Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

j4vier wrote: »
    It's only relevant to a point what other get. What matters if what they offer to you, and other factors like the hassle of switching.

I wanted to switch to vodafone but i started to read things I didn't like

Nah, I always get 1/2 price for 6-9 months. I just tell them about this thread & what they’ve offered people. They always cave. I cancelled 2 days ago so I’m waiting for the call.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    They always cave. I cancelled 2 days ago so I’m waiting for the call.

They don't always call.
    You have to be prepared to move and have alternate arrangements made- or you could find that they do just as you have asked- and cancel your service. Several people in this thread have ended up with no service.........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Nah, I always get 1/2 price for 6-9 months. I just tell them about this thread & what they’ve offered people. They always cave. I cancelled 2 days ago so I’m waiting for the call.

For me , half price for 6 months is close to the 15 off for 9 months offer which i got

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Anybody get a cancellation deal on tv only? Think they offered €5 or €10 off *6

Cancelled (30 days notice) at start of month, haven’t gotten call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Mav11

They don't always call.
    You have to be prepared to move and have alternate arrangements made- or you could find that they do just as you have asked- and cancel your service. Several people in this thread have ended up with no service.........

Plus 1. I cancelled on 6th Dec for 6th of Jan. They didn't call but I had Vodafone up and running anyway!! Was determined to move. Must say very happy with the service and price so far!! Will probably approach them as a new customer when my Vodafone contract is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭CoBo55

They don't always call.

Just get it signed up in the missus name as a new customer. They never refuse business.

I’m out of contract soon and I’m going in hard this year, siro are coming they’ll have to dig deep to keep me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭utyh2ikcq9z76b

Mav11 wrote: »
    Plus 1. I cancelled on 6th Dec for 6th of Jan. They didn't call but I had Vodafone up and running anyway!! Was determined to move. Must say very happy with the service and price so far!! Will probably approach them as a new customer when my Vodafone contract is up.

They havent called me back either, Offered a small reduction for 9m originally and I declined, what way is SIRO wired into the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭Mav11

They havent called me back either, Offered a small reduction for 9m originally and I declined, what way is SIRO wired into the house?

Haven't got Siro, 90mbs max on standard telephone line.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Nokia6230i

For those who've switched to Vodafone Broadband is there much drilling etc. involved?

House is SIRO enabled; they said something on phone about a box on wall & another haing to be inside (but presume it's the modem?); am downstairs which might make installation simpler and house is on a street too.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Eire girl

Is there a Virgin rep on here anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Eire girl wrote: »
    Is there a Virgin rep on here anymore?

No. Their talk to vrigin is gone. They shut it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Rang today, paying 81e a month for BB& TV. They offered 76e a month for 12 months.. or 67.50 for 9mths. Refused both. Have a good offer from EIR but afraid to take it, have they improved at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

12 month contract just up, BB & Phone now €62.50 p.m., was €59 for last 5 months and I think €34 p.m. for the first 6 mths of contract. What's the best price that anyone has got from them for same package.

keng66 wrote: »
    12 month contract just up, BB & Phone now €62.50 p.m., was €59 for last 5 months and I think €34 p.m. for the first 6 mths of contract. What's the best price that anyone has got from them for same package.

€29 for 6 or 9 months & back up to €59 for final 6 or 3 months; that was in 2019 so unlikely it'll remain & be the €62.50.

€25 for 6 & €40 for 6 with Vodafone is calling to me; could then go back to Virgin as a new customer; loyalty doesn't pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pablo57

My 360mb BB + basic TV was about to go up to €87.50 with the price increase, so phoned to cancel. Told them I was considering Vodafone as I've a friend nearby who is a gamer and is happy with their broadband, and I've heard the TV platform is considerably better.

Got offered TV + 250mb for 12 months at €75p/m. Then the same package for €44.50 for 6 months, then €89 for 6 months (ie €67p/m). Got told about how the Vodafone line would be slow, how their TV is streamed and how their fair use might be an issue. Asked if they could do €44.50 for 9 months and then €89 for 3 months (ie €55p/m) - told it wasn't possible. Got given an order number and suggested I have a think and called back.

Called back to definitely cancel this time, and was then offered €44.50 for 9 months and €89 for 3 months - so it is possible! Had made up my mind at that stage. Off to give Vodafone a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,380 ✭✭✭fletch

keng66 wrote: »
    My renewal was €62.50 a month for 240MB BB, so €750 for the year. Took 3 phone calls but got them down a good bit

Call 1 offer - €44 for 6 months then €59 thereafter = so €618p.a
    Call 2 offer - €44 for 9 months then €59 thereafter = so €573p.a
    Call 3 offer - €29.50 for 6 months then €59 thereafter = so €531p.a

Pressed for a further discount but was told that was the highest loyalty discount on offer. Still not bad, a €220 saving for a few minutes on the phone. Now to do it all over again for my parents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

fletch wrote: »
    My renewal was €62.50 a month for 240MB BB, so €750 for the year. Took 3 phone calls but got them down a good bit

Pressed for a further discount but was told that was the highest loyalty discount on offer. Still not bad, a €220 saving for a few minutes on the phone. Now to do it all over again for my parents :)

Thanks, now know what to look for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭CoBo55

To end the first calls did you say to cancel or you'd ring back?

CoBo55 wrote: »
    To end the first calls did you say to cancel or you'd ring back?
    I say I am still not happy and will have to have a think about it...next call, say you've been looking around other providers and had a think about it and you are going to just have to cancel and ask is there anything more they can do before you cancel. Say you need to talk the other half too

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Anyone have the direct number for the loyalty team ? I recall there was one, but has been over a year since I spoke with them

• Advertisement

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Anyone have the direct number for the loyalty team ? I recall there was one, but has been over a year since I spoke with them

Just ring 1908 and follow the prompts to cancel your service

Now to do it all over again for my parents :)
    So parents were on following deal

240Mb Virgin Mix Tv Anytime Mobile - €92.50 + €11 for multiroom so €103.50 a month or €1,242p.a
    1. Offer 1 - €81 a month - €972p.a
    2. Offer 2 - Put them on to new package for €89 a month but with 50% discount for 6 months and then 50% off the multiroom for the full 12 months so €49.50 for 6 months and then €94 for remaining 6 months - €861p.a or €380 saving over the year.

I probably could have pushed for more but it seemed like a good discount

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭BaronVon

fmul9798 wrote: »

061-272190

Don't know if that still works, but it used to.....

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

I have received a cheque from Virgin Media, refund of a service never agreed. A year ago we agreed 32.50 for nine months and three months 42.50. Instead of the prices agreed, i have been charged 45 euro monthly & 55 for the three months. I have requested an explanation for months, but all in vain....the contract was only for the broadband, the phone not included, so they quietly charged me 12.50 euro monthly on top of the broadband fee without my consent. I canceled the direct debit for the last payment. I was waiting for a warning letter for unpaid service, but I got a cheque instead.:)
    Basically this was the reason I have cancelled the service with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Have been with VM for over 10 years sick of the yearly price increases .But the cable bringing the eir phone line to the house is long gone ,Wonder how much would they charge to restore the line if I moved backed to them

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭emy

rebeve wrote: »
    Have been with VM for over 10 years sick of the yearly price increases .But the cable bringing the eir phone line to the house is long gone ,Wonder how much would they charge to restore the line if I moved backed to them

I tried Vodafone with their latest offer. The tech guy came and changed the phone line box, I got the modem router shortly after. Unfortunately from the promised 100Mb speed, I get only around 10Mb home. I returned the modem and cancelled the contract. I paid just under 7 euro for what i used... I am with 3three 4G, hotspot struggling now, just over 2Mb speed in Blanch, very poor. I might go back with Vodafone, no other choice for now. I will test Eir and vodafone 4G to see which has the best coverage.

Is it possible for me to change my Wi-Fi Password? Sorry to side-track this thread; just looked at my bill due at end of month.....€63 for "240" Broadband.......ringing tomorrow again to cancel & see will they do better than most recent offer of €29 for 6 (or 9; can't remember) & €59.50 for remainder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

EUR 59 per month for 250 meg broadband. Negotiated down to 29.5 for 6 months and back to 59 thereafter. Not much doing beyond that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

Internet, home phone, TV and one multi room.
    Was coming in at 102. Was actually a family members house and I wasn't aware her bill was monthly. Worked out very expensive per year.

Got 6 months for 51. And 6 for 96 I think.
    Then 102 again when thats up.
    Took 5 mins. Offered me 15 off first I said but people on boards got up to 9 months half price. Came back with above offer. Took that.

Did anyone else push for 9?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

with virgin want to change to sky but i have no landline here which i presume you need -would sky put in the landline if you moved to them

Advertisement