Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Right CAO number Wrong Exam Number

• 11-09-2020 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

My daughter did not get the offer she wanted as her CAO form had the wrong exam number and she will have to wait until the 2nd round before this is corrected which is not a great situation to be in?

has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

paulie_irl wrote: »
    My daughter did not get the offer she wanted as her CAO form had the wrong exam number and she will have to wait until the 2nd round before this is corrected which is not a great situation to be in?

If its possible to listen back to Liveline on Rte 1 radio, I think there was someone on who's son had been given incorrect exam results or something of the like.

If it was the CAO who issued the wrong exam number I would consider this ridiculous and demand it be rectified immediately as there may be a possibility that a place on the course will not be available in round 2 of CAO.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

who made the error ? If CAO made the error, then it should be rectified immediately. If she made the error, beg and see can they make earlier rectification.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

timple23 wrote: »

If it was the CAO who issued the wrong exam number ....
    The CAO don't issue exam numbers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Did she put in the correct exam number when she applied to the CAO?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭onedmc

Pauline, we have a similar problem. seeming my daughter failed to enter the year of her leaving cert. The CAO says she should have checked the confirmation correspondence that she got from the CAO and corrected her error. The CAO confirmation correspondence of course dosnt have any mention of year leaving cert and there you go, we should have spotted that.

We got a call from the head of the CAO who assured us that we are in the second round, interesting in itself.

We know of 2 similar cases in our locality and I figure it may be due to the fact that no paper confirmation was sent out this year only electronic. On the paper one we would have spotted the blank, or a parent would have, or the school, or the school friends. On the electronic its just not evident.

Advertisement