Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone tried to sell a Bulgarian Property?

• 26-01-2013 7:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Has anyone any experience of a company that claim to sell Bulgarian property, Extra Sales? They are based in Dublin, (Fitzwilliam square) and take marketing fees upfront. I had my own bad experience. I foolishly gave them a large marketing fee in October 2009 to sell a building project I have in Bulgaria and promises were made. A buyer would be found after 3 months, deal closed in 6 months. A very long story short after 2.5 yrs NOT one viewer of the project. Early 2010 they started to pull away from me and it was always me making the calls. They always said they had someone interested and they would be coming soon. No one ever came. I became suspicious and kept pressing them, in the end my patience ended, and asked for the money back, nothing.
    I brought them to the small claims court via the on-line route. They ignored the whole process including the decree from the court. I brought the decree to the sheriffs office and he went and recovered the money from them after the threat to remove assets was made.
    Big lesson, never give fees upfront, they claim to be very successful so let them collect their commission upon sale.

I live in Bulgaria and anyone selling beware the Russian market thing is totally over-hyped. They do buy but are very choosy and want substantial discounts on finished properties with no issues.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who has had experience with Extra Sales,

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to the Accomodation & Property forum

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cracker13274

Hi,

Has anyone tried to sell a Bulgarian property with Extra Sales, Dublin based comapny?

They take upfront marketing fees, promise a lot.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,233 ✭✭✭✭Victor

They take upfront marketing fees, promise a lot.
    Run away. Fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You posted on this topic before and I moved your thread to the Accommodation & Property forum. I'll move this thread to the same forum also, so that the moderators can merge them together.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 1 killoe

We too have had the same sorriful experience with extra sales, all promises and no sale even after 3 years.. How long did it take to get your deposit back after starting proceedings against extra sales?
    Has anyone had a good experience with this "company"?????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 cracker13274

Hi, thanks for your post. Extra Sales put me through torture. It took around 5 months to get the money back. Send Boylan an email first asking for your money back of course he won't reply. Then simply type small claims court into Google and submit your claim online. It works for some regions like Dublin region and a few others will take online applications. Very straightforward. It costs around 25 Euro. They may not contest the case.
    If they have "hungry Russian investors" why then do they need a marketing fee?
    A learning experience... Never pay anyone upfront fees like that.

Best of luck any Qs drop me a line.

Lete know how it goes please.

Cheers!

killoe wrote: »
    We too have had the same sorriful experience with extra sales, all promises and no sale even after 3 years.. How long did it take to get your deposit back after starting proceedings against extra sales?
    Has anyone had a good experience with this "company"?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3 foyezer

<snipped at poster's request>

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭SeanSouth

If this is the same company as "Extra Sales Consulting Limited", the last filed balance sheet is an insolvent one.

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hammer155

Oh no this is very worrying, I paid €1000 to them 18 months ago

Anyone get there money back without going to court?
    Is there a group forming to get money back collectively?

I cant believe the arrogance of this company they virtually treat me with contempt when I ask for them is there anything happening with my property.

This is totally unacceptable when i paid over €1000 of my hard earned money!

• Advertisement

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

• Registered Users Posts: 2 hammer155

The reason they are getting away with it for so long is that they are able to deal with us individually!. I'm sure there must be many clients who have been treated badly by this company surely getting together is the best approach?

I notice they have had a big turnover of staff (another worrying sign) maybe there are some disgruntled staff out there who know of other disgruntled clients... I would ask them to simply divert those clients to this thread and lets see can we get a real power group together to get our money back?

I see Diarmaid Condon website, very interesting and depressing to see, but at least its finally getting into the media.

GavMan please let us know here for the good of everyone how you get on with your 10 day ultimatum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭GavMan

hammer155 wrote: »
    GavMan please let us know here for the good of everyone how you get on with your 10 day ultimatum

I've no property to sell, Hammer.

I'm just posting the link to the site as the user can't..

Advertisement