Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,189 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Lidl have a nice fruity Australian Merlot for €3.79

Wine of the Week 23rd - 29th January.

(buy one and try it before stocking up)

This week Molson 20 x 330 bottles €13.99.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I’d the Argus 7.2 nice or just buyable because it’s strong?

I haven't tried the strong,but the premium in bottles is very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,822 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

They really should have either the Argus Premium or Tatra in cans year round. Their regular range of canned beers is very poor (if you don't like Bud / Carlsberg.)

The Argus Strong is okay - not great by any means - the premium is nicer but Tatra is the nicest.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Munsterman12

Any cheap slabs of beer around?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Any cheap slabs of beer around?

500ml stella/carling/molson in tesco

Any 24 For 25.00
    valid from 22/1/2020 until 18/2/2020

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Any deal on bulmers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Litre of Tullamore Dew for €28 in Tesco today. Save €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Deals on beer have been very poor all January. Huge difference between December and January

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Deals on beer have been very poor all January. Huge difference between December and January

Will be thin on the ground until St Patrick's day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,100 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's not called dry January for nothing.

You might get some mild deals for the 6 nations but other than that I'd say the next good offers will be for Paddy's day.

• Advertisement

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's not called dry January for nothing.
    at least 2 pubs in my area have deals on to coax people out of this dry january BS.

I still find it odd the way the supermarkets have such huge discounts at xmas and then absolutely nothing. You would think one brand would have deals to coax people into buying their one -I guess the breweries have arrangements with the supermarkets.

I thankfully bought loads knowing this was coming and have plenty left.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Anyone know of decent vodka deals? Preferably absolute! Cheers in advance!!

Anyone know of decent vodka deals? Preferably absolute! Cheers in advance!!
    supervalu is €21 for regualr & flavoured absolut.

in tesco
    https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=253717767

Wyborowa Vodka 70Cl €19.00

not advertised as an offer but thats a good price and decent vodka. Like aboslut it is 40% while most are 37.5%

doesn't sound much of a difference but if diluted down to 37.5% it would be €17.81 for 700ml instead of €19

it is 25 in obriens https://www.obrienswine.ie/wyborowa-70cl.html

rubadub wrote: »
    at least 2 pubs in my area have deals on to coax people out of this dry january BS.

I still find it odd the way the supermarkets have such huge discounts at xmas and then absolutely nothing. You would think one brand would have deals to coax people into buying their one -I guess the breweries have arrangements with the supermarkets.

I thankfully bought loads knowing this was coming and have plenty left.

That current Stella Artois deal in Tesco is pretty good 24 x 500ml cans €25.

elperello wrote: »
    That current Stella Artois deal in Tesco is pretty good 24 x 500ml cans €25.

yes, its 4.8% and anybody I knew who drank it thought it was grand. Unlike the old stronger stella out years ago which had a peculiar taste to it which some did not like. This stuff is quite generic tasting. Only problem is my tesco never have it in trays, only loose cans, and often only 1 trays worth on the shelf.

rubadub wrote: »
    yes, its 4.8% and anybody I knew who drank it thought it was grand. Unlike the old stronger stella out years ago which had a peculiar taste to it which some did not like. This stuff is quite generic tasting. Only problem is my tesco never have it in trays, only loose cans, and often only 1 trays worth on the shelf.

It's acceptable to most tastes but if in doubt buy 1 or 2 as a trial.

That somewhat eccentric merchandising must be based on some logic.
    Does anyone know why they do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

Guinness,Carlsberg,budweisier 12 for 12 in my local aldi

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

Dunnes 20% off at the till when you buy any 6 bottles of wine or champagne

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭highdef

SuperValu Kilcock have 6 bottle cases of Whispering Angel 2019 Cotes de Provence Rose for €30. Assumed it was muck so googled it. Apparently it's an excellent Rosé and is the most popular Rosé in the United States. Gets excellent reviews and I've read that this exact wine is supplied as a high end wine to high end hotels so would want to be excellent.

I checked prices in Ireland and it averages at €30 to €35 PER BOTTLE. A case of it from Amazon is £115 plus £15 P&P which works out around €150 or €30 a bottle.

This is the best value booze deal I've seen in a long time!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 segan

One for craft beer fans... Marks and Spencer have various beers in a 3 for €7 deal, including Beavertown’s Gamma Ray and Lupuloid. Lupuloid is usually over 4 euro a can in most places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,772 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

segan wrote: »
    One for craft beer fans... Marks and Spencer have various beers in a 3 for €7 deal, including Beavertown’s Gamma Ray and Lupuloid. Lupuloid is usually over 4 euro a can in most places.

That is an unreal deal. I paid nearly 6 pound sterling for a can of Lupoloid in a bar in London a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭highdef

highdef wrote: »
    SuperValu Kilcock have 6 bottle cases of Whispering Angel 2019 Cotes de Provence Rose for €30. Assumed it was muck so googled it. Apparently it's an excellent Rosé and is the most popular Rosé in the United States. Gets excellent reviews and I've read that this exact wine is supplied as a high end wine to high end hotels so would want to be excellent.

I checked prices in Ireland and it averages at €30 to €35 PER BOTTLE. A case of it from Amazon is £115 plus £15 P&P which works out around €150 or €30 a bottle.

This is the best value booze deal I've seen in a long time!

Turns out this was a pricing error. Price was €30 PER BOTTLE yesterday so I got 5 free bottles of good wine, saved €150 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

highdef wrote: »
    Turns out this was a pricing error. Price was €30 PER BOTTLE yesterday so I got 5 free bottles of good wine, saved €150 :D

Man that'll taste goooooood!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,787 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ah for those of us who missed out on the virtual robbery of the mis-priced Whispering Angel rose, this wine be part of Supervalu's 48 hours promo this week at €15:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112518082&postcount=259

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Ah for those of us who missed out on the virtual robbery of the mis-priced Whispering Angel rose, this wine be part of Supervalu's 48 hours promo this week at €15:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112518082&postcount=259

could you not just link directly to the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Might have some people over this weekend.
    Any deals worth looking into before I head into town ?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,058 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

IrishLad90 wrote: »
    Might have some people over this weekend.
    Any deals worth looking into before I head into town ?

Tesco

Molson/Stella 24 for €25

Tesco

Molson/Stella 24 for €25

Thanks for getting back. I'll have to browse about a little

Lidl have 20x 330ml bottles Molson for €13.99.

• Advertisement

I am all about quantity this week :) first day off in 2 weeks.. vegan pizza and maybe a box of bottles from lidl(closest shop)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement