Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

I'm grateful for.....

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

the wild wind on my face... the birds who sing when I cannot sleep... the cats who follow me, all five of them, when I meander down the lane here.... the wild flowers that smile at me.... codeine! for my aching body!

My hands that can still knit up a storm at my advanced age even when I am forced to stay abed..

flyspray :rolleyes::eek:

Fed up of huge noisy flies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

The weather in Ireland at the moment. It does wonders for the soul/mind.

sunshine and wind as I revelled in being outside today.. sheer bliss.. cats at my feet,,work in my hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,363 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Curled up in front of an open fire with a bowl of soup.....while a storm brews outside!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There is a lot of dark stuff in the news at the moment and it's hard to sometimes concentrate on the good stuff. With that in mind, I thought I'd share a thread where we could post something that we are grateful for or that makes us happy, a bit like a collective gratitude journal :)

I'll start...I am grateful that I have a big and happy family of parents, siblings, niblings and in-laws and that we all live close enough to each other to see each other fairly regularly. We had a lovely family day yesterday and even though not everyone was there, it was still lovely to spend time together. Also, going for a walk in the park with my siblings and niblings on Saturday was a lovely experience. The niblings are all very young so hopefully it was the first of many :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,310 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Mod: Merged as I forgot about the original Gratitude thread :):o

Grateful for having three lovely littke nephews and getting a little video of each onoe of them on my birthday. The oldest one even sang Happy Birthday to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

I am grateful for my little sister being here with me at this current time as it is a bit of adult company and of course a drinking buddy!!! :):p

For all the things I have posted before! Always so thankful … for safety out here in these hard days.... for greater acceptance of increasing illness, slow as that is to win.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,178 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think we need to resurrect this thread.

I'm grateful for friends who stick around even when you're going through hell, who bring bunches of flowers and cake to cheer you up. I'm grateful for friends who take the bother of befriending my pets. I'm grateful for my cats waiting until I'm awake before jumping on my bed and starting to purr.

Just now,, always my snug b

ed! Never take anything for granted,... Always keep the blessings and provisions you have close to your heart.. When tears threaten? Give thanks for tissues! Laugh at it!

For knitting needles and yarn and the knowledge that this simple pleasure will raise a little money for those who need even food... for in giving we gain.... oh and keep me warm on the coldest day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭herbalplants

I am greatful for the roof over my head, I am greatful for my bear hugs from my son, greatful for my practical partner who can cook wonders, I am greatful for my job, I am grateful for waking up every morning, I am greatful for my dog nudges.

Living the life

Advertisement