Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tommy Robinson jailed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Repeatedly calling someone racist then shying away when asked for a single quote attributed to Sir Robinson to enforce your claim is a rather juvenile tactic

Robinson isn't even his real name. And yes he's a racist. And the edl is a racist organisation. They've even targeted irish groups in Liverpool.

The guys scum. He's got a violent history plus he's a fraudster and if it wasn't for the fact that he's a racist people here wouldn't even be defending him.

And ill say it once again, he's scum, he's violent and he's a fraudster.

Plus the entire oremus of the thread, that he's been sentanced and there's a gagging order in his sentance, is bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I'm gobsmaked by this story such that that's all I can say atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

You subscribed to his twitter....

Wow he was joyful we won a soccer match, like most of the patronising British media usually are.

No doubt he was whinging when the Irish were joyful that Iceland won.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.newstalk.com/AMP/The-EDL-is-stoking-antiIrish-racism--in-the-UK

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/edl-leader-irish-members-945972-Jun2013/%3famp=1

Look, British nationalists hate a free Ireland, they're sectarian, they're stupid.
    Also, rebel songs hurt their feelings.

Racists are by nature, irrational.

There are actual Irish people in the Irish media and British army who are sing anti-Irish songs, support the Bnp, moan about Sinn Féin and wave union jacks.

The fact that his mother was "born in Dublin" means nothing. Does she mention that at the parades above.

I'm sure she's proud of her son.

If I label you a Paedophile I would need to back up my accusation now wouldn’t I? So for the third time show me one bit of proof that Tommy Robinson is a racist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Human Sausage

thebull85 wrote: »
    Lads how the **** has been arrested and sentenced already? been out all day only catching up now, what have i missed, nothing on google about him being jailed.

He already has a suspended sentence but from what I've heard he's been charged with disrupting court proceedings. UK law is very strict on how you interact with people appearing in court when they're entering, leaving and in the court and its environs (or words to that effect). Robinson breached that law.

Of course the usual ****bags here have whipped themselves into a fury about how this is all another (((left-wing))) conspiracy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Grayson wrote: »
    he's a fraudster.

Of this he has been convicted so you are absolutely correct... but again, if you believe someone to be racist, post one quote, just one to support your belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭gw80

Robinson isn't even his real name. And yes he's a racist. And the edl is a racist organisation. They've even targeted irish groups in Liverpool.

The guys scum. He's got a violent history plus he's a fraudster and if it wasn't for the fact that he's a racist people here wouldn't even be defending him.

And ill say it once again, he's scum, he's violent and he's a fraudster.

What, not even his real name, the evil bastard,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Jailed for speaking his mind its gone full Orwellian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

So free speech is to be discarded and we are supposed to accept that well i for one have no time for this totalitarianism all free speech lovers should oppose this madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Apparently some of the people he was harassing outside a courthouse and calling them pedo's were jurors. Taken very seriously harassing them. Nothing to do with free speech.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Mutant z wrote: »
    So free speech is to be discarded and we are supposed to accept that well i for one have no time for this totalitarianism all free speech lovers should oppose this madness.

Ah come on now. Who describes themselves as a free speech lover non-ironically?

The UK is a multicultural society. For those societies to stagger along, there has to be repression of rights and freedoms, including an absolute denial of free speech. There is an immense amount of double think: That multicultural society is entirely peaceful and wonderful. Except its also a powder-keg to the extent that a person standing outside a court, having a conversation with two bystanders while streaming it is a clear and deadly threat who must be imprisoned for fear of strife.

This double think, which the great and the good pride themselves on, requires repression to enforce it. Freedom of speech died a long, long time ago and most people are conditioned to be comfortable with that as a necessary cost to hold two entirely incompatible views.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

Repeatedly calling someone racist then shying away when asked for a single quote attributed to Sir Robinson to enforce your claim is a rather juvenile tactic

"I just saw a someone planting a time bomb, or as a Muslim woman calls it, having a baby".

https://resistinghate.org/tommy-robinson-and-his-hate-tweets/

I mean what a rebel against the establishment is Tommy.

And I hear it's OK not to think he's BNP, EDL, pond scum...... sure isn't his mother Irish.

gw80 wrote: »
    What, not even his real name, the evil bastard,

I believe the word you want is scum. Maybe stick an adjective in. Violent scum. Fraudulent scum.

Of this he has been convicted so you are absolutely correct... but again, if you believe someone to be racist, post one quote, just one to support your belief.

He's also a violent thug.

I'm just wondering how much your will to defend him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Anyone know what was the outcome inside the court or is it on going. That's where the real scumbags were,or are we missing the elephant in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭Sand

He's also a violent thug.

I'm just wondering how much your will to defend him.

Grayson, who is a greater threat to the people of the UK? Tommy Robinson or Razwan Razaq?

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Lady Spangles

Apparently according to Lauren Southern, Tommy has been sentenced to 13 months but there is a UK wide embargo on reporting.

Anyone else got any info?

Edit. Not too sure about the authenticity of the embargo. I'm assuming that it's for this https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/tommy-robinson-arrested-leeds-court-child-grooming-trial-edl-founder-latest-a8368821.html?amp

It's been widely reported in the UK so there is no embargo. Nor would I care if they accidentally misplaced the key to his cell. That man is odious.

• Site Banned Posts: 218 ✭✭A Pint of Goo

Mutant z wrote: »

Who needs freedom of speech when you live in multicultural paradise like Britain?

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭LincolnsBeard

He was only there fighting the corner of the victims of sexual abuse, Tommy's no bigoted xenophobic thug that doesn't give a ****e about who suffers as long as he can use it for his own ends. No way.

Man who spends his life warning people about the dangers of Islamisation, terrorism and rape gangs attends a rape gang trial.

"He's just exploiting them!"

You will notice this accusation is never levied against any other group. If an anti-racism organisation reports on the trial of a racist attacker, nobody would suggest they are trying to exploit an individual case for their own ideology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Pero_Bueno

An anti-Irish racist degenerate coward blaming Britain's loss of empire on Muslims.

Tommy Robinson is on record claiming that the Irish and former British colonies should have his "culture" forced upon them by violence, usually before he moans about other cultures living in England.

Two bit hooligan.

Wow you must be such a progressive woke liberal!

• Advertisement

https://youtu.be/OwitkPBsHdo

Regardless of whether or not you like him, if this is the reason he is in jail, it is terrifying

Yep and plenty of users on here (you know the usual ) would be happy for this Sharia to be implemented - to see a "wacist" jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

"I just saw a someone planting a time bomb, or as a Muslim woman calls it, having a baby".

https://resistinghate.org/tommy-robinson-and-his-hate-tweets/

I mean what a rebel against the establishment is Tommy.

And I hear it's OK not to think he's BNP, EDL, pond scum...... sure isn't his mother Irish.

Muslim is not a race,it's people who follow Islam. You can be white, brown or black and be a Muslim. Once again show proof he's a racist.

He was only there fighting the corner of the victims of sexual abuse, Tommy's no bigoted xenophobic thug that doesn't give a ****e about who suffers as long as he can use it for his own ends. No way.

Brilliant, another apologist for Islamofascism.

An anti-Irish racist degenerate coward blaming Britain's loss of empire on Muslims.

Yeah, sounds like he really hates the Irish :rolleyes:

He told the Irish Daily mirror in 2011: "My parents were from O'Connell Street in Dublin. They moved to England in the 1960s and settled in Luton. My father had to face racism with the signs saying 'No blacks, no Irish'. But he learned he would have to adapt to English society. I'm proud to have Irish heritage but I call myself English."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Nermal

It's been widely reported in the UK so there is no embargo. Nor would I care if they accidentally misplaced the key to his cell. That man is odious.

There absolutely is an embargo. Have a read below. Widely reported is a stretch. A few newspapers are defying the injunction, but Google and many other institutions are co-operating:

https://twitter.com/nickmon1112/status/1000094952620163073

It doesn't matter how odious he is. An odious government, judiciary, police force and media is infinitely more threatening.

Gerry T wrote: »
    I watched his video where he filmed the accused entering court for what he said was a sentencing hearing. He didn't film other people, ie family and he wasn't stiring up a crowd. The police said he was arrested for breach of the peace.
    In his video he asked why the main stream media wasn't covering the events, it seems to be a hugh story being ignored.

Exactly, no media at the courts, yet when that Scottish lad made a joke video with his dog doing the nazi salute the media were everywhere ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

wes wrote: »
    He had a suspended sentence for acting the maggot outside a court, and has done so again. There are restrictions about reporting ongoing court cases, especially those involving grooming cases involving children, those protections are there just as much to protect the identity of the victim, as well as to ensure a safe prosecution.

Stephen Yaxley-Lennon's behavior could result in the accused not getting a fair trial, which could result in there release, but I guess far right politicking and self promotion is more important than justice being served.

It was a sentencing was it not?

Robinson isn't even his real name.

The multiple assaults, death threats, assassination attempts, family relocations, Osman warnings etc he has had to put up with are all kind of testament as to why he would try to use a pseudonym, don't you think?

We can't all be as brave as you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭malinheader

Pero_Bueno wrote: »
    Exactly, no media at the courts, yet when that Scottish lad made a joke video with his dog doing the nazi salute the media were everywhere ...

Jack Nicholson springs to mind. You Want The Truth. You Can't Handle The Truth.

Anyone know the outcome or is that being hidden too.

• Advertisement

You subscribed to his twitter....

Wow he was joyful we won a soccer match, like most of the patronising British media usually are.

No doubt he was whinging when the Irish were joyful that Iceland won.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.newstalk.com/AMP/The-EDL-is-stoking-antiIrish-racism--in-the-UK

https://www.google.ie/amp/www.thejournal.ie/edl-leader-irish-members-945972-Jun2013/%3famp=1

Look, British nationalists hate a free Ireland, they're sectarian, they're stupid.
    Also, rebel songs hurt their feelings.

Racists are by nature, irrational.

There are actual Irish people in the Irish media and British army who are sing anti-Irish songs, support the Bnp, moan about Sinn Féin and wave union jacks.

The fact that his mother was "born in Dublin" means nothing. Does she mention that at the parades above.

I'm sure she's proud of her son.

Get help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement