summer and it subsides. Best wishes.

Advertisement