Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Mi 9T

• 23-05-2019 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭

Looks like there's a new (updated?) Mi model coming soon.
    Same as Mi 9.
    Except...
    It'll have a larger battery (4000mAh?)
    Also a base 128gb model and also a larger 256gb.

Now imho this turns a very good phone into a mouth watering prospect!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Edit
    Elsewhere rumour has it that this will be the K20 & K20 Pro in Europe (Poland is mentioned).

Edit 2
    And more reports saying this will be the Pocophone F2.

The new model number is M1903F10G.

Perhaps they'll be a couple of new similar models with subtle differences?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

When is it due to be announced.

Perhaps May 28th.
    That's when the Redmi K20 and K20 Pro get officially launched (in China) anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

If this is the Redmi K20 Pro global version then this is my next phone. The specs are incredible for the rumored price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭basill

If this is the Redmi K20 Pro global version then this is my next phone. The specs are incredible for the rumored price.

https://www.gsmarena.com/redmi_k20_pro_arrives_with_snapdragon_855_and_48_mp_camera-news-37250.php

Looks like the camera array has been moved to the side compared with the K20 which has it up the middle.
    I'd also expect this to have wireless charging?

Rumour has it the Mi 9T will be launched in Europe on 10th June 2019

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bodonnell

Has a snapdragon 730 unlike the 855 in original.
    €373 on honorbuy

• Advertisement

bodonnell wrote: »
    Has a snapdragon 730 unlike the 855 in original.
    €373 on honorbuy

it's the same phone as the K20

https://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_mi_9t_retail_box_leaks_confirms_its_a_rebadged_redmi_k20-news-37333.php

silly confusing branding

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

glasso wrote: »
    Not the same price but ☹️☹️

Official launch date confirmed as July 12th!

How much of a difference would there be from the Mi9T and the Mi9T Pro? Would the snapdragon 730 and 855 be world's apart? What about 8gb of RAM over 6gb?

I feel like these things will only make a difference if you play games etc. I don't at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,944 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Be a bit silly to market it as the poco F2 when the chip is inferior to the F1.

Also, looks like that camera is proud of the back, which would be annoying as it wouldn't sit flat on a surface

Or just get a case!
    Then camera bump doesn't matter so much. (It is glass after all)

The 8GB memory will be more useful for multitasking so that when you swap between apps they don't reload but are instantly loaded from memory in the state you left them.

Ok so the more memory the more fluid the experience for swapping between apps.

But for normal day to day usage 6gb is perfectly fine.

Another official confirmation.
    The audio jack is back!

https://twitter.com/Xiaomi/status/1136165759833595904?s=09

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭sleepysniper

Wish it had an SD card slot. I'd take expandable storage over the jack tbh.

Latest rumour is that there will only be one version of the Mi 9T launched, which will be the K20 with the Snapdragon 730 chip.

We'll know on the 12th June when the Mi 9T launches.

If true then it follows that the K20 PRO could be launched later (July?) as the Pocofone F2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

biebiebie wrote: »
    Latest rumour is that there will only be one version of the Mi 9T launched, which will be the K20 with the Snapdragon 730 chip.

We'll know on the 12th June when the Mi 9T launches.

If true then it follows that the K20 PRO could be launched later (July?) as the Pocofone F2.

The Xiaomi Mi 9T will go on sale on June 17 and will have a special price of €299 for the launch day only (or until supplies last). The normal price will be €329 for the 6GB/64GB model and €369 for the 6GB/128GB one. No sign of Mi 9T Pro

The Xiaomi Mi 9T will go on sale on June 17 and will have a special price of €299 for the launch day only (or until supplies last). The normal price will be €329 for the 6GB/64GB model and €369 for the 6GB/128GB one. No sign of Mi 9T Pro

I wanted the Pro version but I'm not sure there's really much difference. 6gb of ram is more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,933 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

I was going to get this for herself over the Mi9 SE, but it's a tad too big for her. SE is the same size as her current phone I think, just with more screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭KaneToad

What site will give you the €299 price?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

KaneToad wrote: »
    What site will give you the €299 price?

Spanish mi store and amazon.es I think

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Hi guys,

While I love xiaomi phones and currently use a Xiaomi Mi8 myself, be aware that it's highly likely that the Mi9T will have a tonne of bugs when it's released, the same way the Mi8 did.

When the mi 8 was released, GPS didn't work, there were Bluetooth issues, notifications didn't show on the status bar etc etc. Some of these bugs took months to fix so just keep that in mind.

Personally I don't like MUI so currently my Mi 8 runs on the fantastic pixel experience ROM and sphinx kernal.

If you really want to keep MUI on your MI9T, I would highly recommend the ROM from xiaomi.eu

If you stick to the 'global' ROM, Google pay won't work but it will work on the ROM from Xiaomi.eu

• Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

That seems like a lot of bad luck as with the note 4x I did not experience any major bugs or problems.
    Wondering now if the seller of my usual choice will give a discount too but 330 is a good price anyway. Hilariously the mi.uk page does not have it listed yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Did anyone bite the bullet on one of these? Cheap enough on Honorbuy EU Direct ATM. (Around 330 for the 128GB model) and got decent battery reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

rizzee wrote: »
    Did anyone bite the bullet on one of these? Cheap enough on Honorbuy EU Direct ATM. (Around 330 for the 128GB model) and got decent battery reviews.

I got one from Amazon.es, 64gb model. Really good phone, battery and camera are great and screen nice and clear. so far so good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,403 ✭✭✭Harika

Torn between the 9t and the mi mix 3. 40 Euro difference. Was looking at the note 7 before but the notch annoys me

Advertisement