Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Letter Layout

• 05-02-2010 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if anyone can let how a business letter of intent should be laid out, what should be included in the letter.

The letter of intent is for a sponsor to say that they intend to give money to my event. Its for a college project and my mates company will sponsor my event.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 chowdown

I'm not sure if there's a standard layout for these things, but there are some key pieces of information which should be included, in order to avoid any problems:

1. Details of the event which is being sponsored. Its title, time, location.

2. The exact amount of money which is being given.

3. When will the money be handed over. Do you need the money in advance?

4. What does the sponsor get in return? Are you printing their logo on paperwork/backdrops? If so, where will it be shown? Who provides the logo? Are you inviting the sponsor to speak at the event? If so, when and how long is the speech?

5. If there are more than one sponsors, who are the other sponsors and are they given equal prominence?

6. Will you be giving the sponsor some pre- or post-event publicity? If so, it's worth saying what publicity you're going to do, just so that they don't expect more.

7. Would you like the sponsor to attend the event? How many guests? Will food be served? Will you reserve spaces for them at the meal?

It really is worth making sure everyone knows the deal when you're dealing with sponsorship of an event. It keeps everyone happy.

Good luck.

If you want any further advice, just say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭looking_around

Since my question is on the layout somewhat I figured I'd bump this.

When referencing/subject line.

I was told to type "O Re:" But looking on google everything seems to be just "Re:" or "RE". (of course this isn't aided by the search for O re, keeps just showing "ore" >.<)

Which would you use?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭makeandcreate

I'd use Re: - not sure what the "O" is in reference to.

I'd use Re: - not sure what the "O" is in reference to.

Yeah that's what I was thinking, was wondering if anyone had ever seen it.... maybe it's meant to be like a bullet point or something. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭terryhobdell

What is this thread about? Totally bemused.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,594 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What is this thread about? Totally bemused.

How to do my homework.

OP, these are the bits you need:

Their name and address (unless it's on their letterhead at the top)

The date

The name and address of who the latter is to OR "To Whom it may Concern"

Dear <<name of who it's too>> [leave this out if it's a To Whom it May ...]

Re: <<description of the subject>> [this line all in bold]

[the body of the letter as in the post above.

Yours faithfully [if they don't know the recipient] or Yours sincerely [if they do]

Gap for a signature

Name and title of the person signing the letter.

How to do my homework.

OP, these are the bits you need:

Their name and address (unless it's on their letterhead at the top)

The date

The name and address of who the latter is to OR "To Whom it may Concern"

Dear <<name of who it's too>> [leave this out if it's a To Whom it May ...]

Re: <<description of the subject>> [this line all in bold]

[the body of the letter as in the post above.

Yours faithfully [if they don't know the recipient] or Yours sincerely [if they do]

Gap for a signature

Name and title of the person signing the letter.
    you realise I bumped this to ask a question connected to it, but the OP asked this 4 years ago s:

about the reference line, which I'll be sticking with just "Re".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement