Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tennis shoes

• 04-10-2006 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend tennis shoes for occasional use ie type and where to buy via mail order etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

What court surface would you be playing on most?

I have a pair of K-Swiss that are meat for Savannah courts and find them great, very comfortable and great grip. Most of my family have K-Swiss ones. Got them in Arnotts in their sale where they give great discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

• Registered Users Posts: 40,858 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yorky wrote:

Don't go for black. Most clubs won't allow them. K Swiss are pretty good though a lot of them are now used as fashion shoes. You'd pick up a pair no hassle for about €70-€90.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

K-Swiss all the way. Last 3 years I've always worn the K-Swiss Surpass Omni.

Surp.M.web.jpg

Very important thing to remember about tennis shoes is that you need the strong ankle support. I find these to be great in that regard.

I always find with shoes that you're best off to buy from the shops. At least you get to try them on before you hand over your dosh.

K-Swiss all the way. Last 3 years I've always worn the K-Swiss Surpass Omni.

Surp.M.web.jpg

Very important thing to remember about tennis shoes is that you need the strong ankle support. I find these to be great in that regard.

I always find with shoes that you're best off to buy from the shops. At least you get to try them on before you hand over your dosh.

Where can these be bought from? I've tried all of the big sports shops in Belfast but none o them sell K-Swiss tennis shoes - just trainers.

• Advertisement

Yorky wrote:
    I've tried all of the big sports shops in Belfast but none o them sell K-Swiss tennis shoes - just trainers.

"Sport" shops are just glorified fashion outlets. I can only speak for Cork so that's not going to help you all that much. Ludgates and Mahers both have them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 daveyo

i find www.tenniswarehouse.com brill.. $150 is the limit to spend unless ya wanna pay duty ..

daveyo wrote:
    i find www.tenniswarehouse.com brill.. $150 is the limit to spend unless ya wanna pay duty ..

Was trying to remember the address of that site - thanks for reminding me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

got a pair of Wilson about 3 years ago. They're still perfect on the bottom which is where it matters.
    At the time they were €80.

Does anyone know of a mail order co. that sells K-Swiss? I've contacted www.tenniswarehouse.com but they do not sell the model I am looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement