Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The wait is killing me!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.

This happened to us...forced their hand. They had no intention of actually selling. Wasted 12 weeks of house searching and mortgage approval.

Gone sale agreed for a second time.

Give them an ultimatum, some contact/update or you're pulling your offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Underground

Lol - I'm less than four weeks sale agreed and was getting worried about lack of progress on the vendor's side, then I read this thread and now feel like an absolute idiot. Live and learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Lol - I'm less than four weeks sale agreed and was getting worried about lack of progress on the vendor's side, then I read this thread and now feel like an absolute idiot. Live and learn!

Lol, thankfully the sales in this thread are the exception not the rule. I'd say you are running into Christmas/January annual leave season for progress but hopefully you get contracts soon. Waiting around is not nice in any sale.

Our sale has just changed a bit, we have to try close it from a different angle now but everything is set up properly so not worried just a bit frustrated that Christmas is basically an added delay. We also have to balance the 30 day extension to loan of offer with re application next month. It will all be worth it in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Nothing at all to do with the EA

They are glorified car salesmen

They get a listing up and find a buyer
    They then pretend to try to speed things up while speaking out of both sides of their mouth to the two parties.

Solicitors do all the work - slowly

Agree very much with this.

Mortgage drawdown yesterday, so hoping to get the hands on the keys before Christmas (hopeful, I know).

The whole process has been a pain, from start to finish.

I believe the whole process of buying/selling is crap and leads to unnecessary anxiety/stress, for everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Fia11

Agree very much with this.

Mortgage drawdown yesterday, so hoping to get the hands on the keys before Christmas (hopeful, I know).

The whole process has been a pain, from start to finish.

I believe the whole process of buying/selling is crap and leads to unnecessary anxiety/stress, for everyone involved.
    Hopeful, but possible! We got keys 2 days after drawdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

Close to signing and hopefully in end of January, there was a hold with the bank saying they sent out mortgage pack x 2 but they enver arrived, in the end I went in and collected the pack and hand delivered to my solicitor.

Patch of land at back of house that no one owns so that still to be sorted but at this stage I dont care about that bit, solicitor said hold back 5K till thats sorted which could take years. This year has felt like years, we've had 3 sale agreeds only for 2 to fall through and now so close!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sueffun

That's a nice Christmas present.
    If you dont mind me asking why did two of your sale agree houses fall through and was it after quite a time.
    I'm 12 weeks sale agreed and heard nothing from anyone. I have to plan everything to the day as we are moving over from South Africa, so at the moment I can't organise the container, cats or our house in SA.
    It's going to be frustrating if it falls through, I can't just pop over and find another house.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭scarepanda

We will be sale agreed 12 weeks on the 6th of January and it's been radio silence since then from the vendors. I had to chase the EA to get the letter with everyone's details issued, the vendors went off on holidays without giving them their solicitor details.

Our solicitor has been trying to make contact with theirs for the last few weeks, but when it got so close to Christmas we didn't want to be packing up and moving with the kids etc. So come the 6th of January we will be starting up put pressure on the EA to get the vendors moving. We are very very close to pulling the plug ourselves but like another poster we haven't seen any other properties, so we're not sure what's the best way to go about things.

If it does arise that they don't actually want to sell, is there any way for us to recoup our costs from getting the place surveyed etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

scarepanda wrote: »

If it does arise that they don't actually want to sell, is there any way for us to recoup our costs from getting the place surveyed etc?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 3,435 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Figured as much, but worth asking. The whole process really is to the favour of the vendor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

scarepanda wrote: »
    Figured as much, but worth asking. The whole process really is to the favour of the vendor.

Ya think so?

Sueffun wrote: »
    That's a nice Christmas present.
    If you dont mind me asking why did two of your sale agree houses fall through and was it after quite a time.
    I'm 12 weeks sale agreed and heard nothing from anyone. I have to plan everything to the day as we are moving over from South Africa, so at the moment I can't organise the container, cats or our house in SA.
    It's going to be frustrating if it falls through, I can't just pop over and find another house.

First one they couldn’t find deed after 3 months of waiting, 2nd one the house had problems with sewage system, would have needed planning and circa 10k to sort

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭ontheditch2

Went sale agreed end of January.
    No progress and started looking again in June. Decided to withdraw offer.
    Went sale agreed on 2nd house in August.
    Between issues on our side and theirs, got the keys today.
    Hopefully, won't have to go through this process ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Took me two months after sale agreed to keys in hand mortgage not cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciarajl

We did it a little backwards and viewed/offered before we got AIP I did a little timeline out to show the key dates

Viewed Monday 12th August
    Offer accepted Thursday 15th August
    Approval in Principal Tuesday 24th September (credit report issues to be explained to bank for approval!!)
    Valuer came to view house Thursday 26th September
    Survey Saturday 28th September
    2nd viewing Wednesday 30th October ( we wanted to measure up and see it again :))
    Received contracts Wednesday 6th November
    Requested certifications re: works to the house 12th November
    Signed contracts, subject to certificates and paid remaining deposit Friday 22nd November
    Certificates received, contracts released, solicitor fees paid Tuesday 3rd December
    Seller signed contracts received, life policy and deed of assignment given to bank Tuesday 10th December
    Funds requested from bank Wednesday 11th December
    Funds received from bank Friday 20th December and received our keys same day under a lot of rushing and pressure as everyone was closing for Christmas.

Delighted to finally have the keys!

Getting closer, there's a strip of land in between our house and next door, hammering out the details with the solicitors on that, think will hold 10k back till seller has strip of land adjoined to our plot. Started looking for mortgages this time last year, will not be doing this process again any time soon!!

7 months and 1 day after sale agreed...we are closing next week. Bank accepted qualification of title (fix going on in the background). Has to close before the letter of offer extension runs out. Delirious. Disbelief. I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to someone complaining about a few weeks delay ever again :p

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

7 1/2 months since we went sale agreed, mortgage funds were drawn down today... approval offer expiring in 4 days! The snagging was only completed yesterday, so I guess we wait to see whether we get all the big fixes done by next week.

Excited to move in.. whenever we get the keys! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭twiddleypop

I went sale agreed before Christmas. Probate sale and was under the impression house was not occupied. Signed contracts 18th of January and thought sale was closing following week. Solicitor drew down mortgage funds. I was then told that the current occupants are refusing to leave! They are the sons of the deceased. Now I'm wondering should my solicitor have requested funds before we had a definite closing and should I have been informed the house was occupied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Any luck with closing?

I'm nearly 18 weeks sale agreed and no contact from anyone or updates since week 12. The probate was supposedly due to be sorted 6 weeks ago but there's been radio silence since then. Still no contracts issued. Waiting for the EA to get back to me now again. At this stage I feel like pulling out completely as I'm sick of being in the dark. On the other hand I haven't seen any other properties that interest me.

So 24 weeks sale agreed and zero updates since week 12. I'm now waiting 2 weeks for a response from the EA since my last enquiry. My bank valuation has expired. I'm thoroughly fed up at this stage. There's now a couple of houses that have come on the market that I'm interested in, so going to start viewing again this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Uglysoik1

Sale agreed since start of October. Solicitor got contracts at the end of November. My solicitor was off all month of December. I've been chasing all this month, finally this week we got response back for queries from the other side and solicitor started working on it.

So it's been 16 weeks now and the excitement is gone completely. There are definitely more properties in the the market that I'm interested in,don't know if I should pull out completely from this or hang on ðŸ˜ðŸ˜•

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭aaakev

3 months and 4 days. Sale agreed 11th june 2019 and got the keys 15th September 2019. House we bought was repossessed and everyone said it would take ages. I told my solicitor I needed it pushed on as we were in a Deadline to be out of a rented house by 1st September and that he would be glad to see the back of me after it, he laughed. I melted their heads when things weren't moving and it worked, even the estate agent was surprised we got it closed so quickly as he was expecting 6 months at least. When we went in to sign the deeds a few weeks after we moved in he said he missed my daily calls haha

I decided to be the pain in the hole they just wanted to get rid of quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

We put an offer in on a house last Thursday morning and we're still waiting to hear back. My head is wrecked trying to figure out what is going on!

Woshy wrote: »
    We put an offer in on a house last Thursday morning and we're still waiting to hear back. My head is wrecked trying to figure out what is going on!
    Pick up the phone and find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Clock starts for me today, offer accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

Uglysoik1 wrote: »
    Pick up the phone and find out.

EA not answering/returning calls and has not replied to an email my husband sent. It's been a week now since we made the offer.

I forgot how much I hate all this bidding/dealing with EA stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

Went sale agreed in June 2019 got keys in September same year, friend of mine went sale agreed on a new build in March, moved in the week after us, just takes as long as it takes.

Drawdown ended up very hairy with a last minute home insurance issue. Our extended letter of offer was expiring on Monday at 4pm and it drew down at about 3 lol. Waiting for keys as the last hurdle is fixed, should be 10 days or so. Considering the almost 8 month wait 10 days truly is nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Highcontrast1

solicitors have set a completion date, is this the same date that you get the keys? do you have to wait till the funds are drawn? trying to figure out all the steps involved.

• Advertisement

Contracts finally signed both sides after just under 5 months sale agreed. Now, I am wondering how long until I get the keys? I asked my solicitor the same question this morning, she said she'll be in touch during the week.
    Tick tock tick tock
    🙄🙄

Advertisement