Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dumb/Great Facebook Status {merge} [No Names]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

A friend of mine recently liked this.

Surely whoever created the page would want to get his name right/actually know it in the first place, and do a little more with the page than copy and the paste the first paragraph from their wikipedia page.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,053 ✭✭✭batistuta9

A friend of mine recently liked this.

Surely whoever created the page would want to get his name right/actually know it in the first place, and do a little more with the page than copy and the paste the first paragraph from their wikipedia page.

who knows why they created the page, when you like one of them pages the owners/admin of the page will have access to everyone's page/data who's liked it

batistuta9 wrote: »
    who knows why they created the page, when you like one of them pages the owners/admin of the page will have access to everyone's page/data who's liked it

Maybe he wants to steal my identity...

"A.B.C" - "Alex Baldwin, Criminal." :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,373 ✭✭✭im invisible

i thought them pages were kind of auto set up by facebook,in conjunction with wikipedia

i thought them pages were kind of auto set up by facebook,in conjunction with wikipedia

I thought it was the official page till I noticed the spelling mistake, then spotted that it says "Did you mean Alec Baldwin?" under his name. Then I clicked on that to go to the official page which has 46,344 people who like it, compared to poor Alex's 380 :D.

Oddly though, the pages are otherwise identical.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

My cousin just shared a photo of a grave.

Underneath it was a note from a woman who had just buried her child and wanted her friends to share the picture so everyone could see the grave. I was just shocked.

Maybe he wants to steal my identity...

"A.B.C" - "Alex Baldwin, Criminal." :eek:

maybe, or else they want to make money spaming people
    I thought it was the official page till I noticed the spelling mistake, then spotted that it says "Did you mean Alec Baldwin?" under his name. Then I clicked on that to go to the official page which has 46,344 people who like it, compared to poor Alex's 380 :D.

Oddly though, the pages are otherwise identical.

i don't think FB ever setup the pages - though you do see wiki a lot with towns etc. - but doubt they do it for celebs/movies or whatever

all you have to do to make a page official is write official on it though, so how do you really know which is which unless they say or have links to it somewhere, a lot more famous people seem to actually use twitter than FB

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

"such a tym ta tel u ta cum ta tec alf 2 ta 4 wdf lol"

equals

"such a time to tell you to come to tech at 2.30 to 4 pm...what the fuck, laugh out loud"

(c) BoardsPostTranslator, 2012

I still don't understand what he means! :o "Such a time to tell you..." sounds like it came out of Google Translate from Russian or something and really means "I'm taking the time to tell you..." or "It's time to tell you..."!

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Nuair a bhí mé ag siúl chuig na siopaí inné, chonaic mé Liopard a chiceáil sicín sna liathróidí.

Céard sa fuic é sin?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/p480x480/154400_208682862576991_165948343517110_325279_450602500_n.jpg

Also, still couldn't figure out how to do a screen shot of girl-with-24-hours-to-live-grandfather-but-who-is-okay-now.
    Oh well :(

• Advertisement

I still don't understand what he means! :o "Such a time to tell you..." sounds like it came out of Google Translate from Russian or something and really means "I'm taking the time to tell you..." or "It's time to tell you..."!

it means he/she thinks it's a stupid time that they have to go to the tech at

it means he/she thinks it's a stupid time that they have to go to the tech at

Ahh. Right. I'm clearly having a slow day here :P

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Michael Weston

Underneath it was a note from a woman who had just buried her child and wanted her friends to share the picture so everyone could see the grave. I was just shocked.

We have friends in common. Its a sad time for the family but not sure facebook is the proper forum for this. They must be in absolute bits all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

THE SHADOW KNOWS!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

We have friends in common. Its a sad time for the family but not sure facebook is the proper forum for this. They must be in absolute bits all the same.

I too have friends who 'liked' the page. The child was buried only a few hours before that picture was posted by its mother. I found it very sad but when i asked about the story i found out a little more and its not so suprising if you know the story behind it all.

Everyone has at least 50 friends on facebook right? - but when it comes to needing a friend who will actually be there for you? - I guarantee not even 25 people will like this status .. Like this status if you will be there for me, then put it as your status and see how many likes you get ♥ ♥ ♥

Fúck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

"How everyone get on out ther hope our well send big happy =)=)=)send one back if like."

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭danslevent

Just found out an 18 year old girl I know is pregnant...thought it was a frape...it wasn't. It came up along with all the pictures of her out pissed over the weekend :/

I have a friend and her statuses go like this

Monday - Wow that was a rough weekend, head bursting, never drinking again.
    Monday evening - A few glasses of wine to ease me into the week ahead.
    Tuesday - Is it nearly the weekend yet?
    Wednesday - surely its the weekend already?
    Thursday - Having a few glasses of vino to ease me into the weekend.
    Friday - Woohoo, Friday, heading to XXXX tonight, cant wait
    Saturday Morning - Head busting, never drinking again.
    Saturday afternoon- Still dying.
    Saturday evening - Sitting into night, big fire on and a few glasses of vino in front of the TV.
    Saturday night - Couldnt resist it, xxx called so heading out to xxxx pub for a few, sure why not its the weekend.
    Sunday morning - Oh why did i drink so much last night????
    Sunday evening - Definitely staying in tonight, head is fúcked.
    Sunday night - Few glasses of vino just to finish the weekend.
    Monday - Why cant it be friday, i hate Mondays.

and so on......

The thing is she's 40yrs old!!

danslevent wrote: »
    Just found out an 18 year old girl I know is pregnant...thought it was a frape...it wasn't. It came up along with all the pictures of her out pissed over the weekend :/

you'd hardy know on the wednesday if you got pregnant at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Laura_lolly87

CJC999 wrote: »
    I too have friends who 'liked' the page. The child was buried only a few hours before that picture was posted by its mother. I found it very sad but when i asked about the story i found out a little more and its not so suprising if you know the story behind it all.

To be honest I don't know the story behind it, just thought it must be a horrible situation for the mother losing her baby but i don't understand why the are sharing a picture of a baby's grave

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Reading through this i'm more and more tempted to go on and rip the f*ck outta people who post crap on FB, wonder how many i can get to defriend me.

The fact that (as mentioned ^^^^ up there somewhere) it was my birthday i got over 50 happy birthday posts on my wall despite telling most of these people that I'M NOT ON FACEBOOK ANYMORE.

hence the rage boiling over even more now reading through some of these.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Some Americans and even some Canadians regularly post the same ideas and concepts on their Facebooks. I think it could be just a sign of insecurity. Some opinions are impossible to oppose in a popular way therefore all of their American peers are forced to listen to them.

Some examples below:

Support the troops

What does that even mean ? Support their goal of getting blown to pieces and killed but don't support them if they are lucky enough to get home ?

Freedom isn't free

What does that mean either in the context of whats really happening ? I was taught to keep private parts private and sacred. I was brought up decent. Now apparently they can anally rape you with a butt probe as you go through the airport. How the hell is that freedom ? I'd rather take my chances statistically with bombers and die an unviolated man than get raped.

If they were fighting Darth Vader and spamming me day and night with this I would start trying to picture Darth as a misunderstood family man and Luke Skywalker as a very naughty boy lol.

Ahh and theres also those strange redneck and low IQ females who post pictures on their profiles ( a lot of the time of some slutty looking blonde cartoon female) with the words captioned

''I'm not just a bitch, I'm The Bitch ''

Fuck off !!! Please !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Everyone has at least 50 friends on facebook right? - but when it comes to needing a friend who will actually be there for you? - I guarantee not even 25 people will like this status .. Like this status if you will be there for me, then put it as your status and see how many likes you get ♥ ♥ ♥

Are you sure you want to remove ''fuckwit'' from your friends ? Click Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

CJC999 wrote: »
    I have a friend and her statuses go like this

Monday - Wow that was a rough weekend, head bursting, never drinking again.
    Monday evening - A few glasses of wine to ease me into the week ahead.
    Tuesday - Is it nearly the weekend yet?
    Wednesday - surely its the weekend already?
    Thursday - Having a few glasses of vino to ease me into the weekend.
    Friday - Woohoo, Friday, heading to XXXX tonight, cant wait
    Saturday Morning - Head busting, never drinking again.
    Saturday afternoon- Still dying.
    Saturday evening - Sitting into night, big fire on and a few glasses of vino in front of the TV.
    Saturday night - Couldnt resist it, xxx called so heading out to xxxx pub for a few, sure why not its the weekend.
    Sunday morning - Oh why did i drink so much last night????
    Sunday evening - Definitely staying in tonight, head is fúcked.
    Sunday night - Few glasses of vino just to finish the weekend.
    Monday - Why cant it be friday, i hate Mondays.

and so on......

The thing is she's 40yrs old!!
    Your friend is an alcoholic.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

danniemcq wrote: »
    Reading through this i'm more and more tempted to go on and rip the f*ck outta people who post crap on FB, wonder how many i can get to

I was so tempted recently too, someone I know posted a Facebook message to a dead friend, I typed and deleted about 3 times - do they use Facebook in heaven, but I chickened out as I didn't want to cause a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,809 ✭✭✭phill106

you'd hardy know on the wednesday if you got pregnant at the weekend

Well if she rode half of ireland that night, would be a good guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

This technically isn't a status, but it is entertaining. A large argument between some inbreds and a creepy fella. My head hurt reading it.
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 8,367 ✭✭✭Riddle101

There's a couple on "my Facebook" that talk to each other though their Facebook statutes.

"had a great weekend darling, I love you so much."

"food luck tomorrow babe xxxx "

You live in the same fcukong house...what are you doing????"

I always found that really annoying. Family members commenting on each other's statuses despite living in the same house. Be better to just should up/down the stairs at each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭AnnaVanilla

This technically isn't a status, but it is entertaining. A large argument between some inbreds and a creepy fella. My head hurt reading it.
    <snip>

Wow... just wow... that can't be real? Those people are actually real and out there in the world somewhere?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement