Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a solicitor in Dublin for buying a property

• 26-04-2016 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

hi ,guys,

Just gone sale agreed on a house,I have a mortgage approved in principle, I need a solicitor to complete this purchase,

please PM if you have any information about a good solicitor.

thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

flyandrain wrote: »
    hi ,guys,

Just gone sale agreed on a house,I have a mortgage approved in principle, I need a solicitor to complete this purchase,

thank you!

Can you give general location so we can then PM details if nearby. Ie no point giving details of one in Dublin if in Donegal.

I'm using an excellent one at moment in Dublin. Will PM details if you're in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flyandrain

Can you give general location so we can then PM details if nearby. Ie no point giving details of one in Dublin if in Donegal.

I'm using an excellent one at moment in Dublin. Will PM details if you're in Dublin.

yes, i am in Dublin, PM detail, please, thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 longsun

Hey,
    I am looking for a good Solicitor in Dublin also, could i ask you to PM me the details also?:)

Thanks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

^ PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

looking for solicitor in D4 or other parts of Dublin.
    buying a new house soon.

Recommendations by pm only please as per forum charter

Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 any_tiff33

Looking for a good solicitor, based in d15 or any surrounding areas. Kindly pm details pls.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

PMs sent to both ^^

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RobLowend

can you please recommend to me to a solicitor for finalizing a property .

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

Used a great solicitor recently
    Collogue also used the same.
    Excellent speedy results

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭KathleenF

I'm looking for a good solicitor in Dublin as well. Would really appreciate any recommendations by PM please. I'm based in North Dublin City but I'm willing to travel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Eve12345

Can someone recommend a good solicitor in Dublin city centre, please PM. Thanks a mil!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Also getting started on the house buying process so looking for a good solicitor. Location is South Dublin.

Please PM any recommendations.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WannabeBuyer

Hi guys
    I am also looking for a good solicitor in Dublin if anyone has any suggestions?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 FullMarks

Hi all,

Currently renting in Dublin 4, myself and my partner are thinking of buying in Drogheda and have AIP. Can anyone pm a recommendation for a solicitor.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

If you have a solicitor that you have used in the past and were happy with and purchasing or selling elsewhere in the country then just use the solicitor you've used in the past, you don't need to employ a "local" solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 walshl5

Looking for a solicitor in Dublin - any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juliet03

Hello,

Looking for a good solicitor, didn't really find one. Would highly appreciate if you could share solicitor details please Baby01032012?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 juliet03

Hi

Can you please share solicitor details with me as well?
    PM me please
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rahzor

I too would really appreciate a PM re Solicitor recommendations please! Thanks in advance!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 cootel

Would love a recommendation for a solicitor in D4/D2

• Registered Users Posts: 1 castle33

Hello,

I am also looking for a good conveyancing solicitor in Dublin. Needs to be reliable and efficient but not necessarily the cheapest. I would appreaciate a PM if anybody has a recommendation. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,069 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Hi folks. Had our offer accepted on a property. Now need to find a Solicitor. I have been ringing around but would appreciate any recommendations. Im in North Dublin. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

You dont need to use a solicitor from the area or county your buying in. Its only paper work that can be done from anywhere. If you find a solicitor is good in kerry or roscommon for example no reason not to us to buy a property in dublin. There is no great mystery on the law side of buying a property

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

You dont need to use a solicitor from the area or county your buying in. Its only paper work that can be done from anywhere. If you find a solicitor is good in kerry or roscommon for example no reason not to us to buy a property in dublin. There is no great mystery on the law side of buying a property

Correct but sometimes experience in certain nuances of conveying property is essential. Not many properties in Kerry would be leasehold title whereas in Dublin many are. In that situation I would much prefer have a solicitor that deals with leaseholds all the time rather than one who hasnt dealt with one in years. The opposite can often be true too -if you were buying farmland in Kerry and problems with title arose a country solicitor would tend to be better versed than a city based one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Muahahaha wrote: »

Correct but sometimes experience in certain nuances of conveying property is essential. Not many properties in Kerry would be leasehold title whereas in Dublin many are. In that situation I would much prefer have a solicitor that deals with leaseholds all the time rather than one who hasnt dealt with one in years. The opposite can often be true too -if you were buying farmland in Kerry and problems with title arose a country solicitor would tend to be better versed than a city based one.

The law is the law. Doesnt matter. They will read up on any points they dont know. There's nothing special with law work. It will be replaced to a large extent over the next few years with AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

The law is the law. Doesnt matter. They will read up on any points they dont know. There's nothing special with law work. It will be replaced to a large extent over the next few years with AI.

:D

All solicitors are NOT the same. There are cases where conveyancing is badly screwed up and it takes more than a decade to resolve.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

My point isnt about reading up on points of law, it is about a solicitor knowing how the law works in specific circumstances and that is what a good experienced solicitor brings to the table.

Not all solicitors are created equally yet you are arguing that no matter what one you use the outcome will be the same. Well unfortunately that is not true, using a solicitor who is not experienced in what they are doing can land you in a whole world of trouble. That is why I am saying that using a Kerry solicitor to process the purchase of a property with a complex leasehold title in Dublin is not good advice. To a good Dublin solicitor leasehold titles will be bread and butter, to a good Kerry solicitor they may never have even transacted one before and no amount of reading up will mitigate the potential land mines along the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

flyandrain wrote: »
    hi ,guys,

thank you!

can you PM me his details also?

Advertisement