Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas

• 04-01-2020 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,807 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone got a pair of these Adidas Stan Smith's?

Was thinking of the Stella McCartney ones, but not sure of the fit.

On some websites, it says you need to go up a size, but in other sites, it says go down a size.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,802 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

In all my years of wearing Adidas trainers, astro, football boots etc I have NEVER had to go down a size.

Id guess 70% of my purchases have been a half or full size bigger. 30% my regular size.

Adidas notoriously tight sizing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I have Stan Smiths, the one with the green bit on the back. I have the most pain in the arse feet known to mankind. Really narrow so can't wear a lot of slip on shoes as they just, well, slip off!
    I could be either a 3 or a 4. If I'm buying shoes offline I ALWAYS have to buy both sizes and send one back.
    When I tried the Stan Smiths, the 4 were definitely too big on me. The 3's were better, but just that bit tight. Fortunately I met a really nice sales guy who said "Hang on a sec" and brought me a 3 1/2 from the kids range. They're a perfect fit and were almost thirty quid cheaper. They look the exact same as the adult ones and go up to a size 5 as far as I know, so if you're that or smaller then you might want to try the kids ones.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have Stan Smiths, the one with the green bit on the back. I have the most pain in the arse feet known to mankind. Really narrow so can't wear a lot of slip on shoes as they just, well, slip off!
    I could be either a 3 or a 4. If I'm buying shoes offline I ALWAYS have to buy both sizes and send one back.
    When I tried the Stan Smiths, the 4 were definitely too big on me. The 3's were better, but just that bit tight. Fortunately I met a really nice sales guy who said "Hang on a sec" and brought me a 3 1/2 from the kids range. They're a perfect fit and were almost thirty quid cheaper. They look the exact same as the adult ones and go up to a size 5 as far as I know, so if you're that or smaller then you might want to try the kids ones.

You! You're the person John Bruton was having sleepless nights about when he tried to put VAT on childrens shoes because small adults might buy them! :p :pac:

They're cheaper because their VAT free. Lap them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

I have Gazelles and the Stan Smith. Both are in my usual size (7) and both fit well

Advertisement