Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

MFPM wrote: »
    Nonsense. Most of the Irish media is owned by Denis O'Brien who is above any suspicion of being on the left. Newstalk for example is overwhelmingly right wing in it's presentation - Shane Coleman, Paul Williams (now gone) George Hook (just gone) Kierna Cuddihy, Johnathan Healy, Pat Kenny, Ivan Yates - not one of them could be described as remotely left. The SINDO rag is overwhelmingly written by right of centre journos with the one exception of Gene Kerrigan.

You think Sean O'Rourke, Marian Finucane, Ryan Tubridy and Miriam O'Callagan - the latter three with impeccible FF connections, are on the left?

During the abortion referendum I remember someone saying the IT was nothing . but a pro choice newsletter. It seems to skip their notice that they have articles by Iona members and that Brenda O'Brien is paid by them.

It doesn't matter what's actually in a newspaper, it's all tarred with the same brush.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

BeerWolf wrote: »
    Zero repercussions for this behaviour, thanks to the over the top pussification we've headed in. And they grow bolder by the day.

I would honestly have zero qualms should a mob give vigilante justice on these delinquents, beating the daylights out of the lot of them. I don't give a damn if they're under 18s.

You'd have to make sure that you can tell yourselves from the bad guys so some kind of uniform might be good. Something snappy. maybe made by a designer like Hugo Boss. And maybe something in black. A shirt that's black for example. Blood shows up less on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Nonsense. Most of the Irish media is owned by Denis O'Brien who is above any suspicion of being on the left. Newstalk for example is overwhelmingly right wing in it's presentation - Shane Coleman, Paul Williams (now gone) George Hook (just gone) Kierna Cuddihy, Johnathan Healy, Pat Kenny, Ivan Yates - not one of them could be described as remotely left. The SINDO rag is overwhelmingly written by right of centre journos with the one exception of Gene Kerrigan.

You think Sean O'Rourke, Marian Finucane, Ryan Tubridy and Miriam O'Callagan - the latter three with impeccible FF connections, are on the left?

Well all of the above is a complete lie.

George hook and Ivan yeates I’d describe as mildly right wing.

The rest not a chance and if they are they are afraid to express it which proves the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

Stab*City wrote: »
    That's about as racist as its gets right there.

Total bull if they where black and only black that is significant.

Remember some Dark skinned people got attacked a few years ago and the left organized an anti racism march when it turned out travelers were the culprits the march was forgotten.

I have zero respect for lefties who keep calling everything racist as their double standards are sickening.

Call me a racist and I would be reporting your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Stab*City wrote: »
    Haha you got jokes. :mad::( Well you dont hear us whinging about gangs of youths down this way now do you?

Lucky you. That's why you're such a little snowflake. Out of sight out of mind. Convenient for you isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Potatoeman wrote: »
    No description of the gang or their number. If they are a large Nigerian gang then surely the paper have a duty to report their description and number for the safety of locals.

This gang are a black youth gang, I think everyone in the area knows who is meant. I say this as someone who knows growing up that gangs come in all colours, just this one is adopting imo a sort of London gang vibe that is new (the knives for one). I think it's a mix of just what we always had plus this new type of gang in 2018 where everything is up to 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭MFPM

The rest not a chance and if they are they are afraid to express it which proves the point.

You may not agree with my characterisation but that doesn't make it a lie. If you wish to suggest I'm lying you'd need to provide some substantial evidence of that fact.

That depends I suppose on how one defines 'right' but by any traditional definiiton they are decidely right wing in their outlook and their opinion, it's absurd to argue otherwise.

Go and look at any editorial by any major newspaper in the course of the last ten years or find comments from any of those I mentioned above - find any that took serious issue with austerity, find any that didn't engage in public sector bashing for example, find any that argued that corporation tax should increase etc.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    No description of the gang or their number. If they are a large Nigerian gang then surely the paper have a duty to report their description and number for the safety of locals.

Why? A gang is a gang, what has the colour of their skin got to do with it?

scopper wrote: »
    This gang are a black youth gang, I think everyone in the area knows who is meant. I say this as someone who knows growing up that gangs come in all colours, just this one is adopting imo a sort of London gang vibe that is new (the knives for one). I think it's a mix of just what we always had plus this new type of gang in 2018 where everything is up to 11.

Knives, new?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

canonball5 wrote: »
    Is that what I said?? No it actually isn't my little snowflake.

I said this group of black youths robbing innocent people of their belongings have no business in Clontarf or any other part of our society.

I'm no 'PC snowflake' or whatever the poxy term is now but you are lying through your back teeth because that's not what you said and you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

I'm no 'PC snowflake' or whatever the poxy term is now but you are lying through your back teeth because that's not what you said and you know it.

Well why don't you show me exactly what I did post then?

Why? A gang is a gang, what has the colour of their skin got to do with it?

Everything as a white person who do you think would they target?

For the love of Jesus it was a black gang as in they were all of African decent which means they all had dark skin which means they were black as in a black gang.

How many times do you think I would have to use the term black gang to even come near to the amount of times you and you boards buddies use the term racist?

Oh yes the gang was black.

Well why don't you show me exactly what I did post then?

This...

'If a large group of black youths are walking around an area like Clontarf they are clearly up to no good.'

is not the same as this...

'I said this group of black youths robbing innocent people of their belongings have no business in Clontarf or any other part of our society.'

This...

'If a large group of black youths are walking around an area like Clontarf they are clearly up to no good.'

is not the same as this...

'I said this group of black youths robbing innocent people of their belongings have no business in Clontarf or any other part of our society.'

I am delighted that you have mastered reading to such an extent that you can see the difference in both sentences.

What business would a gang of black youths have in an upper middle class area? Perhaps they are helping old grannies cross the road, perhaps they are sweeping the streets. Perhaps this gang in question, which whom this thread was created are complete scum and who are up to no good!!

I know which option my money would be on. I'm not her to change your mind, I'm sure you don't agree with me and to be honest, I don't care!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Grayson wrote: »
    You'd have to make sure that you can tell yourselves from the bad guys so some kind of uniform might be good. Something snappy. maybe made by a designer like Hugo Boss. And maybe something in black. A shirt that's black for example. Blood shows up less on it.

Yes it is nazi like to try to stop scum from attacking kids and robbing them. Like that well known nazi movie Death Wish with Charles Bronson.

Again I will state I believe in equality real equality not the double standard so called equality of the left.

I work with a number of black people and to me they are just people and the people I work with I like and get on with.
    Africa is a continent with many nations that might be a shock to the left some of those nations are vast and there is a vast mix of people within those nations.

The left are the true racists with their low expectations for the groups they pretend to care about.

Sticking up for a scumbag gang who’s perents only came to this country for the welfare on the grounds of racism is very insulting to the many Africans in this country who do work.

I grew up in a working class estate and I find people defending the scum in those estates insulting.

Black is a physical description like male female tall short the fact their is a gang with only black people means they are the racists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

For the love of Jesus it was a black gang as in they were all of African decent which means they all had dark skin which means they were black as in a black gang.

How many times do you think I would have to use the term black gang to even come near to the amount of times you and you boards buddies use the term racist?

Aw poor fella, break out the violins. We can't have racists upset over being called racists.

How do you know "the gang was black"?

I am delighted that you have mastered reading to such an extent that you can see the difference in both sentences.

What business would a gang of black youths have in an upper middle class area? Perhaps they are helping old grannies cross the road, perhaps they are sweeping the streets. Perhaps this gang in question, which whom this thread was created are complete scum and who are up to no good!!

I know which option my money would be on. I'm not her to change your mind, I'm sure you don't agree with me and to be honest, I don't care!

Aww poor diddums, are you upset now?

dav3 wrote: »
    Aw poor fella, break out the violins. We can't have racists upset over being called racists.

How do you know "the gang was black"?

That’s all you have nothing you can call me a racist but if I called you a Libtard you would be hitting that report post icon.

The tactic of the left is to bully name call troll shut down all discussion as leftist ideas can not stand up to scrutiny and everybody knows it.

I am not emotional you brought that in as you have nothing else.

Aww poor diddums, are you upset now?

My love, I could not express to you in words how little your opinion matters to me and how little it affects my life. I'm glad you have the opinions and views you have and I'm not trying to change them. I just ask that you accept perhaps that there are people out there who have a different opinion as you on certain topics.

I am entitled to my views as you are entitled to yours, even if I feel you're being naive about this issue.

The fact is that there are a large group of black teens running riot in an area of our city, I for one, will not allow my lovely country so be overrun by vermin like this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

That’s all you have nothing you can call me a racist but if I called you a Libtard you would be hitting that report post icon.

The tactic of the left is to bully name call troll shut down all discussion as leftist ideas can not stand up to scrutiny and everybody knows it.

I am not emotional you brought that in as you have nothing else.

And the far-right wonder why they're a laughing stock in this country.

You are highly emotional and it's not just on here is it? Keep playing your little violin.

The blacks are coming to get us.

dav3 wrote: »
    And the far-right wonder why they're a laughing stock in this country.

You are highly emotional and it's not just on here is it? Keep playing your little violin.

The blacks are coming to get us.

My word, you have serious issues.

My love, I could not express to you in words how little your opinion matters to me and how little it affects my life. I'm glad you have the opinions and views you have and I'm not trying to change them. I just ask that you accept perhaps that there are people out there who have a different opinion as you on certain topics.

I am entitled to my views as you are entitled to yours, even if I feel you're being naive about this issue.

The fact is that there are a large group of black teens running riot in an area of our city, I for one, will not allow my lovely country so be overrun by vermin like this!

There are scum everywhere in fairness as a society I believe we should treat all scum the same.

I am not afraid to say this particular gang is black and I won’t let anybody away with trying to cover it up there are also plenty of white gangs their all scum.

I have jumped into this thread clearly stated what I wanted to say called out the nonsense and I have not let myself be baited.

As for people using the term far right, I will hazard a guess they have no idea what they are talking about.

I have read the rules here and I say what I like without fear while sticking to those rules.

If more people did that in real life it would be a positive thing.

All the people complaining about this gang want is for the law to be properly enforced.

Edit there are probably a few ringleaders if they felt the full force of the law I would say the change would dramatic.

You have to ask why are the left so opposed to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭John Sacrimoni

I have jumped into this thread clearly stated what I wanted to say called out the nonsense and I have not let myself be baited.

As for people using the term fat right I will hazard a guess they have no idea what they are talking about.

I have read the rules here and I say what I like without fear while sticking to those rules.

If more people did that in real life it would be a positive thing.

All the people complaining about this gang want is for the law to be properly enforced.

Edit there are probably a few ring leaders if they felt the full force of the law I would say the change would dramatic.

You have to ask why are the left so opposed to this?

Same people think our media are right wing, i dont know why you bother.

Like all those people with a snotty nose saying they have the flu.

You're suggesting the 'black' gang are going around solely targeting 'white' people - seriously?

Well, we're all of African descent but that said why is the 'colour' of people who allegedly make up a gang important?

I'm not accountable for the actions of others, if there is any evidence back your scurrilous allegataion that I've called you a racist, do provide it, please.

It could be worse, you could be one of those arguing that the O'Brien owned press is left wing - imagine being that ignorant?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 330 ✭✭All Seeing Eye

You're suggesting the 'black' gang are going around solely targeting 'white' people - seriously?

Well, we're all of African descent but that said why is the 'colour' of people who allegedly make up a gang important?

I'm not accountable for the actions of others, if there is any evidence back your scurrilous allegataion that I've called you a racist, do provide it, please.

What odds would Paddy Power give on this gang in Clontarf being black. None I’d say because the probability is too high that they are black. MFPM come down to Balbriggan train station any weekday night and you can see the gang for yourself. Explain how you stuck up for them on an Internet forum.

PS. Make sure you aren’t wearing any branded clothes or runners because they could be taken from you. Also dont bring a mobile phone or that could be gone too.

• Advertisement

What odds would Paddy Power give on this gang in Clontarf being black. None I’d say because the probability is too high that they are black. MFPM come down to Balbriggan train station any weekday night and you can see the gang for yourself. Explain how you stuck up for them on an Internet forum.

PS. Make sure you aren’t wearing any branded clothes or runners because they could be taken from you. Also dont bring a mobile phone or that could be gone too.

Explain how you stuck up for them on an Internet forum.

What is it with this thread and the inability of some to read? Where did I 'stick up' for anyone?

Indeed, unfortunately anti social behaviour by sections of young people, is a problem - colour is irrelevant - if one wanted to generalise I suppose one could see it's overwhelmingly a male phenomenon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement