Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I bet you didnt know that

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Over 600,000 transactions are passed between IT and operational systems every hour to keep the electricity supply and distribution network in Ireland up and running.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 Bone Cancer

The music in the 'You wouldn't steal a car' ad was pirated for use in the ad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Picking up in Coppers is not as easy as ppl say it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

95% of jobs created during the Obama administration were short term contracts or part time jobs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

95% of jobs created during the Obama administration were short term contracts or part time jobs

Donald Trump pissed all his profits up the wall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Sylvester Stallone got the part of Rocky by accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭Cartouche

Google's founders were willing to sell to Excite for under $1 million in 1999—but Excite turned them down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Cheetahs originated in North America

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭sharpey85

Cartouche wrote:
    Sean Connery turned down the Gandalf role in Lord of the Rings

He also turned down a contract at Manchester United

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

He wrote it & wanted to play it himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

You didnt know that i didnt know any of this earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

Tilikum wrote: »
    He wrote it & wanted to play it himself

Exactly... Leading up to the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Gmail was orginally "Garfield Mail" (the cat) and owned by Jim Davis, Google bought the name afterwards.
    In Germany you couldn't have a "Gmail" account, it had to be called "GoogleMail" as there was already a company called Gmail who provided the service of recieveing your emails, printing them out and posting them to you, surprise surprise, that company sold the name when their own company tanked.

Finally, put a + sign anywhere in your Gmail address when you sign up to mailing lists, you will still receive the mail, but Google will organise them. Good way to direct stuff you might not want (or definitely don't want to miss)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,891 ✭✭✭prinzeugen

Senna wrote: »

Finally, put a + sign anywhere in your Gmail address when you sign up to mailing lists, you will still receive the mail, but Google will organise them. Good way to direct stuff you might not want (or definitely don't want to miss)

Why is this a good idea? Hotmail/Outlook are at this crap as well. The postman does not open and read my mail or make a decision about "what's important" before he sticks it through the letterbox so why the flying feck should google or hotmail??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

All modern Polar bears are descended, on their mothers side, from the Irish Brown Bear.

irish-bear.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 22,221 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Apples have more genes than a Human.

This could go on for years.......

Bollox. I have six pairs. I've never even seen an apple wearing trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭xabi

Peanuts aren't nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

xabi wrote: »
    Peanuts aren't nuts.

You cant leave me feeling that thick tell me more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Noah actually had 3 of each animal on the ark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

Masala wrote: »
    More people die every year from kicks from donkeys than die in airline crashes

* puts all donkeys on the watchlist *

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭xabi

You cant leave me feeling that thick tell me more!

They are Legumes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Deedsie wrote: »
    Ya, practicalities of a pre existing system. Would be too expensive to change and goodness knows any investment in our rail network has more important priorities. Luckily the public don't have to deal with those measurements, rail operators and engineers.

Still a ridiculous system.
    One of the Luas lines used an existing rail route.

We could be here all day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

You can open a box of photocopying paper by flipping over the strapping and peeling back the loose end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

You can open a box of photocopying paper by flipping over the strapping and peeling back the loose end.

Same with briquettes.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

One of the Luas lines used an existing rail route.

We could be here all day :o

And will use another when the extension finishes. The other uses an old canal for a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Sideshow Cecil

gitzy16v wrote: »
    Noah actually had 3 of each animal on the ark

Danny is that you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Most cars have an arrow on the instrument cluster that tell you what side the fuel filler cap is on, (the few that dont use the nozzle on the image of the pump to indicate the correct side.)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,696 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

prinzeugen wrote: »
    Why is this a good idea? Hotmail/Outlook are at this crap as well. The postman does not open and read my mail or make a decision about "what's important" before he sticks it through the letterbox so why the flying feck should google or hotmail??

I think he is talking about the feature whereby if your email address is prinz@gmail.com then you can put a +whatever in there and it will still end up I your inbox.

Prinz+1@gmail.com
    Prinz+boobies@gmail.com
    Prinz+gmail@gmail.com

...will all end up at the same inbox. Very handy if you want to sign up to something multiple times but still have the same inbox

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

The colour green does not exist in parts of China. Scientists believe this to be related to the huge smog problem there.

Dwarves are illegal in South America.

Bears can vote in Alaska. Most don't however.

The letter p was dropped from the alphabet in 1903. An abysmal failure of metrification, it was quickly reinstated after the great secretary revolt later that year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Satriale wrote: »
    Most cars have an arrow on the instrument cluster that tell you what side the fuel filler cap is on, (the few that dont use the nozzle on the image of the pump to indicate the correct side.)

While your first statement is true, unfortunately the second is not. The nozzle side does not indicate the fuel filler cap side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement