Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭Ole Rodrigo

daragh_ wrote: »
    Boardsie in Black/Pink heading to Laragh via the Sally Gap today around 1:15

Think that was me - howiya :) Where you at the crossroads on the gap with another chap ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

Think that was me - howiya :) Where you at the crossroads on the gap with another chap ?

Not at the crossroads. Two of us coming up from Laragh towards the Gap. St. Tiernan's.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Boardsie in Black/Pink heading to Laragh via the Sally Gap today around 1:15

Myself, recognised you too late to say hi. Lots of Tiernans jerseys out there today.

Not at the crossroads. Two of us coming up from Laragh towards the Gap. St. Tiernan's.
    smacl wrote: »
    Myself, recognised you too late to say hi. Lots of Tiernans jerseys out there today.

Ah right - just missed yis. Took a right coming up from Luggala to head back to Rathfarnham.

smacl wrote: »

Was a great day to be out! I would have kept spinning but there was a big push to get back for the Rugby.

We had 3 groups out today - but we weren't the biggest club out. I saw a big Bray Wheeler group going up the S.E.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I saw a big Bray Wheeler group going up the S.E.

Home turf for the Bray lads.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Home turf for the Bray lads.

True that!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I think I spotted someone in the new kit near Kilsallaghan at ~10:20 this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Met a lad near Powerscourt Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭NeedMoreGears

Thought I saw a pink/green jersey climbing southbound from enniskerry towards balinastoe Saturday around 1145. I was pink boards Jersey heading down the hill.

• Advertisement

I think I spotted someone in the new kit near Kilsallaghan at ~10:20 this morning.

Pretty sure that was me, heading for Ratoath.

Think that was me, heading towards Sally Gap.
    Thought I saw a pink/green jersey climbing southbound from enniskerry towards balinastoe Saturday around 1145. I was pink boards Jersey heading down the hill.

Where you in a bunch with some Swords CC ? If so that was probably myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

That was me failing miserably on my first attempt up the wall (well the bit after the cross roads anyway). It's a lot shorter then I thought so should have kept going and not wussed out. Was nice to meet you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

Crocked wrote: »
    That was me failing miserably on my first attempt up the wall (well the bit after the cross roads anyway). It's a lot shorter then I thought so should have kept going and not wussed out. Was nice to meet you.

I said nurren :D not even the precise location......
    You'll have to go at it from the Glencree side makes it twice as long.....
    My buddies had stopped at the cross roads to allow the heart drop slightly...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Crocked

I said nurren :D not even the precise location......
    You'll have to go at it from the Glencree side makes it twice as long.....
    My buddies had stopped at the cross roads to allow the heart drop slightly...

Noble by name, noble by nature

I may have to get some new lungs on the black market before I attempt the full length of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

On my way up Turlough Hill today I was passed by someone in a full boards kit. Curiosity got the better of me so I kept with him.

It was Wishbone Ash. In fairness, it wouldn't be right to have a random encounter with WA anywhere except on a climb :D

Sound bloke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

I saw someone heading out of Malahide towards Swords at about 12.00pm. You looked tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Raam wrote: »
    I saw someone heading out of Malahide towards Swords at about 12.00pm. You looked tired!

:) I'd say that was me, tired I was, ain't been out in a couple of weeks and I hit a real wall in the middle of my spin today

Was that you cruising by at the school

whacker00 wrote: »
    :) I'd say that was me, tired I was, ain't been out in a couple of weeks and I hit a real wall in the middle of my spin today

Was that you cruising by at the school

Yep, t'was me.
    You had Altura leg warmers I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭whacker00

Yep, t'was me.
    You had Altura leg warmers I think.

You were going well, or just significantly better than myself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Nothing worse than someone saying this to you an you're thinking jaysus I was flying today, best I've felt in a while. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Spotted two today:

1. Chain Whip in green splendour but in a spot of bother at The Featherbeds (Hope you got home alright).
    2. Original navy/orange kit southbound on Ballyboden Road at approx. 5pm (didn't cop you until you had passed by - hence no wave/shout).

• Registered Users Posts: 24,948 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote: »
    On my way up Turlough Hill today I was passed by someone in a full boards kit. Curiosity got the better of me so I kept with him.

It was Wishbone Ash. In fairness, it wouldn't be right to have a random encounter with WA anywhere except on a climb :D

Sound bloke.
    Nice meeting you crosstownk and thanks for your directions over Sorrell Hill. :)

That was my 3rd training spin of the year. Commutes to work don't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭ChainWhip

Spotted two today:

1. Chain Whip in green splendour but in a spot of bother at The Featherbeds (Hope you got home alright).
    2. Original navy/orange kit southbound on Ballyboden Road at approx. 5pm (didn't cop you until you had passed by - hence no wave/shout).

You were my knight in shining lycra WA! I got going and home no bother. And I'll put a few quid in the poor box to even out the karma. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

That was my 3rd training spin of the year. Commutes to work don't count.

Why?

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    Why?

Why what?

Why what?

Why do commutes to work not count as training spins?

Why do commutes to work not count as training spins?

Yes.

Yes.

Yes to a why question. Very mature.

• Advertisement

Yes to a why question. Very mature.

I ain't your bleedin' answer-box.

Advertisement