Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The serious thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Ok fair enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,448 ✭✭✭✭joes girls

What happened to the old count thread, you know the one that was stickyed!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

It and a load of old stickies were finally de-stickied after Sticky Tuesday ended.

What the shag was sticky tuesday???

Sarky sticked about 50 oooold threads on a Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Do at least TRY to pay attention or work things out for yourself.

Pruning thread to remove the utter crap.

Everyone read the first post again. You are all clearly having trouble understanding it. My patience has run out, and the aforementioned extreme and unfair prejudice will be applied to everyone who has posted on this thread if it continues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Okay :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

If someone has posted in the 'Post Here to get banned extreme stupidity filter" thread in the past

showthread.php?t=2055627474

can you get some immunity in that thread without getting banned again?....just not much happening in that thread lately....might be more exciting if there were 1 day/ 1week bans as opposed to 3 week/ 1 month bans.....

No, I think I'll stick with leaving immunity to those who have made a major contribution to "silleh" at the moderators' discretion. And the ban length will only ever increase.

• Advertisement

Not a tcn question, or even an important one, but Sarky, you are a mod. Why's your name not in bold font like the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Sarky wrote: »
    No, I think I'll stick with leaving immunity to those who have made a major contribution to "silleh" at the moderators' discretion. And the ban length will only ever increase.

surely banning more folk for less time would be better for all concerned?

you could ban the same person several times an hour, the Mod equivalent of the

pddlebll.png

Fago! wrote: »
    Not a tcn question, or even an important one, but Sarky, you are a mod. Why's your name not in bold font like the rest?

Probably something to do with the days way back when I was a Hmod. <shrug>

BBDBB wrote: »
    surely banning more folk for less time would be better for all concerned?

you could ban the same person several times an hour, the Mod equivalent of the <image>

That would trivialise the concept of banning, and cause me a hell of a lot more work to boot. I'm not looking to ban as many people as possible, no moderator worth their salt would be that eager to empty their forum.

What I am looking to do is teach a lesson: that thread is for people who are too stupid to realise that posting there has a consequence, and anyone who ignores the OP or all the bans that have so far been meted out, and posts there without immunity will be treated as someone who's just done something extremely stupid.

Call it mean, or bad modding, or whatever you like. But I'm not going to mollycoddle users like the rest of Boards. They can use common sense or they can send me a shocked PM demanding why I banned them from a thread that clearly states what happens when you post there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭James T Kirk

Would just like to say that I have been guilty of quite a lot of chat in non-chat threads here. This shall henceforth be rectified. Apart from the purpose-built chat thread (and a line or two in the count one) my gob will be shut.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

<crazy frog youtube video>

I believe the original post, with its very explicit warnings, was made quite clear.

I would probably have left kerash alone if he/she had avoided this thread in his/her whiny spamfest.

There is no possible way anyone could feel hard done by after doing something like this. I'm sure I'll be eating those words later, alas.

Kerash, you're banned for two months. You knew damn well what posting non-serious rubbish in this thread would lead to.

Well thinks it wont bother her that much to be honest!!!
    Good to see ya Kerash, even if it was short lived:)

You're right. I'll upgrade the ban to 6 months. Good work, joes girls. That's just about enough for me to forgive you joining in. Don't try my patience again.

:( your takin away my freedom, again!!!

None of what you've been posting here has any merit, and thus I'm getting rid of it. Kindly stop, or I'll ban you for a year.

• Advertisement

But why lock a thread, just cause you dont find it fun, alot of what you post does nothing for me, but i dont bother bringing that up!

You haven't been paying attention at all over the last 8 months, have you?

I suggest you start by reading the charter. There are some big words in there, so you might want to get an adult to help.

If you post in this thread once more in the next month, and your post isn't serious and actually planned out in advance, you're gone forever, is that clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sarky why is it that you never hang out in the Facial hair & Hats forum?
    Methinks that many people could benefit from your beard grooming/styling advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055953913

Just wondered if I can post another line if someone else has posted since my previous post or is it just one line per poster for the entire story:confused:

Thanks

Fluffy:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Just wondered if I can post another line if someone else has posted since my previous post or is it just one line per poster for the entire story:confused:

Thanks

Fluffy, there really aren't many rules here - preferable brake them if you will. So no need to comply with the "rules" that in thread at all (but: rules do apply in this thread and also keep in mind the general rules that apply to Boards.ie).

So go on, go mad!! post whatever cheers you up in there!

Sarky why is it that you never hang out in the Facial hair & Hats forum?
    Methinks that many people could benefit from your beard grooming/styling advice.

In truth, I don't know why I've been neglecting that forum. I've had a lot of stuff happening in Real Life over the last while, I suppose it's easy to lose sight of one's priorities.

I'll try to post there more often.

Thanks

sNarah pretty much has the right of it. This is The Cuckoo's Nest. The only rules that should be heeded are those of the moderators (all collated nicely in the big old friendly charter near the top of the forum, and even they can sometimes be ignored, especially if it's REALLY FUNNY), and anyone telling you otherwise is severely misguided as to the nature of this place. You post whatever you like wherever you like. Mess up the count with pictures of pecan pie, then delete them later to throw everyone off.GEt yourself a girlfriend and brag about it in the Singles Only thread. Post pictures of Gary Busey everywhere. Whatever. TCN is not like other fora here, a fact far too many people seem to forget.

Is that it? I had no idea. Makes sense.

I would add a further little interesting detail to that. I only subscribed for 1 year, way way back in 2005 or thereabouts, back when the easiest way to do it was go to a beers and give an admin €50 worth of alcohol.

It has been like that ever since. I know it shouldn't. Hell, I even mentioned it in the Subscribers forum ages ago, so nobody can accuse me of milking it. It would be amusing if this was the post that finally sorted it out, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Sarky.....its something I've been thinking about for a while. TCN has slowly been returning to its former glory....dare I ask.....

Sould we open that thread?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

You dare mention that thread? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Sarky, in all seriousness.

Can I put it in your bum?

Advertisement